You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#454589 - 01/30/18 03:06 AM [Off-Topic] Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hello all

I recently tried out the new BIAB video tracks feature on the song "The Paradox of you". Here is a link to the original post in the user showcase http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=450119#Post450119

FJ suggested I did a blog post on how I went about putting this together so here it is.

How to use the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature

Comments and alternative suggestons are, as always, very welcome.

#454592 - 01/30/18 03:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Joanne,

Your January 2018 blog is great! You've put it together really well and explained everything simply and with lots of clarity. I found it an excellent read, and very informative.

Regards,
Noel

#454593 - 01/30/18 03:33 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Enjoyed reading the blog on creating your video track. I experimented early on but only with a signle track. I never even had the idea to include myself in the video. You did a great job.

#454596 - 01/30/18 03:58 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Mike Head Online   content
Journeyman

Hi Joanne

What a great post .
Thanks so much for your how to include external video, that was an eye opener for me.
I am off to look at NHC video pad.
Loved you song . great music nice vocal and your own harmonies.
All in all a very plesant visit.
Best regards
Mike

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#454644 - 01/30/18 07:59 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

This is awesome, Joanne! It is extremely informative and precise. I don't think I'd be able to do this any better. Thanks for making this, and sharing it here smile I can imagine this being extremely useful to many users.

#454647 - 01/30/18 08:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Nice job writing this up, Joanne...

Seems like it would be a great template for anyone else trying to do this. Appears to be a bit of a juggling act, but you make it look "doable" and nice that you are leading the way on this...

Will be looking for "the next one"...

fj

#454788 - 01/30/18 08:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Hi Joanne. A very useful presentation. It will make the whole process of trying it out much easier. I noticed a bit of a lag in the video tracks (sort of jumping), and I assume that is related to the system linking the video to the music in BIAB? Also, where do you put your photographers light? I could do with a bit of that as well! What a great idea!
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#454895 - 01/31/18 09:31 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I really enjoy your blog posts! I saw your use of the RealTracks in the user showcase and it was really cool to see someone on the forums putting them in to action. I think you did a really great job on them, and I love how you documented the experience in your blog post. Thanks so much for always putting in so much time and effort and love in to Band-in-a-Box.

#455022 - 02/01/18 12:12 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Noel - Thanks for reading it. We hope to see some more video tracks on the forum soon

Charlie - I would think that to include a video of yourself WITHOUT using an external video editing program would prove a little more difficult than my method. You would need to edit your own video very precisely (so that it starts at exactly the same time as the video Realtracks) before importing into Band-in-a-Box.

Mike - Thanks and let me know how you get on with NCH Videopad. To me it is a very powerful video editing program and lets me doing everything I want to do to make music videos.

Deryk - Thanks and I hope it will inspire others to try out this great new feature.

Floyd - Thanks for suggesting I do a blog post. I don't think I would otherwise have through of doing it. It was indeed a bit of a juggling act. In retrospect, I think it would have been easier to include all 6 video tracks in one video out of Band-in-a-Box and to leave a "blank space" to drop in the video of me recording vocals at a later stage (using my video editing software). I hope you try it out and I will definitely be doing more.

Lambada - yes I think the "jumping" is because PG music would somehow have to splice together millions of pieces of video of the original artists into one video. Tou can imagine that it somehow has to be coherent for MY choice of chords, key and tempo. Blows my mind actually and I think they have done an amazing job.

Ember - It is me that should thank you guys at PG Music for all the dedication in bringing us the VERY best in music generation software.

#455023 - 02/01/18 12:16 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Lambada - You asked about my photographers light. I have it on the shelf just above my head. (I will post a photo shortly). My research into better lighting revealed that actually you need THREE lights. One on each side at about head height and one behind you pointing at the wall so get rid of the shadow!! I dont think you need these expensive photographers lights though. You can get away with mounting normal desk lights and using LED type globes.

#455062 - 02/01/18 06:11 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

Ta muchly. I bought NCH Videopad along with a load of other NCH stuff (debut, switch, mixpad, wavepad etc etc) and now that I'm finally starting to use Videopad, my code is out of date. I always upgrade to get the latest versions, but 6 months comes around too quickly and then you have to re-purchase. It may be time to flick some of their products like mixpad and zulu.

#455069 - 02/01/18 06:23 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Lambada you shouldn’t have to repurchase? I never have. Maybe contact them first. The “free” version does eventually run out but once you have bought it you should be good

#455179 - 02/01/18 03:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
yes I think the "jumping" is because PG music would somehow have to splice together millions of pieces of video of the original artists into one video.

Joanne, you did a really great job of demoing this feature but this video jerkiness, along with limited selection of tracks, makes this new feature a non-starter for me. I'm sure it was a lot of work to produce but honestly, I'd much prefer to watch you and your guitar and listen to your lovely voice! The jerky, hands-only videos are just a one-off novelty IMHO.

#455200 - 02/01/18 06:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

If you keep upgrading, you'll find that after 6 months you have to purchase the next 'upgrade'. It's a good idea to download the versions you get within the 6 month period so that you can use the latest upgrade for free. Then if you upgrade and can't use it except in demo version, you can go back to a version that your code still works for. It's worth trying all different combinations as well because the prices vary depending on what you purchase with what. I decided to drop Mixpad as I'll never use it. Some of their products are free if you use non commercial versions. I had to get the new Videopad and debut programmes but at a discounted price. Videopad has gone to Version 6, so no free upgrade. I see now they are offering a monthly / Quarterly upgrade path for Videopad as an option.

#455289 - 02/02/18 10:42 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Lambada - Thanks for explaining this. I guess I have never upgraded... never paid for anything except the initial purchase.

PG Music News
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Forum Stats
28447 Members
58 Forums
55274 Topics
460426 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
saxmanz, dewar, claytonkyra, Warren G, Raymond Carrasco

28446 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 365
Pipeline 334