Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
HTL,

You've done a magnificent job with this. The energy coming out my speakers was enough power a small town! What can I say? Everything about this was confident, competent and really, really well put together.

Your take on these lyrics took me completely by surprise in a great way!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'll keep it short and to the point. I've N-E-V-E-R heard a power rock song I like more than this one. And I mean that totally. In my 71 years - this is best! Terrific production and performance. - WOW!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Raaaaaaaahhh!!!!!!!!!

You been holding out on us HTL.

Not so much. Just a busy life, and write A LOT already for work.

I also don't hear much of the kinds of stuff I write on the forum. You've given me hope wink

Quote:
This sounds awesome!

Thanks! That's great to hear. smile

Quote:
Man, I took off my Elvis suit and I was buck naked when I listened to this, eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich dropping crumbs all over my stomach while I was nodding my head to this crushing tune.

Just wanted to leave you with that.

HA! HA! HA! Elvis is alive and well, I see.

I remember you saying how "Buck Naked" was your adult film star name before being saved. Good for you!

By the way, no need to live stream your listening experiences. The typed word suffices for me wink

Quote:

Rock on! LOL Thanks again for the laughs. I love humor.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man.... my FAVORITE version of this.

That is so cool, and love the production tricks you use..... EQ might be a pain, but hey, it's reasonably done. I'll bet this rocks with a wave on a studio system with a sub don't ya know!!

Did you use Glitch?

Well done. Yep... I like this.

edit: I'll bet JC never saw THIS one coming.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 01/25/18 04:24 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
We had to shove the sub back against the wall three times. If this had a piano in it you could’ve set it on fire and walked off the stage.

Spector never really knew what a wall of sound was. At least not what just got thrown at us. No earbuds, no monitors for this. We cranked the Polks and the sub way up for the full experience.

The performances on vocals and drums oughta rattle the forum to the core. We need more like this. Three cups of joe and then this...whew!

Hey, no genre worries...good music is good music

Janice said she could visualize Steve Jordan’s motions on the drums. Not the same style but he has a great look when playing.

More! Re this style Bud is likely your oldest fan smile

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Definitely the most interesting version of the paradox, really grunge song smile Powerful mix, nothing disturbs me, difficult to believe you can create this heavy sound by using BIAB real tracks. I like the ending effect. Rocking vocals, with a bit of Dave Grohl.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Caaron,

SPECTACULAR!

All the above accolades are warranted and deserved. EQ problems?..eh..NO, none at all!

A truly EXCELLENT use of these lyrics. None better. They work as "metal lyrics" - like that was meant to be. Zowie.

As far as I can tell, you never specifically said that the vocal is you? It is INCREDIBLY GOOD! Off-the-charts-good. A voice meant for ROCK!! I listened a number of times JUST to key on IT. (I listened other times to key on other aspects - each deserving it's "own listen").

AWESOME drums! (They definitely got their own listen). Solid. You can't do that type drumming and "get away with sloppy". Tight as *@#*^@#(!!! Dang. (I do think Nickelback's drums are mixed just a smidge louder smile just a smidge). Truly. Awe. Inspiring. (That has GOT to be exhausting!!!)

Great use of the BAND! Without a doubt the best metal we have ever heard. Even without spending a bunch of time on the getting-picky-with-the-lead, it fits perfectly.

Great mix. Cranked as loud as possible this sounds great. Metal with Warmth. That can't be easy to accomplish.

What a treat. The "break" at 2:01 was crazy good!

Please do A WHOLE LOT MORE!!!

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Killer!!! Workin it on the intro. Man you can play! Grohl got nuthin on you. Super rock vocal and the vinyl scratches and vocal effects as well as the shutdown at end are all nice touches. You best keep on posting or a lot of us will be disappointed. Very impressive, Tom

Dang Tom, you have no idea how much that means coming from you!

Gotta love Grohl. The intro was fun to play. Originally I was doing straight 16ths on the kicks, but "the kids" now play more varied patterns.

Thanks for noticing all that you did. I am constantly in awe of your productions; so your comments are much appreciated!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Look what they’ve done to my song, mum. Look what they’ve done to my song! This was supposed to be a love song!!!. I am (of course) only joking. You took these lyrics and interpreted them in exactly your own way. Which is a exactly what they were there for!

The song is absolutely amazing Caaron. Those vocals are just right out of the park. Unbelievable that this was done with band in a box. As for “lack of EQ”? It is just like I always suspected...that these realtracks are so beautifully recorded and produced that they don’t need much from us at all!

A truly unique and paradoxical take. Well done. Stand back Nickleback.

Last edited by JoanneCooper; 01/25/18 07:52 PM.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
So glad my tylenol had kicked in before pressing "play"

Ha! THAT was funny.

Quote:
... and I really enjoyed this!
Brilliant intro and close - one of the most inventive I`ve heard on the forum.Very good high energy vocal too.

Thank you very much. That's very kind of you to say.

Quote:
A most heavy Paradox.

Indeed wink Thanks for giving it a listen. smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
HTL,

That was an AWESOME surprise! Loved it from start to finish - what a sound!

Bob

Thanks Bob! I always enjoy your work, so I appreciate the listen and comments. smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
WOW that was GREAT!!!! I have to wonder if you are pulling our leg with all the EQ talk! I listened with earbuds but it still sounded fantastic to me. The vocals on this are awesome!!

No pulling of legs going on here. If you're feeling that, you might want to check to see what's causing it! wink

I think I only used 3 forms of eq on this. 1-Was a telephone effect on a few of the vocal phrases, 2-was the tape stop effect, which changed the EQ, and last I added a multiband compressor...the bands being eq of course.

I did NO eq to the vocals, reverb, delay, or instruments (real tracks and slate drums). I'm surprised it had the clarity it did. I mean, I would LOVE to have a better mix, but wanted to post it.

Quote:
Sure it's different, but variety is the spice of life and you put out an awesome version of this tune here! Thanks, Torrey

Agreed Torrey...I've always love that name BTW. It was different for me as well.

Thanks much!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
HTL,

It has been my experience (and a painful learning process) that with some of the real tracks that already have effects (the non DI ones) it is sometimes best to just leave them alone, or you can make them sound metallic or watery real fast.

When I do my OWN parts I EQ them but have learned to be gentle.

I thought the sound was great and had a wonderful dynamic range. Dynamic range is everything. I have a dynamic range meter going all the time when I am mixing (not even to master stage yet) and if I see a certain plug in on a certain track is squashing the dynamic range I take it the heck out.

Perhaps some of the magic of your tune in the robustness of the mix may have something to do with the fact that you left well enough alone and DIDN'T fiddle too much.

But heck, what do I know, I'm just an old peanut butter and banana sandwich eatin' country boy from Memphis with 1000 gold records, long sideburns, a beautiful wife and a Colonel.

Peace out man.

--The King

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Jeez what a cool version of the song. I like to read all the comments before listening to the song. Got a chuckle out off Davids animated gif. Super backtrack and excellent vocal. Joanne must be so pleased with all the different version of her lyrics...

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
A true paradox. Excellent performance, arrangement and mix...

Enjoyed this

Charlie

I felt the same way! LOL Thanks so much Charlie. smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah!!! I love this! Great, heavy sound, killer arrangement (love that breakdown at 2:06).

Love the vocal, and killer job on the drums!

Well done.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate your comments a lot smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is what my version of the song wants to be when it grows up.

...and I had no idea you were using a record spin effect either!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Nice take on it. I am not a power rock/pop kind of guy but I am schooled enough to know when it's a good performance. Good job on this.

Hey Eddie, I NEVER doubt your knowledge of music, so compliment from you means something. Thanks much for taking a listen and taking the time to comment. Much appreciation.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is kick @ss fantastic! A completely different version that I never saw coming. Everything about this is top shelf!

This is a keeper for sure.

Thanks so much Mario! I always enjoy listening to your songs. I often get lost in how cool they are because they are different than most of what I hear. To be able to return that favor, in even a small way, has me feeling pretty d#$% good.

Quote:
PS - don't give us anymore BS about your lack of mixing and EQing skills. We now know better.

Oh, trust me, there wasn't much done AT ALL on this. It would be embarrassing if I were to show you how little I did! NO BS. I don't even "wish" I was better at it. I really don't like that side of music. I appreciate it BIG TIME, but hit "mute" on wanting to do that YEARS ago. I've come to accept, that ain't ma thang.

Thanks for the listen and comments!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, HearToLearn

It's a really cool hard rock.
I see the appearance like David's posted photo.
I am very surprised at the heavily difference with my version (“The Paradox Of You” 6th version).
Heavy sound, typical hard rock killer arrangement!
Excellent performance!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and comment! I have to say, I think it's pretty amazing to think the number of countries our songs are listened to in on this forum. The world keeps get smaller in some great ways!

Thanks you again for the listen and compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed it! smile

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195