You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#455501 - 02/03/18 05:01 PM [RealBand] TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog
Rich59 Offline
Apprentice

How do you access this in real band please.
16 Gigs Ram
Tascam 2x2 audio interface. Podxt

#455502 - 02/03/18 05:20 PM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Rich59]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

I think in 2018 it is under Generate-Generate Audio Harmonies .. or something close to that. It references BiaB and PT in parenthesis if I recall, which was confusing to me. But eventually it does get to the TCHelicon Harmonizer.

#455503 - 02/03/18 05:29 PM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Rich59]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

It's also possible to select it as shown on the image below...

1. Drag the mouse across the region of audio that you want to use with TC Helicon (#1 on image). You can also use CTRL+A to select the entire audio track.

2. Click on the "Generate Audio Harmonies" button (#2).

Regards,
Noel

Attachments
generating harmony.JPG

#455555 - 02/04/18 06:16 AM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Noel96]
Rich59 Offline
Apprentice

thank you. Found it but I have a few questions. It is looking for a midi track that I think matches my audio track. Does this mean I have to play the line and record simultaneously audio and midi? If yes, then I cannot play my guitar alone in order to create an audio file with harmonies. Is that correct? I would always have to select a midi instrument? I also really would like to use this for vocal tracks. Not sure how I would create a midi track with that.

Sorry for all the questions. I had BIAB 2013 and never really dove into it. I am now creating backing tracks for my church and need to really dig in. That is why I upgraded to 2018.

Edited by Rich59 (02/04/18 06:33 AM)
16 Gigs Ram

#455559 - 02/04/18 06:56 AM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Rich59]
Loc: Merkaz, Israel
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Merkaz, Israel
Are you trying to play monophonic (single note) lines? AFAIK, the audio harmonies do not support polyphony (cf. MIDI)

#455563 - 02/04/18 08:03 AM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: DeaconBlues09]
Rich59 Offline
Apprentice

yes. I am now teting it in BIAB but the preview does not play back.
16 Gigs Ram

#455564 - 02/04/18 08:07 AM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Rich59]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Here is how I got the best results from it. There's an old tutorial/sample song around here somewhere. I think the song was called After and probably 12 years ago or so, which makes the Search function useless.

Anyway, I'd sing the vocals, then figure out the harmonies I wanted using my keyboard. A MIDI guitar would likely work OK as in the long run you will be using individual (single) notes for each harmony on separate tracks.

Say vocals are on track 11, I then record the harmony notes (via MIDI) on tracks 12,13 & 14.

Then I would go into the Harmonizer, set it to use those tracks for the 3 part harmony. This requires selecting the radio button for 'Generate multi-part harmony from multiple MIDI tracks'.
Somewhere in the process was a way to adjust female/male sound and such.

At this point sometimes I had to transpose a given MIDI track up for a female or down for a male to avoid the 'chipmunk' effect.
Once happy I'd render them to the next available track(s) as audio.

I've seen people have luck with just using the chord sheet, but I wanted more control.

Edited by rharv (02/04/18 08:18 AM)

#455566 - 02/04/18 08:16 AM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Rich59]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Hi Rich,

First of all, record the vocal track as normal.

Then record a midi track of what you want the harmony to do.
You can use any instrument sound for this - it won't be heard eventually.
Label the midi track "GUIDE".

Now highlight the original audio track and go to GENERATE - GENERATE AUDIO HARMONY.
The Audio track should be the one you highlighted.
The harmony type should be SINGLE MONO AUDIO.
Select a blank track for the audio output - very important, or it may over-write an existing track.
In the top left dialogue box, choose "MIDI PITCH TRACKING" and select the GUIDE track.
Hit "OK"

That should get you there.

Cheers, ROG.

#455568 - 02/04/18 08:17 AM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Rich59]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Hi rharv,

Typing at the same time again!

I think we're pretty much saying the same thing.

#455570 - 02/04/18 08:19 AM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Rich59]
rharv Offline
Veteran

One of us is probably right then. <grin>
As usual there are lots of ways to do this, but I agree using a guide track is the much better approach opposed to just using the chords.

Edited by rharv (02/04/18 08:21 AM)

#455601 - 02/04/18 10:16 AM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Rich59]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Rich,

In addition to the above posts...

Following the MIDI track is one option. This is particularly useful if (a) you want to create your own harmony or (b) you want TC Helicon to tune vocals, etc.

If you want to create just harmony, it's also possible to get TC Helicon to do this by setting it to use the chords on the chordsheet. If you select this, it's then necessary to select the type of harmony from the drop-down list of harmonies. (On the image below, I've selected "1 up".)

Regards,
Noel

Attachments
TC Helicon.JPG

#455608 - 02/04/18 10:48 AM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Noel96]
Rich59 Offline
Apprentice

You guys are awesome. I will need to digest this info. Not to change the subject but how do you notate an Ab2 no 3. I entered it as Ebsus/Ab which was fine but when I changed styles to a piano guitar duo I am hearing Eb in the bass instead of Ab.
Thanks again for all your help.
16 Gigs Ram

#455634 - 02/04/18 01:43 PM [RealBand] Re: TC-Helicon Audio Harmony Dialog [Re: Rich59]
rharv Offline
Veteran

The /whatever note will generally only affect the bass track, if that helps.

In other words C/G will usually only cause a bass track to use the G.

The other tracks play the chords on the left side of the slash.

If you are trying to make a piano or guitar track obey this command, you'll likely find more success/joy by naming the chord differently.

I'd start with Ab2 and hope it worked. Getting to the level of control of dictating certain notes can be trial/error. Sometimes just expressing a different chord/voicing can work .. sometimes not.

PG Music News
With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Forum Stats
28207 Members
59 Forums
54891 Topics
455194 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rolandmammoliti, Lajos, stg, MichaelSF, Jaydude

28206 Registered Users