Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#456227 - 02/07/18 09:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

Beautiful Mario – felt like a SpaceMan in a Red Tesla Roadster somewhere between the Earth and the Sun!
Soft, dreamy and relaxing. Very well done – thanks for sharing!

#456228 - 02/07/18 09:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: Dan Gipson]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Dan Gipson
New enough not to feel to stupid when I ask: how did you access the style you used? I have BIAB 2017 plus, and while if I want to create a jazz bluegrass country etc. I have more choices than I want, I haven't come across anything like new age. Don't have a big enough package? Haven't looked hard enough? Love the piece, Mario

Dan, the only stupid question is one that you do not ask.

The style Oceans - Very Slow New Age - is a BiaB MIDI style from set #61 MIDI. I have found that working in MIDI is much easier to manipulate data. Many people here are experts at using RTs but I prefer MIDI for many reasons. One main one for using MIDI for New Age is that you can slow down the tempo as slow as you want and not get any artifacts. You can also change sounds and rewrite parts with no problems. BUT and this is a big one, you have to have good MIDI sound sources. You have a good start one to start with in sforzando. If you google/bing SFZ sounds you will find a lot of them from free to a few dollars. There are others like Kontakt or Sample Tank 3 that are much better but also a lot more costly.

I hope this helps and thanx for the listening and the very nice comments.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#456231 - 02/07/18 09:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: Janice & Bud]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
floyd really said it regarding the mix. If you don't think about it when listening then everything is, indeed, good.

This song was perfect for morning coffee and looking out the music room window at our forest. And the wind chimes were adding a nice touch to your song.

Nice!

J&B

Thanx so much for listening. It must be nice to look out your window and see a forest! I envy you so much! I look out our house and see more houses. I cam from the country with the nearest neighbor a half a mile away and woods a few yards from the house and I miss that.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#456232 - 02/07/18 09:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: David Snyder]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Well Mario,

I drifted up into the sky and fell out of earth's orbit, so I guess I will catch you on the other side bro.

Thanks for the song man. I see stars, and it's really, really cold, but I see an orange rock, and maybe there is some food over there, but I also see fire, so I dunno.

But man, I hope we'll see one another again!!

smile

In my Bowie voice I say

Ground control to Major Dave
I'm glad you liked the song today
But don't feel dismissed
I'll do another, promise

#456233 - 02/07/18 09:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: molsenhouse]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: molsenhouse
Beautiful Mario – felt like a SpaceMan in a Red Tesla Roadster somewhere between the Earth and the Sun!
Soft, dreamy and relaxing. Very well done – thanks for sharing!

Thanx so much for listening.

PS - if you are going to the sun go at night when it ain't shinning whistle

#456250 - 02/07/18 10:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Central Ohio
Masterfully done.
That, I might find in the New Age bookstore in with
collections of meditation music. That's one of those
overlooked audiences.
TASCAM Digital deck

#456330 - 02/07/18 03:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Very relaxing. Well written.

Thank you for sharing.

#456398 - 02/08/18 05:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Mario, This is certainly a relaxing meditative piece. Well mixed. I enjoyed my listen, Tom

#456425 - 02/08/18 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Mario,

This one just carries you along... So subtle and understated with great movement throughout. Love your work on the keyboard controller.

Excellent!

#456431 - 02/08/18 08:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
hi mario
what you do with midi is amazing.
this is nice and peaceful.
couldnt sleep so had a listen. going back to sleep now.
thanks.
cheers.

#456694 - 02/09/18 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: RichMac]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi marioD great job on this very clear and crisp mix very relaxing smooth changes love it thanks eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#456701 - 02/09/18 06:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: F.M.M.]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Thanx all for listening and those very nice comments. They are greatly appreciated.

#457220 - 02/12/18 05:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Mario, you are the suondtrack master!! Love the ethereal musical collages you are able to create. If I ever make a film, I'm calling YOU!!! Nice stuff!! Take care. Greg

#458314 - 02/19/18 04:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: Greg Johnson]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Mario, you are the suondtrack master!! Love the ethereal musical collages you are able to create. If I ever make a film, I'm calling YOU!!! Nice stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thanx so much Greg. If you every make a film just give me a call and I will be there.

#513418 - 12/28/18 05:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Denmark
Hi Mario,

This is a stunning good and dreamy track. Loved it!

And I love the way you are mixing this kind of music - not easy, but you did an excellent job with this tune.

Thank you for sharing!
Will

#513538 - 12/29/18 10:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Texas
Beautiful song, Mario...
Then I thought...
Have I heard this one before? ...
Nice resurrection Will...
I happy you brought this one back into the top 20!

#513554 - 12/29/18 11:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Very well done, Mario! It sets a really calming mood. I'd imagine this sounding perfect in a movie or video game, since it has a very cinematic feeling to it. The name you chose for this is definitely suiting! It makes me think of Enya a little bit.

Thanks for sharing smile

As Deryk observed, I'm hearing a romantic movie theme. You have a fabulous musical imagination.

#513570 - 12/29/18 12:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Dear friend !

This is purely Divine music !
I don´t have words for it - it just
sounds wonderful ! I felt like floating
along in heaven visiting loved ones
and friends whose souls dwell there !
Wonderful, Mario !

Cheers
Dani

#513602 - 12/29/18 03:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Mario,

This is really great.

Seems like I have heard and commented on this before--maybe confusing it with another tune. But gorgeous man. I am using this style!

Oh wait, I see I DID and we goofed around. Never mind. I enjoyed the extra listen!!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 18)

Monday, February 18th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 19th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Video - Setting And Organizing Your Favorite Styles in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Learn how quickly you can set up and organize your list of your favorite styles in Band-in-a-Box® with our latest video - we have more than 6,000 Styles, so you could find this feature VERY helpful to streamline your songwriting! Click here to watch the video on our YouTube channel.

Visit Chapter 6 of the Online Manual to read more about applying Styles within Band-in-a-Box®.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 619 Available

An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019!

Learn more about this update & download it here.

This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2019 build. VST DAW Plugin update to 1.11.14 is included in this patch.

There is also a separate RealTracks patch available! Click here to review the updates and download this patch.

Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019 build 619:
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Some important flash messages were not displaying properly.
Fixed: The 64 bit version did not have the MIDI Monitor window.
Fixed: The drums window would not update after toggling "Display QWERTY Chars On Drums" setting.
Fixed: Saving an XML or ABC file will sometimes crash Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: Some ASIO devices would fail to start with error "Your ASIO driver uses a MAC-based data format. The program does not support MAC-basedformats."
Improved: ASIO now supports extra audio formats: 64 bit float samples, and big endian sample types (16, 18, 20, 24, & 32 bit).
Fixed: If an ASIO audio device has more than 32 input or output ports, Band-in-a-Box would crash with an access violation when leaving the ASIO Audio Drivers window.
Fixed: Silent gaps between RealTracks riffs were not being filled.
Fixed: There were undesirable gaps between riffs in RealTracks 1278: Synth Pad, PopUplift Ev 120.

Summary of fixes for the VST DAW Plugin:
Fixed: Generating a single RealDrums rendered wrong track and had wrong name sometimes.
Fixed: UserTracks not showing correct name, or not generating sometimes.
Fixed: Loops and UserTracks were sometimes ALL CAPS names.
Fixed: Drums track names showed up as "N/A" drums when style loaded from a song.
Improved: Generating only the master works better.
Improved: Master.mid and indivudal MIDI files are saved.
Improved: Names for style tracks when on melody or soloist.
Fixed: Generating a loop when the style contained a soloist track wasn't working.
Fixed: In some DAWs an error could occur while dragging tracks.
Fixed: Blue square filled up after generating only master track.
Fixed: Midi playback caused crash in some DAWs (e.g. Pro Tools, Studio One)
Fixed: Render hangs with large render wav file in some cases.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 49-PAK is still available, and it's PACKED with Add-ons you'll want in your Band-in-a-Box® library!

The 2019 49-PAK includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 MIDI SuperTracks in MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 240 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks and Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 30 new MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly! Learn more and listen to demos: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Video - Selecting the Best RealTracks for Your Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

With over 2,700 RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, you may find this "Selecting the Best RealTracks for your Song" video helpful! In this video we go over the "select best RealTracks" dialog within Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch.

For more information on this feature, visit the Chapter 6 | Using RealTracks in Songs

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: The Soloist Overview

Get to know the Band-in-a-Box® Soloist feature with our latest video: Watch now...

Read more about this feature within our Online manual: Chapter 6 | Adding Solo - "The Soloist"

Video - The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Extended Version!

This video is the EXTENDED VERSION of our previous video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Click here to watch.

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Forum Stats
28963 Members
60 Forums
56909 Topics
475431 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Vinyl-LP, JoshGrimm, Dermot Ireland, Pravritti, Azul

28962 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 198
VideoTrack 187