Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello all

I recently tried out the new BIAB video tracks feature on the song "The Paradox of you". Here is a link to the original post in the user showcase http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=450119#Post450119

FJ suggested I did a blog post on how I went about putting this together so here it is.

How to use the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature

Comments and alternative suggestons are, as always, very welcome.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

Your January 2018 blog is great! You've put it together really well and explained everything simply and with lots of clarity. I found it an excellent read, and very informative.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Enjoyed reading the blog on creating your video track. I experimented early on but only with a signle track. I never even had the idea to include myself in the video. You did a great job.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Joanne

What a great post .
Thanks so much for your how to include external video, that was an eye opener for me.
I am off to look at NHC video pad.
Loved you song . great music nice vocal and your own harmonies.
All in all a very plesant visit.
Best regards
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
This is awesome, Joanne! It is extremely informative and precise. I don't think I'd be able to do this any better. Thanks for making this, and sharing it here smile I can imagine this being extremely useful to many users.

Cheers,
Deryk
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Nice job writing this up, Joanne...

Seems like it would be a great template for anyone else trying to do this. Appears to be a bit of a juggling act, but you make it look "doable" and nice that you are leading the way on this...

Will be looking for "the next one"...

fj

Off-Topic
L
Expert
Expert
L
Hi Joanne. A very useful presentation. It will make the whole process of trying it out much easier. I noticed a bit of a lag in the video tracks (sort of jumping), and I assume that is related to the system linking the video to the music in BIAB? Also, where do you put your photographers light? I could do with a bit of that as well! What a great idea!

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I really enjoy your blog posts! I saw your use of the RealTracks in the user showcase and it was really cool to see someone on the forums putting them in to action. I think you did a really great job on them, and I love how you documented the experience in your blog post. Thanks so much for always putting in so much time and effort and love in to Band-in-a-Box.

Cheers,
Ember
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Noel - Thanks for reading it. We hope to see some more video tracks on the forum soon

Charlie - I would think that to include a video of yourself WITHOUT using an external video editing program would prove a little more difficult than my method. You would need to edit your own video very precisely (so that it starts at exactly the same time as the video Realtracks) before importing into Band-in-a-Box.

Mike - Thanks and let me know how you get on with NCH Videopad. To me it is a very powerful video editing program and lets me doing everything I want to do to make music videos.

Deryk - Thanks and I hope it will inspire others to try out this great new feature.

Floyd - Thanks for suggesting I do a blog post. I don't think I would otherwise have through of doing it. It was indeed a bit of a juggling act. In retrospect, I think it would have been easier to include all 6 video tracks in one video out of Band-in-a-Box and to leave a "blank space" to drop in the video of me recording vocals at a later stage (using my video editing software). I hope you try it out and I will definitely be doing more.

Lambada - yes I think the "jumping" is because PG music would somehow have to splice together millions of pieces of video of the original artists into one video. Tou can imagine that it somehow has to be coherent for MY choice of chords, key and tempo. Blows my mind actually and I think they have done an amazing job.

Ember - It is me that should thank you guys at PG Music for all the dedication in bringing us the VERY best in music generation software.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Lambada - You asked about my photographers light. I have it on the shelf just above my head. (I will post a photo shortly). My research into better lighting revealed that actually you need THREE lights. One on each side at about head height and one behind you pointing at the wall so get rid of the shadow!! I dont think you need these expensive photographers lights though. You can get away with mounting normal desk lights and using LED type globes.

Off-Topic
L
Expert
Expert
L
Ta muchly. I bought NCH Videopad along with a load of other NCH stuff (debut, switch, mixpad, wavepad etc etc) and now that I'm finally starting to use Videopad, my code is out of date. I always upgrade to get the latest versions, but 6 months comes around too quickly and then you have to re-purchase. It may be time to flick some of their products like mixpad and zulu.

BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Lambada you shouldn’t have to repurchase? I never have. Maybe contact them first. The “free” version does eventually run out but once you have bought it you should be good

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
yes I think the "jumping" is because PG music would somehow have to splice together millions of pieces of video of the original artists into one video.

Joanne, you did a really great job of demoing this feature but this video jerkiness, along with limited selection of tracks, makes this new feature a non-starter for me. I'm sure it was a lot of work to produce but honestly, I'd much prefer to watch you and your guitar and listen to your lovely voice! The jerky, hands-only videos are just a one-off novelty IMHO.

Off-Topic
L
Expert
Expert
L
If you keep upgrading, you'll find that after 6 months you have to purchase the next 'upgrade'. It's a good idea to download the versions you get within the 6 month period so that you can use the latest upgrade for free. Then if you upgrade and can't use it except in demo version, you can go back to a version that your code still works for. It's worth trying all different combinations as well because the prices vary depending on what you purchase with what. I decided to drop Mixpad as I'll never use it. Some of their products are free if you use non commercial versions. I had to get the new Videopad and debut programmes but at a discounted price. Videopad has gone to Version 6, so no free upgrade. I see now they are offering a monthly / Quarterly upgrade path for Videopad as an option.

BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Lambada - Thanks for explaining this. I guess I have never upgraded... never paid for anything except the initial purchase.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,463
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195