Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I just purchased the 4 PAK Xtra tracks for Xmas hoping to play around with them, however like best laid plans they don't seem to work very well with my BIAB 2017 Pro version. The first new pattern for a new song was a World Celtic Harp that I liked and now it says Real Band does not have this instrument? I didn't see anything about having to upgrade Real Band for new instruments. A couple other new patterns I chose said the Real Band tracks weren't available. Anyone know what's up??

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
I just purchased the 4 PAK Xtra tracks for Xmas hoping to play around with them, however like best laid plans they don't seem to work very well with my BIAB 2017 Pro version. The first new pattern for a new song was a World Celtic Harp that I liked and now it says Real Band does not have this instrument? I didn't see anything about having to upgrade Real Band for new instruments. A couple other new patterns I chose said the Real Band tracks weren't available. Anyone know what's up??

If you are talking about anything with new RealTracks I am pretty sure they make the new RealTracks only work with the new version of BIAB.

But, if you are referring to the "Xtra Styles PAK 4" then it says "These Xtra Styles require Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher and use RealTracks from the UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition." which should mean they will work with 2017. However, the problem will likely be that your 2017 Pro version did not include the RealTracks being used in the styles. Remember, the styles paks do not include any RealTracks and they only group together existing RealTracks.

You should contact PG Music asap to verify and return the PAK if it will not work with what you already own.

C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Remember, the styles paks do not include any RealTracks and they only group together existing RealTracks.

What? I did not know that.

Windows 10 build 16299
2018 Ultra
Intel i5-3550 @ 3.3GHz
p8z77-v pro
RAM: 32GB
Roland V-Studio 100
Alesis VX49

https://soundcloud.com/dirtbom/
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I have the 2017 BIAB Pro version which I purchased last May and then I added the upgrades and patches in September 2017. So for Xmas I decided to get the Xtra Styles 4 PAK and they said it worked with 2017 BIAB but did not specify that you had to have a certain BIAB or RB, otherwise I would have upgraded or at least knew that they wouldn't work with what I have. Disappointing to say the least.

Last edited by Belladonna; 12/24/17 01:53 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Yes,

Each Xtra PAK is a collection of styles. The Xtra styles may use ANY 2017 or earlier RealTrack so you need to have all RealTracks published as of 2017.

+++ This +++ page describes the Xtra PAKs. The screenshot below shows the boxed caution stating all RealTracks are required for the styles to work.

I would contact PG Music Sales after Christmas to determine your next course of action.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
xtra caution.jpg (167.63 KB, 101 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I did get more styles, but some of the instruments didn't translate over to Real Band and yes I am missing some instruments, like a harp that I wanted. Will have to get with PG after Xmas.

Veteran
Veteran
I believe I read in another post you (Belladonna) have the Pro PAK. The Pro PAK is a great introduction to Band-in-a-Box and RealBand. That is the package I first purchased to learn about the capabilities of the two programs.

Unfortunately, the Pro Pak has the least amount of accessories. In a way that's a good thing because the lack of accessories lets you concentrate on learning program capabilities. When I upgraded to the UltraPlus PAK I spent more time listening than learning the programs. Of course that's fun too!

Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Yeah! I went with the basic introductory one because I was not sure I could learn it or use it. Now that I can at least record a song, I am encouraged that I may be able to actually get better at it and may be ready for the next level.

Veteran
Veteran
Keep in mind that PG Music have a 30-day, money-back guarantee on purchases (no questions asked).

If a product doesn't do what you purchased it to do, simply ask for a refund.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah! I went with the basic introductory one because I was not sure I could learn it or use it. Now that I can at least record a song, I am encouraged that I may be able to actually get better at it and may be ready for the next level.

The Band-in-a-Box and RealBand programs stay the same throughout all the various packages. What changes with each package is the amount of styles, Realtracks, MidiSuperTracks and RealDrums included.

It is unfortunate it is possible to come up with the N/A (not available) tag way too often.

Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Jim, talking to them about my options and getting to the next level.

Veteran
Veteran
And to be clear, a lot of folks on the forum use the term "style" when they mean "RealTrack", which can lead to confusion, as they are not the same thing. Buying "RealStyles" packages only give you style files that reference existing RealTracks that are already on your computer. If you don't have the underlying RealTracks, the RealStyles are not going to work.

MIDI styles are different, in that the riffs used to create the sounds are defined directly in the style (no external dependencies). Hybrid styles (those with a mix of MIDI and RealTracks) will have MIDI defined in the style, but only reference the RealTracks (and require that they be on your machine).

And some styles may reference SuperMIDI tracks, which are separate, like RealTracks, but in MIDI format (they are not defined in the style, because they are processed by a different "engine" than regular MIDI tracks).

For the XTRA style packs to work, because they pull from RealTracks across many years of RealTrack development, you need to have one of the packages that include "all" the available RealTracks. The BIAB Pro version only includes enough RealTracks to whet your whistle to what BIAB can do. You really need to upgrade to the UltraPak to be able to really experience what BIAB has to offer.

I know this can get confusing, but this is how it works. Again, if you don't want to upgrade to the UltraPak, then contact PGMusic for a refund for the XTRA pak you purchased as part of their 30-day money back guarantee.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Expert
Expert
It's rather disappointing that PG went to the trouble to make the new RealTracks inoperable with the prior versions of BIAB and RB.

Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

If you are talking about anything with new RealTracks I am pretty sure they make the new RealTracks only work with the new version of BIAB.

But, if you are referring to the "Xtra Styles PAK 4" then it says "These Xtra Styles require Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher and use RealTracks from the UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition." which should mean they will work with 2017. However, the problem will likely be that your 2017 Pro version did not include the RealTracks being used in the styles. Remember, the styles paks do not include any RealTracks and they only group together existing RealTracks.

You should contact PG Music asap to verify and return the PAK if it will not work with what you already own.

Veteran
Veteran
The XTRA styles pack also clearly indicate that you need either the UltraPak or higher to use them, as they require the underlying Realtracks to be be present to use them. The paks do not include any styles; they only reference existing styles on your disk. If you don't have them already, it won't work correctly.

If you have the ProPak or the MegaPak, you're going to find the XTRA styles paks aren't going to do you much good.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: toucher
It's rather disappointing that PG went to the trouble to make the new RealTracks inoperable with the prior versions of BIAB and RB.
A little unfair IMO, they work hard and improved a lot over the years. Kind of logic that they want to showcase and exploit the newest features only possible with the latest updates.

The only grief i find is that some of the even older mainly 'soloist' type Realtracks are quite useless especially if you work with bar-beat count changes during an arrangement as i found. They miss too many bars. Reported a few to sales, starting maybe 2 years ago, and they still weren't fixed with the latest Realtrack updates. To name a few, Andy leftwich's mandolin soloing, and some of Brent's e guitar solo work .... they are really worthwhile to get 'right'.

But, to be fair: at the price they charge for the whole caboose, even for the Audiophile version, i cannot really feel 'ripped' off LoL. -F

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195