Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#449100 01/04/18 12:11 PM
Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B

Tonight I tried to use a Realtrack that had an Amplitude guitar in it (or at least had 'Amplitude' in the name of the realtrack). There was a hiss every couple of bars that I assumed meant that Amplitude isn't registered. I found an old video on the PG Youtube channel that shows how to register the plugin, but it's out of date, and IK Multimedia's website is different, and there are lots of Amplitude plugins but not a '3'. I've had to admit defeat and hope that someone can show me how to authorise the plugin (assuming that's the cause of the problem). A box flashed up saying that the input and output sample rates are different too - wish I was a bit more enlightened with that sort of thing, but I don't know what that means or how to fix it?
Any help much appreciated!!

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
These days, IK Multimedia use an Authorisation Manager.

If you dowload that and run it, it should look after everything for you.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
IK Multimedia.JPG (42.29 KB, 236 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #449197 01/05/18 12:25 AM
Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B
I've tried that. It takes me through the process, and I copy and paste the serial code, and it tells me that Amplitude 'Custom Shop' is now authorised. Problem is that the program in BiaB is Amplitude 3 and the program on IK Mulitmedias page is 'Custom Shop' - can find no download for Amplitude 3 there at all. The problem is still here, where there is am intermittent hiss sound when trying to use anything that has Amplitude in the title.

Beginners Forum
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Bluesraveler
I've tried that. It takes me through the process, and I copy and paste the serial code, and it tells me that Amplitude 'Custom Shop' is now authorised. Problem is that the program in BiaB is Amplitude 3 and the program on IK Mulitmedias page is 'Custom Shop' - can find no download for Amplitude 3 there at all. The problem is still here, where there is am intermittent hiss sound when trying to use anything that has Amplitude in the title.

Actually, I've gone through this process a half dozen times over the years because I go through a lot of PCs. First you need to go to your user area by "my products" and you will see a list of a half dozen products with serial numbers that you then download, install, and activate through authorization manager.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I could be wrong, but I thought the "free" version of Amplitube 3 (the 32-bit version) was included in the BIAB installation package. I would look at the "PGMusic" folder on your external USB drive (assuming you have that) and find the installer. I'm pretty sure at one time it used to be included.

Also, login as indicated above and check your account "user area" to see what apps are available to you. Depending upon when you registered (because I just created a new dummy account), you may or may not have Amplitube 3 Free in your account. IK has upgraded many of their instruments and effects to 64-bit only and it looks like they're not offering the legacy ones anymore.

But if you install version 3 and register via the authorization manager, it should work. I've got it installed on three machines.

I'm pretty sure, though, if you got your serial number from PGMusic (and if you don't have it, I would contact them), that it should register version 3. If for some reason you can't find a copy of it, let us know and we can get one to you. But it will need a valid serial number to work.

And a point of clarification, the product is "Amplitube" (with a "b"), sort of like a reversal of "Tube Amplifier".

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
jford #449541 01/06/18 11:04 AM
Beginners Forum
I'm having the same problem. I've spent 3 or 4 hours trying to figure this out, searching everywhere and experimenting. I'm still stuck. I finally sent an email to PG Music Support but haven't heard back yet.

When I installed BIAB 2018 Pro it installed Amplitube 3.

I created an IK Multimedia account and somehow already had software products there (although I've never purchased any) but none of them Ampltube 3, just Amplitube 4 custom shop. When trying to use Amplitube 3 in BIAB I get a prompt to authorize it and the IK Authorization manager pops up. I tried the Amplitube 4 serial number but it didn't work (I didn't think it would).

The only serial number I could find was in C:\bb\Data\TicketsActivated. But it's not an IK Multimedia serial number (it's not in the correct format), but the BIAB 2018 serial for my install. I've scoured my PC looking for another but no luck.

I purchased BIAB 2018 Pro as a digital download, so I guess the Amplitube 3 s/n isn't included in that format.

And I can't use Amplitube 4 without purchasing the JBridge (which I did), because Amp 4 is 64-bit only.

With the amazingly huge number of PG Music FAQs, tips and tricks, and amount of info in the PG Forums, I'm surprised there isn't anything to help with this. I would think others have asked about this. Maybe AMP 3 is old school and nobody uses anymore.

I've given up for now, I just want to get using this software. Although it would really be cool to check out some of the Amplitube 3 demos... ah well, maybe try and convert the few that work in BIAB Pro to Amp 4.

BIAB 2018 / Studio One 3 / Guitar Pro
Intel i5 (7th Gen) 3.00GHz / Win 10 Home 64bit
MBox (3rd Gen) USB / Macki MR5 Monitors

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Have you contacted PGMusic about this?

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

jford #449634 01/06/18 06:34 PM
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
I found I had to go into IKMultimedia then in to my account then go to My Products and the serial numbers were there.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Bluesraveler

@ jford, This is the same problem Bluesravaler has. And the 'Custom Shop' referred to was version 4 in my case, and I suspect the same for Bluesravaler.

I sent an email to PGMusic support. Still waiting to hear back but not sure anything can be done...

The problem seems to be that when creating an IK Multimedia account, Amplitube 3 (free) is no longer one of the freebies you get when creating the account, only Amplitube 4, presumably because it supersedes Amp 3.

And I can't find a link for Amplitube 3 (free) on IK Multimedia's website (which would trigger a serial number be made available that I could use to unlock for use in BIAB).

Thing is, IK Multimedia has no idea I purchased Band-In-A-Box, and so it wouldn't know I need a serial for the Amplitube 3 included in BIAB. But BIAB assumes when you create your IK Multimedia account Amp 3 (free) will be available with a serial no. and download link, which used to be the case, but apparently not anymore since Amp 4 now supersedes it.

But maybe the presets in the included BIAB Amplitube 3 Demo tracks will carryover when I change the VSTi to Amp 4 (need JBridge first). Or maybe the Amp 3 (free) is still available somewhere on their website. If not, I guess I'll just delete them. It's pretty intuitive how it works anyway, although would be cool to hear and see how the developers used this plug-in. :-)

Cheers

BIAB 2018 / Studio One 3 / Guitar Pro
Intel i5 (7th Gen) 3.00GHz / Win 10 Home 64bit
MBox (3rd Gen) USB / Macki MR5 Monitors

Beginners Forum
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hey guys,

Unless I'm missing something, it appears that some of you have trouble actually downloading Amplitube 3 (as opposed to obtaining the activation code as some of the others).

If that's the case, then I have uploaded an install folder to my dropbox which you can access here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i_gBAcRyjWoSr9x_WzGRv0AA87wfIx9j?usp=sharing

All the best,

DB

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
When going into IKMultimedia then log in then click on my username it then says "go to your user area". In the user area is the Amplitube serial number and the download. But I have had Amplitube for quite some time even though I only just this week registered it.

For what is is worth

Tony.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I think the problem is that any new accounts now only get Amplitube 4 (not Amplitube 3), just like you now see the free SampleTank 3, not SampleTank 2 anymore. I suspect that if it was already in your "my area" account, then it stays there, but if it was not there in the first place, you now don't see it.

This is something PGMusic needs to address with IK-Multimedia, and at least update the presets provided to work properly with Amplitube 4 (which they may, I don't know, as I use Amplitube 3 with BIAB because I've had the full version for many years now; Amplitube 4 of course requirs jBridge, as it is strictly a 64-bit plugin).

I hope they see this thread and respond to it.

John

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
EDIT

Sorry JOHN seems you hit send before me - I have essentially same observation as you

EDIT out

The Amplitube 3 install is part of the BIAB install - it's a individual "check off" item to include or exclude during install. There should be no need to re-download it from your drop box or from IK MM. Additionally, if you bought BIAB 2018 on the external hard drive it's ALSO included as a separate install item under the folder

"your drive letter:\PGMusic\Installers\ikmultimedia_amplitube_3.11.2.exe"

I have AT 3 (and 4) and an IK account (for a long time) so I have no issues but I understand the dilemma that NEW BIAB AmpliTube 3 users or new IK Multimedia account holders have trying to get a SN from IK MM or PG for Amplitube 3.

As mentioned, the ISSUE is simply getting a Serial Number for AT 3 so it can be Authorized.

Either PG needs to supply a SN (and logically those SN's would have to be obtained from IK MM) or IK MM has to hand them out directly. But there's the rub, as someone already noted above, IK no longer sells or makes a free version of Amplitube 3 available - so SN's going forward are going to be an issue unless PG has a "generic one," a big block of them to hand out, works with IK to get them, or coordinates with IK to have IK send them out or otherwise work out a method to get AT 3 authorized)

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 01/08/18 09:42 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
HI ALL
i dug out this tutorial on Amplitube 3
very informative .
There is an embedded flash video on using it but more importantly on installing it.

At around time 7.00 to 9.00 mins, an even more important bit about installing it on 64 bit operating systems.
apparentely you must not include the 64 bit version as well as the 32 bit that you need or BIAB WONT RUN
hope this helps
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Right, IK Multimedia now doesn't include the A3 serial number if you create a new account (If you already have an account, the A3 serial number will still be there. So I think that's why there is confusion where some people have it and some don't).

We can supply you with a serial number, but please contact us, as we don't have an automated method to distribute them at the moment.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Andrew
What would be the most efficient/reliable contact method for this situation?

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
rharv #450127 01/09/18 09:42 AM
Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
What would be the most efficient/reliable contact method for this situation?

Email to sales@pgmusic.com or live chat.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
this is an old thread but it shows all the problems i have had trying to use amplitube 3 in RB - i haven't installed amplitube custom shop as its 64 bit - all i need is the authorisation code for version 3

Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
there is a reference to amplitude presets - where do i find them? i got a registration number off PG Music and amplitube 3 works fine but i can't find the presets

Beginners Forum
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Is there an easy way to swapping amplitube out and use Peavey Revalver 4, or Guitar Rigg, or TH3. I much prefer using Revalver's miking system I think things are laid out with the best options marked, rather than just playing around which is real time-consuming. Amplitube has loads of advertising unless you buy max (or so I've heard). PG music should make a deal with Peavey for revalver. I think its a 1 person operation but they produce such a great program and their prices are much less than amplitube is unless you buy that on a sale.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195