You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#456405 - 02/08/18 05:31 AM [Beginners Forum] 750 BIAB songs for download
Loc: Waterloo Ontario Canada
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

I have made all my BIAB cover songs available for download using this Dropbox link. There are about 750 songs plus a list (CSV file) to make browsing easier. No melodies of course so no copyright issues. You should be able to download any file, let me know if there are problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/azh0bigv4zarj3v/AABDFw1vLd7Zx4EkSBjkURMKa?dl=0

I have created these songs over nearly 20 years using BIAB so many of them have not been updated to use RT’s but the chord sheets may be useful for some people looking for a song. If anyone would like to take my files and improve them with a more sophisticated version using RT’s etc – be my guest.

In the early years I created BIAB chord sheets mainly for songs in the great American songbook but in the last few years have included lots of classic country, pop, rock, jazz, disco etc. I just love hearing a song from my youth that I had forgotten about then searching for the sheet music with chords to create a BIAB song. I have no ear to create my own chords and need the written music to play my keyboard.

I use BIAB purely for my own amusement to create backing for playing the keyboard (plus playing at the occasional party) and I have sheet music for every song with every bar numbered on the paper copies to correspond with the BIAB chord sheet. All 750 songs are in 3 ring binders arranged by genre which is why the BIAB files are just lumped together in one folder – except for a folder of Irish songs.

Tony

#456408 - 02/08/18 06:03 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: Merkaz, Israel
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Merkaz, Israel
OMG, that's amazing! Thank you so much grin

#456420 - 02/08/18 07:26 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
massichat Offline
Enthusiast

What generosity! a huge thanks smile

Edit : I'm playing them, what a wonderful job, thank you for giving us the chance to travel 20 years of your life smile
It is surely a problem related to my Biab, but on several songs, I do not hear any instruments except the drums (especially the open and the closed hat). Someone has encountered this problem ?
Edit2 : Solved by disabling freeze button on those instruments smile
Remains the drums (hear only hh on some songs)

Edited by massichat (02/08/18 09:11 AM)

#456426 - 02/08/18 07:48 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Tony,

Twenty years worth of music! Very generous of you to share this with us Tony. Thank you very much!

Note to ALL: If you have DropBox and decide to download all the SGU song files there is a download all option. Click on the download option in the top, right corner of the screen then select either direct download or save to DropBox. DropBox will select all the files then compile the files into one compressed file. The compressed file size is about 35 MB.

Attachments
Save All.jpg

Edited by Jim Fogle (02/08/18 08:05 AM)
Edit Reason: Add download info
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#456429 - 02/08/18 08:04 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
That’s very generous Tony.

I used to have a few dozen Brazilian jazz downloads on my website but I didn’t keep them up when RealTracks arrived. That would be quite a job now.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#456443 - 02/08/18 09:10 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: Maine
Guitartist Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maine
Thank you, Tony! That's very generous and thoughtful of you to share.

Ron

https://soundcloud.com/ron-longtin/sets/originals

#456448 - 02/08/18 09:37 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Thanx so much for sharing these files with us. 20 years of work is a lot to share! I know that I will find songs in here that I currently do not have.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#456450 - 02/08/18 09:41 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: somewhere in outer space
w Offline
Expert

Thank you Tony.

Very generous share.

I have tried a few of them and your chordal arrangements and real track matching are fantastic.

Now my mission will be to find the sheet music ( pdf format ) with the melodies for my favorite songs.
acoustic instruments including 2 Air Guitars
SC : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

#456451 - 02/08/18 09:45 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: w]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: w

Thank you Tony.

Very generous share.

I have tried a few of them and your chordal arrangements and real track matching are fantastic.

Now my mission will be to find the sheet music ( pdf format ) with the melodies for my favorite songs.

FYI - My starting place for sheet music is Music Notes:

https://www.musicnotes.com/

Another good site is Sheet Music Plus:

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/?aff_id=491934

Good luck.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#456458 - 02/08/18 10:03 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: Arizona
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Thank you Tony for your generosity. I look forward to a great listen.

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#456471 - 02/08/18 10:43 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: MarioD]
w Offline
Expert

MarioD,

appreciate your feedback/info
acoustic instruments including 2 Air Guitars
SC : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

#456478 - 02/08/18 11:29 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
jazzmammal Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Very nice Tony! I get calls for all sorts of gigs and I'll wind up looking for charts for stuff I don't know. I don't need any melodies, just the chords and these files are great.

The first one I tested out is Beyond the Sea because I had to do that for a Xmas party and all my charts that I could find have it in one key, no modulations. Yours has the mods. YES! That one file would have saved me a ton of time going through all my other stuff trying to find one with all the mods.

I couldn't get it to change styles until I realized all tracks were frozen. After I unfroze them it's all good.

Bob

#456495 - 02/08/18 01:59 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Awesome, Tony. Looks like I'll be doing some downloading tonight to add to my library.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#456499 - 02/08/18 02:20 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: MarioD]
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: w

Thank you Tony.
Very generous share.

FYI - My starting place for sheet music is Music Notes:
https://www.musicnotes.com/
Another good site is Sheet Music Plus:
https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/?aff_id=491934
Good luck.

I use both those sites, especially Music Notes
Tony

#456530 - 02/08/18 06:31 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Thank you for the positive responses. I don’t feel I am being exactly generous because the files don’t have any monetry value and it’s a pleasure to share them with other BIAB users. I have always thought that there isn’t enough emphasis on the forum about the creating and sharing of BIAB cover song backings. I suspect the majority of people use BIAB for covers and as long as the melody isn’t posted there should be no copyright issues. Perhaps there could be forum discussion specifically for sharing covers. Surely PG would have no problem.

It occurred to me after I posted the files that a few notes about how I have constructed the chord sheets would be helpful.

STYLES – Some of the styles are from Norton (those beginning with #) or from other internet sources or you may not have bought them from PG so your BIAB program may not find all the styles I have used. My BIAB defaults to ZZJAZZ.sty when that happens but that may just be the way I have it set up. I have added the style name to the list of songs on Dropbox so you can see what the intended style was for every song. Let me know if you are missing a style and I will see what I can do.

CHORUSES – I don’t use them. Every song is a single chorus. Without the sheet music in front to you it might be difficult to follow the repeats. I usually followed the repeats/bridges suggested by the music but sometimes I would watch a performer on YouTube and copy the original artist.

INTRODUCTIONS – Lots of my songs use the intro from the music and with American Songbook songs the intros can be quite long. Some songs have no intros or intros generated by BIAB.

ENDINGS – I nearly always use the same simple ending i.e. hold the last chord with three dots (e,g, C…) then finish with any other chord and one dot (e.g. A.) Sometimes I will mute an instrument or the drums on the C… chord to make a smoother ending. Occasionally I use a fade out.
A few years ago one of the new BIAB versions started screwing up my endings by not recognising this method and it keeps playing to the last bar. If any of the files do this just unfreeze, regenerate and refreeze. This solves the problem for that song. I never did get an answer to that problem.

SOLOS – I love to use solos particularly with the repeats so some songs have the solo track muted at the start.

FROZEN – As you have discovered, many songs are frozen especially those with RT’s

Tony

#456551 - 02/08/18 10:35 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: Ohio-USA
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
A HUGE Thank You Tony for the share, this is fantastic!
Intel Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS/2x 3tb Internal HDD, 12tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, E-Mu 1820 Sound Card, Win Vista/Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2018, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, ETC

#457000 - 02/11/18 11:03 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

What a sweet and thoughtful thing to do. Thank you for sharing your work with us Tony.

#457116 - 02/12/18 12:22 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Loc: South Australia
wish Offline
Apprentice

Loc: South Australia
Thanks from down-under. I look forward to sharing my tracks when there is enough to make it worth while.
Cheers.
Windows10,INTEL CORE i3-330M Processor 2.13GHz 64bit
Coyote Forte DXi
JBL Eon speaker, Allen and Heath Mixer, TC HELICON Voice Solo
Vocalist Live 5, TC Helicon Play Acoustic Maton acoustic guitar, Onsong

#457124 - 02/12/18 02:04 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: wish]
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Teunis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Tony, thanks a heap for these, I have had a listen to some already. I find enjoyable and interesting hearing the different slants on the same song. I can see I'll be busy for some time going through a number of these and gleaning from your expertise.

Tony

#457606 - 02/14/18 06:53 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Teunis]
Loc: NSW Australia
Keith from Oz Offline
Veteran

Loc: NSW Australia
Thank you Tony, your gesture is very much appreciated.
I'm looking forward to "exploring"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Forum Stats
28207 Members
59 Forums
54891 Topics
455195 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rolandmammoliti, Lajos, stg, MichaelSF, Jaydude

28206 Registered Users