Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#454259 - 01/28/18 03:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Incredible - this is astonishing smile Simply put, this is a beautiful song. The way the instruments and those vocals work together is flawless. It sounds sincere and heartfelt. And even though it is slightly unconventional, I love the drums you chose here! The stomping sort of groove help bring the whole thing together.

You guys outdid yourself - thanks for sharing!

Thanks man. We much appreciate every word of that! And extra thanks for mentioning the percussion - we had hoped that would work out.
And, yep, floyd really polished the sound with his harmony.

J&B
J&B Website

#454308 - 01/28/18 06:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: David Snyder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is great. Very powerful.

Great job people.

Makes me want to write a song called Captain Midnight now.

Oh wait, already did that.

wink

Hahahaha! Yeah you did.

Thanks!

J&B
J&B Website

#454319 - 01/28/18 09:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Sorry guys, slow off the mark on this one. As always very thoughtful and powerful. Perfect vocals and a great story line. Production A+.
Rob

#454518 - 01/29/18 05:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Belladonna]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Loved the emotion and the message of the song. Great imagery. Well done compilation.

Thank you!

J&B
J&B Website

#454724 - 01/30/18 01:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Dramatic song about a dramatic event.
There's a lot of emotion in this song which has perfect percussion in the arrangement.
Great vocals by Janice as always and we also love Floyd's vocal contribution on this!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#454789 - 01/30/18 08:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
great song, love the arrangement, hand claps etc.

nice job from everyone involved

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

#454858 - 01/31/18 06:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: VideoTrack]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Wow, what an excellent delivery. The mix is absolutely perfect.

This tells the story just so well.

Another top effort to the collaboration team. Well done.

Thanks. Glad you felt it told the story well. We worked hard on that!
J&B Website

#454880 - 01/31/18 08:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Very thought provoking and well written song, nice one guys

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#455017 - 01/31/18 11:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Truth is always stranger than fiction and songs of truth more powerful than lies.
Cool.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#455169 - 02/01/18 02:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Scott C]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
This is just an awesome piece of music. I like to read the lyrics before I listen to the song. IT helps me relate to the music. What a beautiful tribute to such a horrible event. I was lucky enough to spend some time in Puerto Rico. The memory I took home was such a beautiful place and such beautiful people.. Was so sad to see what happened and how they were left in the dark.

Janice vocal was so clear and heartfelt. The new mix tools you got for Christmas :-) and you skill at mixing left a professionally lever master song. The sound was so pure. All the instruments and harmonies were blended so well and identifiable. You, Janice and Floyd set the bar high on this one. Well done

Thank you Scott. I wish while writing this that we had the benefit your perspective of having visited there. Thanks for mentioning the mix. This one was a challenge and i do feel like my new Izotope toys helped the process a lot.

We most appreciate all of your comments!

J&B
J&B Website

#455390 - 02/03/18 05:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: dcuny]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Just stunning! Everything about this is so well done. Even the "beats". smile

The video really works with the song. Such a devastating event. Prayers continue to go up for all the victims.

Thanks so much for sharing this one. Great work by all involved in this very impressive collab!

Steve

Steve, we all appreciate your positive and supportive comments. Glad you liked the beats and the vid!

Thanks for listening and watching.

J&B

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Well, everything has already been said by now.

Not a "pretty" song, but definitely fitting the feel of the subject.

Thanks! We’re happy that it worked for you.

J&B
J&B Website

#455434 - 02/03/18 09:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Janice & Bud]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi really excellent work vocal mix instruments arrangement just awesome thanks eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows pro 64 bit operating System sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal

#455512 - 02/03/18 06:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: animarorecords]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Janice & Bud, floyd,

Regarding Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, it was reported in detail also in Japan at that time. Since Japan is also a natural disaster-rich country, we cannot think like a very different incident.
Recently it has been reported that further misfortune may await the Puerto Ricans in the United States due to President Trump's policy. (Immigration policy is a very delicate matter, so I will withhold any opinion on this.)
And the video at that time was also aired again.
When you pick up such a miserable theme, you can express it extremely well by song.
I can see well that the tradition of folk songs is stuck to the corners of your bodies and souls.
Janice's vocal completely fits this tune.
The cajon is very effective.
Your performance and video were very impressive.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you Shigeki. And yes we did feel deeply about this song. Also we are glad you liked the vocal, the percussion and the video.

We appreciate it!

J&B
J&B Website

#455556 - 02/04/18 06:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Suburban Stucco Tract House - ...
Ian Ferrin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Suburban Stucco Tract House - ...
Really good tune guys. I generally avoid tunes from the news cause it's hard to separate the emotion and sympathy from the politics. I like that you kept the story mostly 'small'. I don't really like line 3 of V3 lyrically because it preaches and that's always the temptation with these sorts of songs.

I really like the arrangement and feel. You kept me interested thru the whole song.

One thing I'd like to hear more of is that bowed bass. It seems kind of buried. Maybe take just a hair of the very low end of off that sound so you can bump the overall volume up a bit.

Overall though, I really like this tune. Very nice job.

Peace,

Ian

#455669 - 02/04/18 06:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: Al-David]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
When two of the best performing acts on the forum team up - this is what happens. Powerful - poignant - a lesson in collaborative writing and producing. There are some amazing compositions and performances on the forum right now (as usual) - this one ranks right up there among the very best.

Alan

Thanks Al. When we read something like this it makes the time and effort all worthwhile. We appreciate your support.

J&B
J&B Website

#455880 - 02/05/18 06:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gruverider
A beautiful tribute to a tragic event. Nobody can hold nature back.

Every level of this song and recording are top shelf! Heartfelt delivery of pensive and melancholy lyrics. All captured by a well crafted arrangement and spot on mix.

Well done all!

Lawrence, that means so much to us. We are your biggest fans and to have you say that is very special.

Thank you.

J&B
J&B Website

#456082 - 02/06/18 06:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: RnAM]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: cliftond
That is a beautiful song, you guys put the right touch to it, production, vocals all so good!!!

Thanks for the kind remarks. They are appreciated!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Sorry guys, slow off the mark on this one. As always very thoughtful and powerful. Perfect vocals and a great story line. Production A+.
Rob

Thanks Rob. Appreciate you mentioning the production!

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Dramatic song about a dramatic event.
There's a lot of emotion in this song which has perfect percussion in the arrangement.
Great vocals by Janice as always and we also love Floyd's vocal contribution on this!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks to both of you. Glad you noticed the emotion that went into it and a big thanks for mentioning the percussion!

J&B
J&B Website

#456237 - 02/07/18 09:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: 44kfl]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
great song, love the arrangement, hand claps etc.

nice job from everyone involved

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

Thanks for listening Kenny!

J&B
J&B Website

#456399 - 02/08/18 05:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: rayc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: furry
Very thought provoking and well written song, nice one guys

Originally Posted By: rayc
Truth is always stranger than fiction and songs of truth more powerful than lies.
Cool.

Thanks y’all for listen and commenting. We appreciate your support!

J&B
J&B Website

#456592 - 02/09/18 06:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Maria Blue (a floyd jane collaboration) [Re: F.M.M.]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi really excellent work vocal mix instruments arrangement just awesome thanks eric

Thanks Eric!
J&B Website

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 613 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 613 is available!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Exporting MP3 files would fail if using the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, and Windows 7 or earlier.
Fixed: Some audio export error messages were blank.
Fixed: The 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box was not working with jBridge for loading 32 bit VST plugins.
Fixed: If using the Lyric Document window, there will be an access violation when saving the song (64 bit only).
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would freeze when rendering to audio if there was no default synth selected, and "Use DXi/VSTi Snth" was enabled.
Fixed: The 64 bit version should use "MaxPluginsToScan64.txt" instead of sharing "MaxPluginsToScan.txt" with the 32 bit version

This patch will update Band-in-a-Box® 2019 to Build 613 from any previous 2019 build.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows® Download and Installation Tutorial

If you've purchased Band-in-a-Box® and want to download it to get started right away - make sure you check out our latest video for assistance! Click here to watch...

RealBand® 2019 New Features Video!

Learn more about the new RealBand® 2019 features with our RealBand® 2019 New Features Overview Video: Click here...

RealBand® is included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 612 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 612 is available!

It includes the DAW Plugin patch too!!!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Songs would not load or save VST data if larger than 1 megabyte, displaying flash message error "VST/FX data is too large to save".
Fixed: It was not possible to use the N key while entering note based lyrics in the Notation window.
Fixed: Recorded MIDI would be erased if also recording audio.
Fixed: The MIDI Driver dialog would not show the selected VSTi or DXi synth after choosing one in the Plugins window.
Updated: PDF and help file documentation.

Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.9.28 fixes:
There are lots of significant fixes and additions in this patch, especially related to some single track operations not working.

Fixed: Right-clicking generate bass track generated all individual tracks
Fixed: StylePicker, RealTracks Picker, and other style and instrument selection windows would sometimes open behind the main window, requiring you to alt+tab to see them.
Fixed: Loading demo from StylePicker or loading a song when a special track was already present sometimes added an extra RealTracks (special track) to page 2
Fixed: Output directory error.
Fixed: BBW sometimes not receiving message when run as administrator. This would cause some actions to hang or not work at all.
Fixed: Skip grey bars when moving selector through chordsheet.
Fixed: Dragging tracks into Reason would sometimes give a 'Not found' error message.
Fixed: AAX Plugin was not being recognized by Pro Tools.
Fixed: Problem scrolling chord table when crossing PartMarker during highlight.
Fixed: Repaint problem in Reason (possibly other DAWs).
Fixed: Some opened BB songs with realcharts on a frozen track would cause an access violation.
Added: Detailed log file written in BB Data folder bbw4exe_pluginLog.txt.
Fixed: Generation of single tracks would hang the program if the bb folder contained the file MaxPluginsToScan.txt containing Max=0. This file should not normally be present except in rare cases where a DX plugin scan failed.
Added: VST2 FX 32-bit version.
Improved: Installer has options for installing all plugin types. All files are now digitally signed.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in PreSonus® Studio One®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in PreSonus® Studio One® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Reason®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Reason® - Watch now...

Forum Stats
28745 Members
60 Forums
56308 Topics
469244 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rbrusme@gmail.co, rayanic, Gold top std., graham195, jpk

28744 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 364
Noel96 312