You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#456550 - 02/08/18 10:12 PM [User Showcase] The River of Life
Loc: Illinois, USA
firesong Offline
Enthusiast

This song is one my daughter recorded for me about ten years ago...I just redid the track with BIAB and put her decade old vocals with it using a simple acoustic and bass from BIAB and some new keyboard and stuff...if you like harmony and key changes you'll love this...hope you enjoy...Dan

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=4982108
The River of Life
words and music Dan Simmons
Vocals Amber Simmons-Eaker

There’s a river... that is flowing... from the throne room of a King
Deep and wide... ever growing... is the well from which it springs
Living water...freely given...streaming forth... in vast supply
Let’s go down to the river of life

There’s a Man down by the river...Who can heal a wounded soul
He will touch you and deliver...make you pure...make you whole
Beneath the water there’s healing power that can wash our sin away
Let’s go down to the river today

There’s a river that is flowing from the crown of thorns He wore
Down the cross that river’s pouring form the nail scars that He bore
Bruised and broken...torn and tattered...His precious blood poured down like rain
Let’s go down to that river again

There’s a river that is brighter than the sun up in the sky
Oh, it shines in crystal splendor just beneath the throne on high
Heaven's watered by this fountain that will never run dry
Let’s go down to the river of life
Let’s go down to the river...the river of life

Edited by firesong (02/08/18 10:27 PM)

#456573 - 02/09/18 01:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: The River of Life [Re: firesong]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Great and very crisp, right from the start.

Clean and well presented vocal, the only comment I would constructively make is that perhaps the guitar sits a tiny bit too much in front, especially at the start of the song. I felt that this masked the vocals a little.

Nevertheless, the changes throughout the song give additional dynamics and quality. Very nice indeed.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#456607 - 02/09/18 07:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: The River of Life [Re: firesong]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Very nice job here, firesong. It's very pretty and gentle, which I found inviting. It sounds really heartfelt and sincere. The change ups throughout are wonderful too, and I found them to be unexpected. It gives it a wonderful dynamic.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

#456619 - 02/09/18 10:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: The River of Life [Re: firesong]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

VERY very nice. Everything just works. All the pieces fit the puzzle perfectly.

#456632 - 02/09/18 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: The River of Life [Re: firesong]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

nice song and well sung.

I agree that the vocals are too low in the mix. I'd add just a tad of EQ to brighten the vox as well.

Nice work and the key changes are a nice touch. Harmony is really nice.

This a nice example of country flavored southern gospel music. THis kind of thing is big in the southern baptist churches in this area.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#456635 - 02/09/18 12:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: The River of Life [Re: VideoTrack]
firesong Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks so much for the comments...I agree about the music/vocal mix...I think I'll remix and draw the guitars back a bit...great listen and insight...thanks...Dan

#456636 - 02/09/18 12:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: The River of Life [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
firesong Offline
Enthusiast

Deryk...thanks for the comments...appreciated...Dan

#456834 - 02/10/18 01:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: The River of Life [Re: firesong]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Awesome vocal. Beautiful song

#456871 - 02/10/18 04:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: The River of Life [Re: firesong]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
Dear "firesong"...

Couldn't pass up the opportunity to listen to a post by someone from my home state!

First, and first of all, your lyrics express a solid, obviously unshakable faith that could cause a non-believer to begin questioning her/himself. They also summon an irresistible, shining vision of the world-that-is-to-come for those who do believe. And then, your daughter's voice comes out like the sun from behind clouds, beckoning His followers to the "river of life". If I closed my eyes I'd think she was an angel, singing like that. Her voice is as clear and pure as the "living water" she tells us about.

Whatever styles you employed -- Real or MIDI -- to deliver your hopeful message, they did so in the most serene and inspirational way possible. It's a no-brainer understanding why you wrote on your SoundClick page, "this song moves me beyond my ability to explain."

LOREN

Edited by bluage (02/10/18 04:55 PM)

PG Music News
With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Forum Stats
28204 Members
59 Forums
54887 Topics
455150 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
MichaelSF, Jaydude, JEisen, Kriskov123, Glenno

28203 Registered Users