Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I am working on something that I want the music to come in on bar 9. I enter nothing in the chord chart for measures 1 thru 8. When I generate I get the default chord for those 8 bars.

I can just erase it, right?

Wrong. When I did that, the chord chart changed. So I put those empty bars back in and now I have 8 EXTRA blank bars in my chord chart. Yet the music is still playing from bar 9. And it is one measure off to boot. Like when the black bar is on bar 10 it is playing bar 12.

I saved it all to wav files and as an MP3 but now I can't generate any new parts because the chord chart is way off and it will generate in correlation to what the chord chart says.

Do I have to start over by entering data into the chord chart AGAIN? This will make the 5th time. All to do a 3:34 long song. 84 bars.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
RealBand
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I can't quite tell where you are now, but what I would have done is enter C. as the first chord. It would give me measures of silence until bar 9.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I can't quite tell where you are now, but what I would have done is enter C. as the first chord. It would give me measures of silence until bar 9.

I now know that for next time!! Thank you Matt.

I ended up going into the song and saving as wav files, then opening a blank song, i imported those wav files in and at least U saved the song. Sadly the chord chart is gone but if need be I will recreate it. Typing in ALL that text again...

There are measures in there like F#maj7/d then F#maj7/A and so forth. Lots of verbose chord notation because of what I want the bass line to do. It actually sounds pretty good already, and I haven't done any manual playing yet. Just Real Band and real Tracks.

This is a collaborative effort with a few people, relating back to that post I made asking if we had any Jazzmasters here. Several people have responded and they were the ones I would have asked anyway! There's a 16 bar section for a guitar solo and a 16 bar section for a sax solo. Hopefully by the time it is ready to go out for collabs Mr. Norton will have some time to look at it.

This one is the most fun of the 3 I have in progress at the moment.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
RealBand
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I just re-read the post title. I didn't realize we were talking RealBand here. Given that, I have no clue. I think the chord and single dot will work, though.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Yeah Matt I have never even launched BIAB. I don't want to spend time learning all over.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Maybe just highlight from bar 9 to the end and then use Generate so RB only generates that section (?). Or use the From-Thru settings to set 9-1-0 thru whatever the end of the song is.

Or am I missing something. That's normally what I'd do.

Or even Cut the Generated tracks after the fact at 1 thru 8 in the Tracks View (not Chords) and make sure Leave Gap is checked. If Close Gap is checked it would lose those measures.

As far as starting over; can you open a backup?
File-Open Special-Open backup file

Look in C:\Realband\RBBackup and see if you have it saved before it got ruined.
disclaimer - How and where you set up the backups can be system specific and set in Prefs.

Last edited by rharv; 01/31/18 02:01 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie a couple things. When you originally said the first chord generated automatically and you erased it exactly how did you erase it? You can keep the bar and just erase the data which shouldn't mess up the rest of the chord grid but if you erased (deleted) the bar that could mess things up.

I would have generated the song from bar 1 and when it's done go to the Bars window and insert 8 empty bars at the beginning thus moving the start of the music to bar 9. I'm at the office right now so I can't test this but inserting bars should also adjust the chord grid. After that if you want to make changes or generate new tracks or whatever arm the next empty track and have at it. Since you've inserted 8 bars now you would highlight the new track from bar 9 to the end. BTW that Bars window is very cool for rearranging a song. You can easily move whole sections around or copy verse one and insert the copy later in the song.

Personally I never change a generated track while a project is still active but you can do that per Rharv's directions. I just keep adding new tracks and mute/unmute to hear what the different tracks sound like together. Example, say I'm thinking I would like a different guitar part at bar 28 for 8 bars. I'm not going to highlight those bars on the existing guitar track, I'll arm a new track and generate the whole track not just those 8 bars. Why? Because even if it's the same RT I could get different phrases spread out along the whole song. I might hear something I like at bar 28 or maybe I go hmmm, that new track really fits at bar 53 or whatever. We've got 48 tracks to play with so why bother changing an existing one? It's just as fast to generate a new one.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I did that Harv and it created 8 new measures 1 thru 8. And there is no way to revert from that because if I do it erases the music that starts at 9. I worked around it but I spent a while day on this. Fortunately I have nothing else to do.

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I never use delete bars or the cut command. I always select and erase with the delete key. What I think I did, and it has gone back and forth so many times I don't remember, I believe I regenerated a couple of tracks and when I did that it added more blank bars where I had no chords entered.

I was able to fix it and actually the song is now almost done. (I have to play some live sax on it) and then the guys who want to take a run at the solo sections can have it.

Actually if you want to listen and replace the piano line, have at it. My timing was a tiny bit sloppy but honestly it's as good as I am going to get it. If so I will send it out to you when it's ready. The lead line is a guitar and a sax playing in unison.

This song is very close to a piece I wrote in college for jazz band when I was a junior. And junior year was a busy time for me because I had to decide if I was going to vote for Abraham Lincoln or John Breckenridge.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195