You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#455824 - 02/05/18 01:03 PM [Off-Topic] MP4 to MP3
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

I am looking for a simple way to convert and mp4 video into mp3 only, or extract the audio from an mp4 to make an mp3.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a program that could possibly batch convert these?

Free would be great, but isn't absolutely necessary.

Thanks.

#455831 - 02/05/18 01:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Teunis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Hi, I understand Audacity will do it https://mikebeach.org/2012/11/26/convert-a-video-to-an-audio-file-using-audacity/ is an article. Audacity is free and a good handy audio editing program you will find heaps of uses for.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zfyQaXNPOOE

To add the required plugins https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xePs6KaOG-Q

Tony

Edited by Teunis (02/05/18 02:02 PM)

#455838 - 02/05/18 03:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Most free or cheap wav editors will do that. Here’s a free on line converter. I haven’t vetted it.

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/convert-mp4-to-mp3

Bud
J&B Website

#455841 - 02/05/18 03:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: HearToLearn]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Google it. There are dozens of utilities out there to do this.

#455866 - 02/05/18 04:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
I believe RealBand can do it too

Oh, just saw the part about batch processing.. I don't think RB does that. But it will load a single MP4 and then you can export it as MP3 or WAV or whatever other formats are supported by RB

#455887 - 02/05/18 06:24 PM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: Teunis]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Teunis
Hi, I understand Audacity will do it https://mikebeach.org/2012/11/26/convert-a-video-to-an-audio-file-using-audacity/ is an article. Audacity is free and a good handy audio editing program you will find heaps of uses for.

Tony

thanks. I'll have to give that a try.

#455888 - 02/05/18 06:25 PM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: Janice & Bud]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Most free or cheap wav editors will do that. Here’s a free on line converter. I haven’t vetted it.

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/convert-mp4-to-mp3

Bud

I've seen a few of these, but always am worried about d/ling more than I bargained for. Thanks smile

#455889 - 02/05/18 06:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: eddie1261]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Google it. There are dozens of utilities out there to do this.

Yeah..that's where I started. I'm just not a big believer in d/ling a bunch of utilities from sources I don't know. Tis the reason I'm asking here. To find one, isn't hard. To find something I trust, MUCH harder.

#455891 - 02/05/18 06:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: Pat Marr]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

Oh, just saw the part about batch processing.. I don't think RB does that. But it will load a single MP4 and then you can export it as MP3 or WAV or whatever other formats are supported by RB

Thanks Pat! I wouldn't have thought to even try that. You are right about the batch conversion part, but it's still good to know of this feature. I'm ALWAYS learning.

Thanks!

#455892 - 02/05/18 06:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: HearToLearn]
Veteran

Thing is that moist of us have tools that we have had for a long time and haven't had to deal with this in a while. I use Adobe Audition, but it is not free.

#455936 - 02/06/18 04:43 AM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: Teunis]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Teunis

Tony

I tested it this morning and Audacity does in fact open an MP4 file as audio. I had always used a more complex way to extract audio from an MP4 in Audacity. I learned something new. Thanks for posting this.

#455991 - 02/06/18 08:55 AM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: HearToLearn]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Apparently VLC has one built in as well if anyone is interested.

#456111 - 02/06/18 09:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: HearToLearn]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
I use Fre:Ac

https://www.freac.org/

It's excellent open-source software and will do batch conversions. It also offers a great deal of control over the quality of the final product.

#456180 - 02/07/18 06:24 AM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: HearToLearn]
Deryk - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Someone else said - but Audacity is a safe bet for doing this. Fre:Ac is supposedly good, but I've never used it myself.

#464145 - 03/26/18 02:39 AM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: HearToLearn]
camp_band Offline
Enthusiast

You might want to check out 5KPlayer it's free and it's available for both Windows and Mac. As mentioned in the article below it can convert video to AAC/MP3 files and extract audio tracks. Here is some more info on how you can manage it: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/online-marketing/online-sales/the-best-alternatives-to-the-vlc-media-player/

Edited by camp_band (03/26/18 06:04 AM)

#464152 - 03/26/18 05:15 AM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: Pat Marr]
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

RB can Batch convert MP4's to MP3's. Open the Batch Convert and MP4 is a selection in the Input drop down menu.

Edited by Charlie Fogle (03/26/18 05:18 AM)

#464178 - 03/26/18 08:25 AM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: HearToLearn]
Veteran

And just for sake of discussion/accuracy, since MP4 is video and you want the audio, technically you want a RIPPER, something that extracts the audio from a video. You aren't really converting the MP4. You are dissecting it.

#464188 - 03/26/18 09:24 AM [Off-Topic] Re: MP4 to MP3 [Re: eddie1261]
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I am looking for a simple way to convert and mp4 video into mp3 only, or extract the audio from an mp4 to make an mp3.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a program that could possibly batch convert these?

Free would be great, but isn't absolutely necessary.

Thanks.

and

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
And just for sake of discussion/accuracy, since MP4 is video and you want the audio, technically you want a RIPPER, something that extracts the audio from a video. You aren't really converting the MP4. You are dissecting it.

Me being nitpicky for the continued sake of discussion and accuracy, I believe HTL is accurate in his question as he wants to extract audio and convert that audio to the MP3 format. However, according to Thesaurus.com, dissect is not on their list as a recommended synonym for extract.... I could be wrong..... ;=)

However, RB appears to fulfill his request for a 'free' alternative to batch convert files even though he technically had to initially pay for it but it's listed as included for 'free' with his BIAB purchase....

Again ;o)

Edited by Charlie Fogle (03/26/18 09:27 AM)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!

Here's some of the amazing feedback we've received lately, from program users just like you!

Arthritic fingers means I find it very difficult to play anything. This program is amazing - and it does use real musicians!
-Bob E.

The power of this program is just unbelievable! It's been a best kept secret for a couple of decades now. A song writer's dream!
-Mike D

This band can practice any time of day ...LOL
-William G

Band-in-a-Box works so simple you could teach a child to do it within minutes - the RealTracks are amazing. Doing an album as we speak. I challenge you to give it a try. I am 60 years old and even though I've played 50 years, I am no engineer. But as a song writer I needed some effective tools to create quality production of my work. This is IT! It's as easy as typing and filling in the blanks. The instructional videos allow you to change settings while watching the pro. I myself purchased every "RealTrack" I could get... Take it from me, don't let this overwhelm you. It is absolutely a writer and solo artist dream!
-John S

Best part of Band-in-a-Box is that it saves me having to program drums, the Real Drummer part of the software is brilliant and natural sounding. I then layer real instruments with guys from my band. As a songwriter, Band-in-a-Box has saved me so much time it's ridiculous.
-Andy B

Incredible Software. Great for ignorance and experts and for anyone who wants to deal with music. If you do not have a hobby and want to have one "Band-in-a-Box" is the best choice. Simple, but if you want to be an expert on it, you need to make an effort to master it perfectly for perfect use. The only disadvantage is if you do not want to become a musician, and use it, you will become a perfect musician. Therefore, be cautious. It's not a toy. ;)
-Ilija B.

Been a BIAB man since '92, such a comprehensive source for music making! So much more to offer than "loops", it allows actual music composition to be realized. Evolve from harmonic ignorance and find out what REAL music is made of!
-Don D.

A must for any musician who wants to improve on his own, or to share his musical ideas in a professional high quality rendition.. You just play with the best musicians and that's great ♪ :)
-Jean-Marie D.

I use Band in a Box all the time. I couldn't be more pleased. It's easy to use and it sounds super-big time!
-Max R.

An excellent tool for generating backing tracks. Saves me hours of MIDI programming. Combines the best of MIDI and live audio samples.
-Steve A.

Video Help - My Band-in-a-Box® Won't Open!

Our NEW I want a video that shows me how to .... forum is off to a GREAT start! We've answered the common question/issue of "My program won't open!" with the following video: How To: Return to Factory Settings outside Band-in-a-Box (Win).

Want to see a video about a particular issue your having with the program? Post your request here, we're happy to help!!

Forum Stats
28194 Members
59 Forums
54868 Topics
454845 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Georgia Davis, TinaHa, Sylvia DE, Maisha, konon

28193 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 193
Rustyspoon# 143