Index
#445872 - 12/18/17 01:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd & Bill

Great melody - fun tune - clever lyric, excellent storytelling about a philandering survivalist, and all wrapped up in a great performance.

Peter

Peter - glad you enjoyed it...

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd & Bill

Great melody - fun tune - clever lyric, excellent storytelling about a philandering survivalist, and all wrapped up in a great performance.

Peter
I was thinking the same thing. I thought the Holiday Inn part worked OK as it was referenced again later when she said she thought he might have run off with some other girl. Great production as usual and very well sung with some challenging phrasing. I as well as many others always get excited to see a new post from you. A pleasure, Tom

Tom - I most appreciate that you noticed the "challenging phrasing". There were parts of this that were a real mouthful... smile

#445894 - 12/18/17 02:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Great song, Floyd. And I actually liked the "Holiday Inn" thing...very clever and got it right away.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#445908 - 12/18/17 03:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Floyd, it's fun, entertaining with very clever lyric content! Just like everything you post! you have amassed quite a collection of great country tunes! Thanks, Torrey

#445946 - 12/18/17 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool lyric Floyd. This was a very entertaining song. Great story telling. Super vocal. Excellent collaboration

#446004 - 12/19/17 05:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: Scott C]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jford
Great song, Floyd. And I actually liked the "Holiday Inn" thing...very clever and got it right away.

Thanks, John! Always nice to see you drop by the Showcase... And your tip on the Copy Special for shots and holds was great!!! I've been using the method Noel mentioned - which is a bit more tedious.... so Thanks for that!

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Floyd, it's fun, entertaining with very clever lyric content! Just like everything you post! you have amassed quite a collection of great country tunes! Thanks, Torrey

Glad you dropped by, Torrey. Looking forward to your stuff in the coming year...

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool lyric Floyd. This was a very entertaining song. Great story telling. Super vocal. Excellent collaboration

Appreciate that, Scott...

#446132 - 12/19/17 02:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
This is a cleverly written and hilarious story presented by a cool "Appalachian Swing" band.

Great production and vocal -- never expect any less and never get any less. You've been clearing that very high bar for quite a while mr jane.

Amongst all the goodness here what really struck (and surprised us) was the cool use of those bluegrass solo RT's (guitar and mandolin). The use of them in anything other than a bluegrass production is very rare on this forum. It really worked well.

It had to be a lot fun working it up and it sure is a lot of fun listening to the result.

Y'all done good.

J&B
J&B Website

#446803 - 12/22/17 09:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, floyd

It's a bit old style country song, I feel like heard it somewhere in an old American movie.
Your storytelling singing is wonderful.
Though it is not an usual rock tune, I also like this kind of music.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#446925 - 12/23/17 02:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Very nice country folk!
Nice story too.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#447477 - 12/27/17 09:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
This song really appealed to me, Floyd. I'm OK with letting the lyrics fall where they may... I like the hodgepodge of random information. It paints a picture that fits pretty well into the mundane lives lived by most of us.

I think songs that give the audience free reign to make up their own interpretation automatically have wider appeal, because they aren't boxed in to a single message on which the audience might be divided.

My take: the story makes an interesting commentary on suspicion. The man and the woman in the story both had suspicions (the wife suspected her husband was going to run off with another woman, while the man suspected that society was going to collapse, and he needed to be prepared)

While neither of them was completely right, neither of them was completely wrong. The things we're prepared for aren't generally the things that get us in the end.

Hats off to both of you... I'm very impressed that after so many home runs you continue to find new ways to hit the ball out of the park.

#447511 - 12/27/17 12:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: Pat Marr]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
This is a cleverly written and hilarious story presented by a cool "Appalachian Swing" band.

Great production and vocal -- never expect any less and never get any less. You've been clearing that very high bar for quite a while mr jane.

Amongst all the goodness here what really struck (and surprised us) was the cool use of those bluegrass solo RT's (guitar and mandolin). The use of them in anything other than a bluegrass production is very rare on this forum. It really worked well.

It had to be a lot fun working it up and it sure is a lot of fun listening to the result.

Y'all done good.

J&B

Your new avatar is cool! Anytime I can get a nod from YOU about how I use bluegrass instruments in a production, that is enough to give me a smile... smile

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, floyd

It's a bit old style country song, I feel like heard it somewhere in an old American movie.
Your storytelling singing is wonderful.
Though it is not an usual rock tune, I also like this kind of music.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - Thanks for all your support throughout the year! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, as well....

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Very nice country folk!
Nice story too.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, y'all....

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
This song really appealed to me, Floyd. I'm OK with letting the lyrics fall where they may... I like the hodgepodge of random information. It paints a picture that fits pretty well into the mundane lives lived by most of us.

I think songs that give the audience free reign to make up their own interpretation automatically have wider appeal, because they aren't boxed in to a single message on which the audience might be divided.

My take: the story makes an interesting commentary on suspicion. The man and the woman in the story both had suspicions (the wife suspected her husband was going to run off with another woman, while the man suspected that society was going to collapse, and he needed to be prepared)

While neither of them was completely right, neither of them was completely wrong. The things we're prepared for aren't generally the things that get us in the end.

Hats off to both of you... I'm very impressed that after so many home runs you continue to find new ways to hit the ball out of the park.

Thanks, Pat. As I stated previously, a good deal of this - the storyline - was Bill's doing, so he deserves that credit. Very pleased to have you drop by. Wish you would visit more often!!!!

#447530 - 12/27/17 04:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
gruverider Offline
Expert

I really enjoyed the story and the vocal, mix and production were spot on.

Well done!

#447532 - 12/27/17 05:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

fj,

I love this one- great story.

Regards,

Lefty

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#447550 - 12/27/17 09:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Virginia
Belladonna Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Virginia
Floyd Jane, Love the lyrics and the story it tells. Especially love the surprise ending that was really COOL!!! Reading all the comments and yes, the part about the guy loves his wife but is cheating on her with some other woman may leave some to question how could he love her and want her to be with him through a disaster. But in some cultures, it is acceptable to have those kinds of escapades, it's just not very acceptable in America. I had a friend who married a Korean guy and he thought it was just fine to see another woman for sex only. His American wife certainly did not appreciate it when he naively told her. Needless to say a divorce soon followed.

Edited by Belladonna (12/27/17 10:17 PM)

#447588 - 12/28/17 05:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: Belladonna]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gruverider
I really enjoyed the story and the vocal, mix and production were spot on.

Well done!

Thanks, Lawrence. Always pleased to hear your take on a song... Hope we see a BUNCH more of you - AND your songs! - through the coming year...

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
fj,

I love this one- great story.

Regards,

Lefty

Thanks, Bob... I know Bill would appreciate that, at well... Hoping your 2018 is top shelf....

Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Floyd Jane, Love the lyrics and the story it tells. Especially love the surprise ending that was really COOL!!! Reading all the comments and yes, the part about the guy loves his wife but is cheating on her with some other woman may leave some to question how could he love her and want her to be with him through a disaster. But in some cultures, it is acceptable to have those kinds of escapades, it's just not very acceptable in America. I had a friend who married a Korean guy and he thought it was just fine to see another woman for sex only. His American wife certainly did not appreciate it when he naively told her. Needless to say a divorce soon followed.

Donna - thanks. There are all kinds of stories out there to tell - regardless of whether we approve or agree...

#449889 - 01/08/18 08:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Shed [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: Midwest
Just a thought. The lyric never states that his "sin" is of a sexual nature. There is A LOT more options for "sinning" at a hotel than that .

He could be meeting a drug dealer, or perhaps he IS the dealer. It could be gambling. It could be some kind of arms dealings. Any of the above could have him believing HIS world was close to ending and he should prepare. Buford was paranoid for reasons, real or imagined. I do believe the intended implication was probably sex though wink

The name "Buford" took me more out of the moment than anything else did. lol

Now the song...meh. I guess if you like well written and produced songs, then this would work for you. But you have to understand, great songs aren't for everyone.

Edited by HearToLearn (01/08/18 07:04 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

RealBand 2019 is Here!

We've added over 30 new features to RealBand 2019, including Notation Window enhancements, Tracks Window enhancements, StylePicker enhancements - and more! Learn all about this new version here.

Snag your copy of RealBand 2019 with your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase - upgrades on SALE until December 31st - save up to 40%! View all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase options here.

Forum Stats
28395 Members
58 Forums
55117 Topics
458894 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Michaeljones, prian, olderfellow, Ronny Nitz, oscar420

28394 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 320
Pipeline 316