Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Very cool rock version of this song. The production is very well done and vocals sound amazing. Awesome!

Samuel Davis Jr
BIAB 2018 + Cubase + Ignite
BMI

www.sammycountry.com
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Wow!! A really different take on this song. Excellent.

Thank you very much! That's very kind of you to say smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
HTL,

You've done a magnificent job with this. The energy coming out my speakers was enough power a small town! What can I say? Everything about this was confident, competent and really, really well put together.

I had to laugh with this comment. I'm from a small town...well, village. Something about your comment really made me feel like I hit what I was going for!

Thank you for the kind compliments. I know you REALLY know a lot of what I was going for, so I'm feeling pretty good right now wink

Quote:
Your take on these lyrics took me completely by surprise in a great way!

No kidding? That makes me feels awesome! I noticed in reading several peoples lyrics prior to listening to their song (not just this song) I frequently phrase things differently than they do. That was what this entire exercise was for me. That you made this specific comment blows my mind...in a great way smile It means a TON coming from someone who studies lyrics as much, maybe more, than I do! THANK YOU! smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
I'll keep it short and to the point. I've N-E-V-E-R heard a power rock song I like more than this one. And I mean that totally. In my 71 years - this is best! Terrific production and performance. - WOW!

Alan

Seriously? WOW is right! What a compliment! Thank you so VERY much! What a great thing to say!

Thank you Alan! smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Man.... my FAVORITE version of this.

Whoa...THANK YOU! I totally respect what you do on the forums musically and to help out. I very much appreciate your comment.

Quote:
That is so cool, and love the production tricks you use..... EQ might be a pain, but hey, it's reasonably done. I'll bet this rocks with a wave on a studio system with a sub don't ya know!!

Thanks. EQ is not my friend. But I have a friend who is friends with it. Maybe I will call him wink

Quote:
Did you use Glitch?

I know of and have used Glitch, but didn't use it on this. I did a combination of a turn table effect, followed by volume slicing, and finally distortion.

The only other thing I did was to take the snare hit from the front, copy it, reverse it, and use that to have it come back into the final chorus.

Quote:
Well done. Yep... I like this.

Means a lot. Thanks! smile

Quote:
edit: I'll bet JC never saw THIS one coming.

I have wondered if this is how she heard it in her head wink lol

User Showcase
M
Journeyman
Journeyman
M
Oh YES, this really rocks! Great vocals and drumming!

…and when the cover version blows new life to the original, well,… then it's worth listening!!! ;-)

MacUser!
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow - what a tune! Your rendition of this is spot on. It's incredibly unique to hear something like this on the showcase here. You really did an outstanding job. The vocal performance is great, the arrangement is great, the mixing is great - not a thing I'd change here.

Fantastic job, and thanks so much for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
So there is a bit or irony in a decision I made. Roughly a year ago we started this little challenge with I had a blast participating in. I really felt a sense of comradery that I personally had experienced here before. THANK YOU to Joanne Cooper for supply us the lyrics to work with...and so fast!

Anyway, something that has bothered me for a while was I sort of dropped off and had very limited ability to respond to the comments that were made. With what was going on, serious health issues, it sort of took a back seat. Later I stumbled across the wonderful comments that I hadn't responded to yet...there was also a thread about "bumping" that made me hesitant.

I decided that this really isn't about me; or my treatment of the song. It's about saying "thank you" to the people that I REALLY appreciate took the time to comment. So bumping be damned! A year in the making of THANKS!

I just read something in another thread from Bud that light the fire, and appropriately, their response was the first in the line of responses I haven't made yet.

Here we go...bare with me. It will take a few days.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We had to shove the sub back against the wall three times. If this had a piano in it you could’ve set it on fire and walked off the stage.

Ha! That's funny. A bit more than dropping a mic. Is that where the term "had a flare" comes from? wink

Quote:
Spector never really knew what a wall of sound was. At least not what just got thrown at us. No earbuds, no monitors for this. We cranked the Polks and the sub way up for the full experience.

The performances on vocals and drums oughta rattle the forum to the core. We need more like this. Three cups of joe and then this...whew!

More can certainly come; it's more deciding genres and having time. I love to write in all different styles. I joke that when I work out I have ABBA and Avenged Sevenfold that I listen to. Not at the same time of course...but that would explain "me" a bit.

Quote:
Hey, no genre worries...good music is good music

I know you're not a genre-ist. Lol. New word?

Quote:
Janice said she could visualize Steve Jordan’s motions on the drums. Not the same style but he has a great look when playing.

Aw...Steve Jordan. That guy! Man! Talk about confidence at a drum kit. If you heard it; it's because he wanted you to. Every stroke was that way with him. Great player!

Quote:
More! Re this style Bud is likely your oldest fan smile

J&B

Thanks much! I'm not sure about oldest though. My dad is a pretty big fan, and I believe him to be older...however you are MUCH younger at heart.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Sorry the appreciation of those Comments where so long coming.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, I remembered this was good, but I had forgotten how good! One of the best tracks ever posted here IMHO.

User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
My question is...
When will we hear more of your songs????

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Definitely the most interesting version of the paradox, really grunge song smile Powerful mix, nothing disturbs me, difficult to believe you can create this heavy sound by using BIAB real tracks. I like the ending effect. Rocking vocals, with a bit of Dave Grohl.

Janne

Janne, thanks so much for the listen and comments. I think BIAB and RT have many incredible sounds. The fun, I feel, is getting inspiration from combining them in new ways. That sparks new ideas; and it's a whole new world from there.

Again, thanks for the listen. smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, I remembered this was good, but I had forgotten how good! One of the best tracks ever posted here IMHO.

Wow! Thanks Dave. I always am so impressed with your work. Hearing that from you truly means a lot. Thanks for another listen!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
My question is...
When will we hear more of your songs????

You ask a great question Jim! My problem isn't that I don't write. It's the I write, what feels like, all the time...it's just that it's not totally for fun. It's for work.

I am committed to posting some more songs this year. This 1 song every year or 2 isn't enough for me. lol. Floyd Jane has been helping me with a simple way to write songs at pace that works around life.

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence in asking. That's a really great feeling that you would ask.

Thank you!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is some very enjoyable high-octane rock and roll! The mix sound good to me. Excellent pipes.

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
WOW!!!! A rocker among rockers!! Epic!! The vocal......BIIIIG, and GREAAAAT!! Awesome job on this!!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Caaron,

SPECTACULAR!

All the above accolades are warranted and deserved. EQ problems?..eh..NO, none at all!

Thank you FJ. I don't mean to disagree; but it's a tad muddy. I didn't EQ it beyond a 4 band compressor for quick reference. Dropping instruments out at key points so they don't bump into each other would help as would just flat our proper EQ. I don't even know if most people would even hear the synths from the second verse on.

There's work to do there; I'm just not one to do that part of it. lol Thanks though!

Quote:
A truly EXCELLENT use of these lyrics. None better. They work as "metal lyrics" - like that was meant to be. Zowie.

I had to find a rhythm to make them "flow" in the right feel. They were really fun to work with.

Quote:
As far as I can tell, you never specifically said that the vocal is you? It is INCREDIBLY GOOD! Off-the-charts-good. A voice meant for ROCK!! I listened a number of times JUST to key on IT. (I listened other times to key on other aspects - each deserving it's "own listen").

Not me! In fact, had it been me your comment would have read...

"As far as I can tell, you never specifically said that the vocal is you? It's INCREDIBLY BAD! Off-the-charts-bad. A voice meant for SILENCE!!" smile

Quote:
AWESOME drums! (They definitely got their own listen). Solid. You can't do that type drumming and "get away with sloppy". Tight as *@#*^@#(!!! Dang. (I do think Nickelback's drums are mixed just a smidge louder smile just a smidge). Truly. Awe. Inspiring. (That has GOT to be exhausting!!!)

Those are me. I really enjoy doing them. I feel like they change the the feel of the BIAB tracks. It's fun to play around and come up with various parts. Nickelback's are both louder and produced better. That's getting into more than I was willing to do at this point. I keep saying I will; but honestly, it's more than I want to tackle right now.

Quote:
Great use of the BAND! Without a doubt the best metal we have ever heard. Even without spending a bunch of time on the getting-picky-with-the-lead, it fits perfectly.

Great mix. Cranked as loud as possible this sounds great. Metal with Warmth. That can't be easy to accomplish.

I've heard a few numetal sounds I would like to try out; but also don't want to be known as the metal guy around here. I like a lot of different styles and will try a few of those before returning to rock. Very nice of you to say.

Quote:
What a treat. The "break" at 2:01 was crazy good!

I really enjoy production and arranging. To me, and this might be rare, it's plays into the writing of the song, without being lyrics, melody, or harmony. Yet, it shapes the song nearly as much.

Quote:
Please do A WHOLE LOT MORE!!!

No comment. I bet you thought I would ever say that! wink

Quote:
fj

-C

Last edited by HearToLearn; 01/21/19 04:18 PM.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
This is some very enjoyable high-octane rock and roll! The mix sound good to me. Excellent pipes.

Thanks for the listen, compliment, and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!:)

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!!! A rocker among rockers!! Epic!! The vocal......BIIIIG, and GREAAAAT!! Awesome job on this!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks so much Greg. I always enjoy your work, so appreciate the comment. It's people like you that make this forum so great!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Modern metal sounds abound.
As a matter of taste I think the guitars are a little too fizzy. If they've been run through sims that would be the most likely cause.
I think the kit sounds pretty good though the kick drum isn't EQ genre specifically - the flicked aluminium Milo foil thing. I MUCH prefer a kick with more thud & thwack and less click as you've done it.
If you're into arranging then you probably do have an inherent sense about EQ as that's, largely, what arrangement is about - fitting the sounds together. You just need tools that allow you to work intuitively. Reaper's parametric EQ is cool.
Big niose - well done.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Look what they’ve done to my song, mum. Look what they’ve done to my song! This was supposed to be a love song!!!. I am (of course) only joking. You took these lyrics and interpreted them in exactly your own way. Which is a exactly what they were there for!

I'm so glad you said this. Knowing your style having listened to many of your songs and visiting your videos; I would hope you already know I'm a fan!

That being said, I had a reference of what I wanted NOT to do. I tried to take somewhere that didn't sound like you to show how versatile you lyrics are.

I was SO hoping you were ok with it!

Quote:
The song is absolutely amazing Caaron. Those vocals are just right out of the park. Unbelievable that this was done with band in a box. As for “lack of EQ”? It is just like I always suspected...that these realtracks are so beautifully recorded and produced that they don’t need much from us at all!

I do think they sound great as is. They could be helped with some shaping, not because of being recorded "wrong" but from the sounds I choose bumping into each other from a frequency aspect. But great sounds to start with sure helps and that's what you get with BIAB!

Quote:
A truly unique and paradoxical take. Well done. Stand back Nickleback.

I'm afraid they may have! I haven't heard much from them or much from rock in general. I hope I didn't end the entire genre. lol J/K there is still some great rock being produced. I'm just a little saddened that it's popularity has declined so much.

Thank you again so much for providing such a fun sandbox to play in. Your lyrics worked so well for so many! YOU really made this whole thing possible and have to say, we all responded. smile You're the best! Thanks for making this happen!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,734
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197