Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I've just received the following to my SC message box and wondered what you all thought:

How's it going Icelander. I heard the song you uploaded the other day. I was really impressed by what I heard. I am actually a talent recruiter for NextGen Promotions and I'd be intersted in in helping you get your work greater exposure. I think you could really grow your fan base. Shoot me an email and we will talk further:

For one thing, I actually haven't uploaded anything to SoundCloud in months (until last night), and then there's that very vague "the other day" coupled with not even bothering to name said song that got him so "really impressed".crazy

Am I just being too cynical for my own good, or does anyone else smell something not quite 'fresh' here? confused

p.s. Oh, and that misspelled "intersted" is his, not mine grin

Thank goodness words aren't knives.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Spam.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I get a lot of these. They are never specific about what song they loved. Spam!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I used to get those every day, 3 or 4 a day, yet my play count never increased. They are phishing for suckers.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
I get a lot of these. They are never specific about what song they loved.
Yeah, that was the first red flag for me too. You'd think these "phishers" would make a little more effort, eh laugh

Right, then, I think the consensus here is as unanimous as it gets, thanks to all for the feedback - nice to see so many forum members actually agree on something grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
I get a lot of these. They are never specific about what song they loved.
Yeah, that was the first red flag for me too. You'd think these "phishers" would make a little more effort, eh laugh

Right, then, I think the consensus here is as unanimous as it gets, thanks to all for the feedback - nice to see so many forum members actually agree on something grin

Hilltop Records is another one to pass one and they can be specific.

I help a friend do a Christian song that he put up on SoundCloud. Hilltop Records contacted him and said they are doing a Christian album and for $500 they would see if that song fit the album. I told them they have heard the song so they should already know if the song fits but he insisted in sending them money. I told him if he hits it big he can keep all the money as I don't want anything to do with this. He hasn't brought up the topic since!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
These people are really misleading and giving false hope to musicians worldwide! I am convinced that I could put up a recording of my cat hurling up a hairball and they would want to promote it!! I personally know a very successful Nashville music publisher and he has repeatedly told me that good things happen for musicians through hard work and knocking on the right doors yourself (making as many friends as you can in the business). It's a shame that so many people fall for these con artists preying on these good folks hopes and dreams! Sorry for the rant, it kind of gets me mad! T

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
<...snip...>and for $500 they would see if that song fit the album. <...>

If they want up front money, it's a scam. If they really want to promote you instead of take your money, they will invest their money for a portion of the profits.

But then, there is this Nigerian prince who needs to hide a few millions in my bank account, I just have to put up $50,000 to show him I'm honest.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
But then, there is this Nigerian prince who needs to hide a few millions in my bank account, I just have to put up $50,000 to show him I'm honest.

I wonder what's going to happen to all that money when that prince dies and it turns out it was true but nobody took him up on his offer?

It could happen....

Last edited by eddie1261; 01/02/18 01:27 PM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
If you keep up with how many "listens" your tracks get, and there are no new ones, it's obvious they didn't listen, so I would assume it's just spam based on that alone.

Originally Posted By: Icelander
I've just received the following to my SC message box and wondered what you all thought:

How's it going Icelander. I heard the song you uploaded the other day. I was really impressed by what I heard. I am actually a talent recruiter for NextGen Promotions and I'd be intersted in in helping you get your work greater exposure. I think you could really grow your fan base. Shoot me an email and we will talk further:

For one thing, I actually haven't uploaded anything to SoundCloud in months (until last night), and then there's that very vague "the other day" coupled with not even bothering to name said song that got him so "really impressed".crazy

Am I just being too cynical for my own good, or does anyone else smell something not quite 'fresh' here? confused

p.s. Oh, and that misspelled "intersted" is his, not mine grin

Janet Stevenson

BIAB 2019 Win/Finale v25/Audacity
Yamaha Tyros 4/Yamaha P-115/Pianodisc Player Piano

https://www.facebook.com/janetstevensonsinger
http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JanetStevenson
https://soundcloud.com/janetstevenson
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Also block them as spam and check the option to report them as spam to SC. I haven't gotten one in months after that.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny

Hey that is my agent!

Lol

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"a recording of my cat hurling up a hairball", OK I might buy that.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Well, if it worked for that third Shrek film... grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Danny C.

Hey that is my agent!

Lol

laugh laugh laugh

I busted a gut on that one Danny!

Thanks.

Notes

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The industry has always been filled with parasitic scum suckers preying off the ignorant.

I could see Obi Wan overlooking Nashville saying his famous line about there not being a bigger den of villainy and such...

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 01/02/18 09:30 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And of course, it not only musicians they prey upon. A few months ago I got weekly calls from "Microsoft" telling me they noticed a virus on my computer ... ... ...

My responses vary by my mood.

And I can't count the number of e-mails telling me they are looking to loan businesses like mine money, (or in other variations buy it) and yet they don't even know my name.

And I just hung up my cell phone on that "Google Listing" call and it's variations that come again and again and again and again and again (my cell is a business line and therefor cannot be on the do-not-call list).

Everybody is out to get your money, most of them want to give you something in return, and others simply want to con you and give you nothing for it.

You have to be careful.

Insights and incites by Notes

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Back in the day, we called them song sharks. I’ve not heard that term since the early ‘80s—long before the internet–but the scam was the same: they always want you to pay to play.

Before the internet, they ran little ads in all the trade magazines (except Songwriter that refused to run them) and passed out flyers and trade shows.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
And of course, it not only musicians they prey upon. A few months ago I got weekly calls from "Microsoft" telling me they noticed a virus on my computer ...

My record for keeping one of them on the line is 55 minutes. I quickly booted a virtual machine so I could play with her, and she started, in her broken English, to try and get be to the join.me web page to set up a remote connection so she could "fix my problem". And I played it perfectly dumb, like when she told me to type www., I typed in double you, double you.... and at every turn I did something ridiculous like that. 55 minutes!!

The loopholes they have are many. First of all, the "do not call list" is meaningless. It stops nobody from calling. It stops people from being CAUGHT calling. They know very well that NOBODY is going to through all the hoops and red tape to report them. And if they DO get reported, what is going to happen? No TV for a week? Offenders get 4 warnings before they are fined on the 5th report. Then there is the gray area that "they" didn't call me. A computer called me, so sue the computer. (And that defense DID work in a court case about 4 years ago.) Then you have the aspect that they are creating Google phone VOIP numbers, which are not bound by FCC law. AND THEN, they are in India and Pakistan and not bound by the law of the USA. We simply have no defense.

When I laugh is the indignant people who scream "How did you get MY number?" as if Jugdish in Bangalore is actually dialing phone numbers. I just got tired of explaining how robodialers dial every number in a prefix until they get a sucker to answer an play along. Those same people send money to the Nigeria Prince.

You are in a spot. You HAVE to answer your business phone. I don't answer my phone if the call is not from someone in my contacts. If it matters, they will leave a message.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,480
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195