#451372 - 01/15/18 06:39 PM
[Band-in-a-Box for Windows]
Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 509 Update (Jan 15)
PG Music Staff
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018Download the Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 509 update
This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2018 build.Summary of changes for Build 509
since 508 (Jan 15 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 508
- Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
- Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
- Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
- Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
- Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
- Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.
- Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
- Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
- Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
- Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
- Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
since 507 (Dec 22 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 507
- Fixed: Songs might not load with tone and reverb settings.
- Fixed: Rendering Video RealTracks would fail if Windows was not set to an English locale.
- Fixed: exception in StylePicker routine to find similar styles (menu [Action] mark as prototype command).
- Fixed: Tracks that have video available are not labeled with "[V]" unless "Auto-Generate Track Labels" is enabled.
- Fixed: The Help button in the Save ABC notation dialog did not work.
- Updated: Artist bios.
since 506 (Dec 18 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 506
- Fixed: Using File | Open to open an audio file would not load the audio file.
- Fixed: The audio track was not being included in rendered videos.
- Fixed: When using the "One file per track" setting in the Render dialog, each track's file is not named properly.
- Fixed: If video rendering failed, the process would not stop and there was no error message.
- Fixed: It was not possible to cancel video rendering.
- Fixed: Repeats/endings were not implemented for XML and ABC notation.
- Fixed: Saving XML file with 3 divisions per notation beat could result in rests on the wrong clef.
- Fixed: Playing a demo in the RealTracks Picker might cause an access violation.
- Added: Style Demos from Third Party Sources, or for any UserCreated style now found if placed in Demos\MIDI Style Demos\ folder.
- Fixed: Playing a demo in the RealTracks Picker might cause an access violation.
- Fixed: The StylePicker was not finding demos in "Drums - Demos".
- Improved: Background Vocals RealTracks.
since 505 (Dec 13 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 505
- Fixed: Deleting a region of chords would cause "Undo Delete Bars" to appear in the Edit menu, but do nothing unless chosen twice.
- Fixed: Sometimes when deleting a note in the notation window, you will be asked "OK to delete chord".
- Fixed: "K3" did not work in the chord sheet for copying 3 bars (8 bars would be copied instead).
- Fixed: The "Show Flash Tips" setting did not have any effect when disabled.
- Fixed: Flash messages were not being added to the flash message log.
- Fixed: Error "Input and output sample rates must match" might show when the devices do have matching sample rates.
- Added: "Export Song as Audio File..." menu item has been added to the Audio menu.
- Fixed: Rendering .m4a or video files might fail and request that the user install QuickTime if using Windows 7. QuickTime should only be necessary for Windows Vista or XP.
- Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box was in DAW Plugin mode while exiting, the window size was not restored the next time opening the program.
- Fixed: When exiting DAW Plugin mode, the window would not return to its previous size (it would become maximized).
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box will not open using the proper window size if the Mixer window was open while exiting.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box always opens with a maximized window briefly before resizing to the user's saved size.
- Fixed: Some of the Oohs and Aahs (Vocal) RealTracks were not working correctly, and they have been greatly improved.
- Updated: Various improvements (including Db offset adjustments) to many of the new STY files and .SGU demos included with RealTracks Sets 278-300.
- Added: New styles (STY files) for many of the new RealTracks in Sets 278-300 and MIDI SuperTracks sets 25-27.
- Added: StylePicker User Categories updated for Xtra Styles PAK 4.
- Added: BB2018 tutorials folder.
- Updated: Styles database
- Fixed: WashboardBluegrass drums.
since 504 (Dec 7 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 504
- Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
- Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
- Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
- Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
- Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
- Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
- Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
- Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
- Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
- Updated: Help file and manuals.
- Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.
since 503 (Dec 1 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 503
- Updated: Help file and Manuals.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Save ABC notation dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the RealDrums Quick dialog.
- Added: A Quality selector has been added to the Render to Audio File dialog. This lets you select a bit rate for compressed audio types (M4A, MP3, WMA).
- Fixed: Clicking on flash messages should not deactivate the main window.
- Fixed: Green flash messages would sometimes not perform any action when clicked on, or perform the wrong action.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash if opening an ABC notation file that is not properly formatted.
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - improved behaviour of the Clear button
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - spelling of some subgenres fixed
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - 100 song titles added, total now 10,306
- Fixed: StylePicker - using mixer menu to customize style now filters according to selected style, not song's style
- Fixed: StylePicker - Save As Style feature improved
- Fixed: StylePicker - Generate button removed from Best Soloists dialog if launched from the StylePicker
- Fixed: RealDrums and RealDrums QuickList - some demos were not playing variations.
- Fixed: Sometimes loss of RealTracks folder locations.
- Fixed: What addons dialog not showing MIDI Soloists correctly.
(since 501) (Nov 29 2017):
- Fixed: Converting to WMA would create a truncated file (too short).
- Fixed: Videos & M4A files might have a pop noise at the beginning and end.
- Improved: Better MP3 suport for Windows 7 and Windows XP.
- Fixed: The Title Generator would not launch.
- Added: Menu item for opening ABC notation files has been added to the File > Open Special menu.
- Fixed: There were no hints in the Audio Harmony dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Generate Video dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
- Added. Help button has been added to the Windows Audio Session devices dialog.
- Fixed: "Display warnings for detected audio stuttering" check box in the Audio Settings dialog should only be visible when using MME audio drivers.
- Fixed: Converting to MP3, M4A, or WMA might fail if using older versions of Windows.
- Fixed: Various errors when trying to convert to MP3 on older versions of Windows, such as "Problem interpreting Input.txt, quitting."
- Fixed: If rendering to "WMA (lossless)", the output file would not be lossless.
- Fixed: No error message was shown if failing to convert audio to MP3, M4A, or WMA.
- Fixed: Batch feature was missing from the Render to Audio File dialog.
- Fixed: Rendering video might fail (freeze at finalizing stage) for various layouts.
- Fixed: Trying to render Video RealTracks would fail if the RealTracks were set to Direct Input mode.
- Fixed: The New Features menu was showing 2017 new features.
- Fixed: The PDF manuals would not launch.
- Added: "Open abc Notation music file" menu item is added to the file open menu.
Edited by Andrew - PG Music (01/15/18 06:39 PM)
PG Music Inc.
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts
Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus
There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!
Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®
Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...
The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature
If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!
Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!
Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.
Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!
Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!
Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)
We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.
Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist
Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!
Here's some of the amazing feedback we've received lately, from program users just like you!
Arthritic fingers means I find it very difficult to play anything. This program is amazing - and it does use real musicians!
The power of this program is just unbelievable! It's been a best kept secret for a couple of decades now. A song writer's dream!
This band can practice any time of day ...LOL
Band-in-a-Box works so simple you could teach a child to do it within minutes - the RealTracks are amazing. Doing an album as we speak. I challenge you to give it a try. I am 60 years old and even though I've played 50 years, I am no engineer. But as a song writer I needed some effective tools to create quality production of my work. This is IT! It's as easy as typing and filling in the blanks. The instructional videos allow you to change settings while watching the pro. I myself purchased every "RealTrack" I could get... Take it from me, don't let this overwhelm you. It is absolutely a writer and solo artist dream!
Best part of Band-in-a-Box is that it saves me having to program drums, the Real Drummer part of the software is brilliant and natural sounding. I then layer real instruments with guys from my band. As a songwriter, Band-in-a-Box has saved me so much time it's ridiculous.
Incredible Software. Great for ignorance and experts and for anyone who wants to deal with music. If you do not have a hobby and want to have one "Band-in-a-Box" is the best choice. Simple, but if you want to be an expert on it, you need to make an effort to master it perfectly for perfect use. The only disadvantage is if you do not want to become a musician, and use it, you will become a perfect musician. Therefore, be cautious. It's not a toy. ;)
Been a BIAB man since '92, such a comprehensive source for music making! So much more to offer than "loops", it allows actual music composition to be realized. Evolve from harmonic ignorance and find out what REAL music is made of!
A must for any musician who wants to improve on his own, or to share his musical ideas in a professional high quality rendition.. You just play with the best musicians and that's great ♪ :)
I use Band in a Box all the time. I couldn't be more pleased. It's easy to use and it sounds super-big time!
An excellent tool for generating backing tracks. Saves me hours of MIDI programming. Combines the best of MIDI and live audio samples.
Video Help - My Band-in-a-Box® Won't Open!
Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM