Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
dcuny #452584 01/21/18 03:01 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Very, very nice. The arrangement feels organic, tailored for the song. The balance between the instruments and the vocals is great. Your voice is pleasant, and a perfect match for the arrangement and lyrics.

The held strum on the introduction is very effective, as are the other flourishes you've put in the song. Your little asymmetric Noel-isms come out smooth and natural.

I like the chord changes going into "blue for us/true for us", and that rhyme works really well. Plus, it distracts me from the fact that you already used it at the beginning of the verse. wink

David,

Thanks for taking time to be analytical. As always, I found your insight informative and valuable. You have quite a knack for analysis plus you're also really good at explaining your thinking. Reading what you write always gets my brain travelling along pathways that would never occur to me. Thank you for that.

Regarding the repetition of 'for us' in lines 1, 3 and 4... I've recently been reading some articles on terms of rhetoric and literary devices and this particular one is called "epistrophe". It's where phrases or clauses end in the same word or words and it is a technique that is sometimes used to create emphasis. I've never purposefully done this before so it was a bit of an experiment in this song. To be honest, I think I find anaphora more useful and comfortable to work with than epistrophe.

Again, thank you for taking the time.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #452635 01/21/18 08:22 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Wonderful tribute to Al and Di!

I love your choice of realtracks and your arrangement. It blends smoothly with the lyrics and together they make for a beautiful song.

It's always good to see a new song posted by you and I enjoy and appreciate the stories behind the inspiration. You are always so generous with your comments and time. You make this community all the more engaging and warm.

Noel96 #452638 01/21/18 08:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

This is beautiful. A beautiful tribute to beautiful forum friends.

A lovely write. I especially like the "knock knock knock" - most folks would not think to do that. The melody is extraordinary - going places that surprised me at ever turn.

The production is super. Those acoustics sound SO good. Excellent mix - everything sits well. A delightfully "relaxed" vocal. So nice!

fj

RichMac #452673 01/21/18 11:19 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Beautiful lyrics and presentation.
Your voice suits the song also Noel.
Great sentiments.
Cheers.

Richard,

It's always a pleasure to see that you've visited. Thank you for your support. Much appreciated.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #452677 01/21/18 11:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
I've never purposefully done this before so it was a bit of an experiment in this song.

Given that you wrote it, I figured that nothing was left to chance. smile

I really did like the repetition in the phrase, and it wasn't until I went to cut and paste it that I noticed you used it at the start of the verse.

So I've filed it away as a useful tool in case I get stuck in the future.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
dcuny #452692 01/21/18 11:59 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I've never purposefully done this before so it was a bit of an experiment in this song.

Given that you wrote it, I figured that nothing was left to chance. smile

I really did like the repetition in the phrase, and it wasn't until I went to cut and paste it that I noticed you used it at the start of the verse.

So I've filed it away as a useful tool in case I get stuck in the future.

David,

Just in case you're interested, here is a really comprehensive list of literary terms and rhetorical devices.

https://www.litcharts.com/literary-devices-and-terms

I periodically read through lists like this to give me some inspiration and also to give me some techniques that I can experiment with in lyrics.

For example: Three or four years ago I read about 'foreshadowing'. Since my education was 100% science based, I'd never come across this term before. But after reading more about the concept, it occurred to me that lyrics can be strengthened if a chorus in a verse-chorus song has some degree of foreshadowing.

As a consequence of writing the above, I've put together a brief article in the Songwriting forum about how I use foreshadowing in a chorus. If you're interested, the article is at the below link.

Article on foreshadowing

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #452703 01/21/18 12:31 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a great song Noel! Just like the title, it is "Beautiful" as well as the thought behind the composition! There is a ton of feeling exuding from this that just reaches out and grabs the listeners heart! Wonderful job! Thanks, Torrey

Noel96 #452718 01/21/18 01:26 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Since my education was 100% science based, I'd never come across this term [forshadowing] before.

Wow, that really is a 100% science education. sick

When I was a kid, I wanted to be either be a writer like Ray Bradbury or an animator like Ray Harryhausen.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the talent to do either, but I have a couple Super 8 reels of Plasticine characters rolling and melting (because walking is hard to animate), as well as a couple of not very good short stories.

Which is just a long way of saysing, yes, Chekov's gun is a familiar device. smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Rob4580 #452801 01/22/18 01:39 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hi Noel. This sentimental song has a wonderful delicate melody.
Most enjoyable mate. Rob

Thanks Rob. Appreciate your listen and comment.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #452817 01/22/18 03:36 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel, This is an amazing tribute ti Alan and Di. Exquisite production and sung with the perfect amount of expression and emotion. The arrangement is top notch with the holds and mix can't be topped. I love the chord choices. In a word - Fantastic, Tom

furry #452956 01/22/18 01:51 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: furry
Noel that's simply brilliant thanks for sharing

Hi Graham,

That you for getting the chance to have a listen. I appreciate the feedback.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
rsdean #453047 01/23/18 02:26 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Noel,

Another stunning presentation... Great all around!

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for visiting the thread. I always smile when I see your name appear. Appreciateit.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #453109 01/23/18 06:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Robert used the word "elegant" in describing your song.

We would add "classy" to that. Our collaboration with you, our conversations and ALL of your productions have been an inspiration to the two of us. And So Beautiful continues the trend in a most lovely manner.

The lyric, the melody and your vocal have a symbiosis which very few artists can match.

And we often voice our love of productions that work with a small number of tracks. This is a GREAT example of that.

Simply outstanding.

J&B

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I read that post from Alan too back then, and also watched the videos.

Nice that it inspired you to write such a lovely song!

Really enjoyed this one Noel, well done smile

Hey Dave,

Good to see you. Thank you for taking time to visit Soundcloud and listen. I appreciate comments.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #453299 01/23/18 10:22 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Noel

Simple but very beautiful song.
The acoustic arrangement really fits this tune.
I love very much the chord progression at end of the bridge.
Your vocal is very pleasant.
I think this tune is a little short.
I thought that it would be nice to repeat the bridge and the last clause after adding an interlude.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

ROG #453320 01/24/18 01:55 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Noel,

A fabulous song with wonderful lyrics, a super professional arrangement and a perfect mix.

This has to be your best vocal performance ever.

I sat and listened to it spellbound.

ROG.

ROG,

I'm really thankful for all the support that you've give my growing songwriting and song-producing over the years. Thank you once again for taking time to listen and to comment. I sincerely appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #453396 01/24/18 09:20 AM
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear "Noel96"...

The title of your song, is what your song is. You sing of a kind of love that makes the lover feel that his feelings for the loved one are one with his experience of the natural world, such as the warmth of the sun, the radiance of which is as palpable as the emotion that pours forth from his (your) heart. Your lyrics are as elemental -- and powerful -- in their simplicity as the blue of the sky you sing about.

By taking your inspiration for your song from the created world, you could be singing as much about God, as you could be singing about another human being who is on the receiving end of what seems to be your personal, and immense capacity to share yourself, your whole being, with another being...and isn't that what "love" is all about -- sharing?

Your music has the effect of making time stand still.

Reveling in the peace you bring,

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
jannesan #453466 01/24/18 03:50 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
It is always pleasure to hear your new songs, they are always so positive, beautifully arranged with excellent vocals. This one is no exception, everything works perfectly, song that is "so beautiful, so remarkable the sunshine that makes my day". Your comments to other forum members' songs reflect also the same positivity that your songs. I feel I'm blessed to be part of this community where it is possible receive such a positive feedback and also get inspiration to songs from other members, like you have got here. Thanks Noel for sharing your new masterpiece and the story behind it smile

Janne

Janne,

I don't know what to say smile I really appreciate all your very kind and encouraging words. You've really taken me by surprise!

The great thing about this community is that the users here realise that each song that's posted is important to the person who posted it and that that person has done the very best he or she knows how to get the best possible result they can.... they are proud of their work, they want to share it with others and they feel that this community will support them.

I remember when Users Showcase first started out. It's certainly grown over the years to become an awesome little corner of the internet smile

Thank you for taking the time to have a listen and to write such supportive words. I am incredibly thankful.

May good things come your way as Finland starts to warm up a bit for Spring!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #453502 01/24/18 10:00 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Noel,

This one gave me real goosebumps man. Just awesome--and beautiful.

I could blabber and go on and on, but really this one just seems to come straight from the heart and is so pure, it is really what music is all about.

The music and the phrasing reminds me of the best of Cat Stevens. It's hard to know what to say except that it is just so simple and so perfect.

Well done sir!!!

David,

Thank you for the goosebumps! I can't recall that my music has ever done that to anyone before. Maybe it was measles or chicken pox. I hope they've settled down now smile Above everything else, though, I continue to be thankful for your support. I sincerely appreciate it!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #453515 01/25/18 01:41 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Me once again,

This is just so cool! You have made an indelible impression in our minds. We can't thank you enough!

And thanks to all the others with their kind comments about both the song and Di and me. God bless you all.

Alan & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,493
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195