#455525 - 02/04/18 12:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Suburban Stucco Tract House - ...
Ian Ferrin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Suburban Stucco Tract House - ...
Beautiful tune Noel.

I thought of a little tweak you can have for free if you want to use it:

"But as long as you’re beside me blue skies are new for us"

I think this might be a little less cliche.

This is a well crafted song and I really enjoyed it,

Peace,

Ian

#455605 - 02/04/18 10:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: bluage]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "Noel96"...

The title of your song, is what your song is. You sing of a kind of love that makes the lover feel that his feelings for the loved one are one with his experience of the natural world, such as the warmth of the sun, the radiance of which is as palpable as the emotion that pours forth from his (your) heart. Your lyrics are as elemental -- and powerful -- in their simplicity as the blue of the sky you sing about.

By taking your inspiration for your song from the created world, you could be singing as much about God, as you could be singing about another human being who is on the receiving end of what seems to be your personal, and immense capacity to share yourself, your whole being, with another being...and isn't that what "love" is all about -- sharing?

Your music has the effect of making time stand still.

Reveling in the peace you bring,

LOREN

Hi Loren,

I have to hand it to you, you sure know how to make an amateur/hobby songwriter feel magnificent! Thank you so much for that. I really, really appreciate your comments and the fact that you could spare time to have a listen.

Your comment about "...the effect of making time stand still" has caused me to sit here pondering. I wonder if this is a measure of the effectiveness of a composition in AABA form?

Many years ago, I read Shiela Davis' lyric and song writing books. In these, she spoke about how AABA format is best used to capture a single moment in time. After reading that, I started looking at many of the famous AABA format songs (e.g. "Over the Rainbow", "When You Wish Upon A Star", "Yesterday", etc.) and discovered that the large majority of them were set either in a single moment of time or to a time period that's very close to a single moment. Usually this 'moment of time' came across as the singer reflecting on a situation or set of circumstances.

Since I discovered the above, I've adopted Davis' principle and I always try to anchor my AABA songs (like "So Beautiful") in one moment of time. It seems to work.

So to make a long story short, I think it's the format that creates the effect of time standing still and not my writing.

Once again, thank you so very much for such gracious comments. I am sincerely grateful.

All the best,
Noel

#455607 - 02/04/18 10:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: JoanneCooper]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Wow Noel. What a touching and heartfelt tribute. So gentle and the simple backing helps the vocal really stand out. Ended to soon ! Simply beautiful.

Hi Joanne,

I'm glad you visited. It's always great to see you! Thank you finding the time to jump over to Soundcloud and have a listen. I appreciate it. I also appreciate your thoughts.

All the best,
Noel

#455711 - 02/05/18 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Andyman]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Andyman
This is a really pretty song and beautifully sung.

Thank you, Andyman. Appreciate the visit...

All the best,
Noel

#455905 - 02/05/18 10:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Noel96
So to make a long story short, I think it's the format that creates the effect of time standing still and not my writing.

Dear "Noel96"...

What Ms. Davis revealed to you about song form is unbearably interesting because it has a sense of truth about it, especially since you cited actual songs that seem to illustrate her/your point. I can't wait to read more about it.

I lack the theoretical knowledge of music to apply it in support of my statement. Nonetheless, what I meant when I wrote about the time-stilling effect of your music, I was speaking almost exclusively about the emotional/spiritual impact of it, the tranquilizing effect it had on my nervous system. It was like lying on the green grass of a high, shapely hill under a sky so blue you could lick it and taste the blueness, with a quiet sun burning on the most perfect day that ever came to pass, and contemplating the eternal glory of it all.

As I attempted to explain in my initial comment, though of course we have not ever met, I feel quite strongly that I hear the (near) totality of your personality in your compositions. I believe that you must enjoy being alive in a wide-eyed, wide-awake manner, not unlike a child that, because of its innocence, its newness, sees this world in a blaze of reality that has not been tainted by the complexity of the society he/she lives in.

Whatever the reason, the songs you post on the User's Forum are simply one-of-a-kind because of the consistent energy and passion that they reveal through your lyric writing, music composing and performance traits and skills.

LOREN

Edited by bluage (02/05/18 10:54 PM)

#456008 - 02/06/18 11:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: RnAM]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RnAM
This is gorgeous Noël!
Such a heartfelt and respectful tribute.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks for dropping by Rob and Anne-Marie. It's always excellent to see you. I appreciate that you had some time to have a listen.

All the best to you both,
Noel

#456127 - 02/06/18 11:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: rayc]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
Noel,
There's a touch of the Go Betweens' Robert Forster to your phrasing.
Nice work.
heartfelt lyrics and melody.

Appreciate the visit, Ray. Thank you for taking time to listen and post comments.

All the best,
Noel

#456251 - 02/07/18 10:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
This is incredible, Noel smile The way this is presented is so interesting to me. It definitely has a unique quality to it I can’t put my finger on. And by the way - your vocal performance here is unreal! Overall it is just a well executed and well written tune.

Great work - you should be proud of this! Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks, Deryk. You know how to start a person's workday really well! I appreciate that you had time to have a listen and to pass on your thoughts. For the record, none of what I do would be possible if it weren't for the amazing company that you work for and Band In A Box.

All the best,
Noel

#456253 - 02/07/18 10:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Virginia
Belladonna Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia
Sometimes you sound a little like Ringo Starr singing a love song. Very nice love song. Good imagery.

#456375 - 02/08/18 03:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Ian Ferrin]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ian Ferrin
Beautiful tune Noel.

I thought of a little tweak you can have for free if you want to use it:

"But as long as you’re beside me blue skies are new for us"

I think this might be a little less cliche.

This is a well crafted song and I really enjoyed it,

Peace,

Ian

Thanks, Ian. Appreciate the visit, the listen and the comments. Thanks too for taking time to ponder the lyrics and offer your suggestion.

All the best,
Noel

#456387 - 02/08/18 04:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

BEAUTIFUL!

Both the idea behind the song and the way it turned out to be.
Well sounding and beautiful – WELL DONE!

#456586 - 02/09/18 04:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: bluage]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: bluage
Originally Posted By: Noel96

Dear "Noel96"...

What Ms. Davis revealed to you about song form is unbearably interesting because it has a sense of truth about it, especially since you cited actual songs that seem to illustrate her/your point. I can't wait to read more about it.

I lack the theoretical knowledge of music to apply it in support of my statement. Nonetheless, what I meant when I wrote about the time-stilling effect of your music, I was speaking almost exclusively about the emotional/spiritual impact of it, the tranquilizing effect it had on my nervous system. It was like lying on the green grass of a high, shapely hill under a sky so blue you could lick it and taste the blueness, with a quiet sun burning on the most perfect day that ever came to pass, and contemplating the eternal glory of it all.

As I attempted to explain in my initial comment, though of course we have not ever met, I feel quite strongly that I hear the (near) totality of your personality in your compositions. I believe that you must enjoy being alive in a wide-eyed, wide-awake manner, not unlike a child that, because of its innocence, its newness, sees this world in a blaze of reality that has not been tainted by the complexity of the society he/she lives in.

Whatever the reason, the songs you post on the User's Forum are simply one-of-a-kind because of the consistent energy and passion that they reveal through your lyric writing, music composing and performance traits and skills.

LOREN

My goodness, Loren, I'm not quite sure what to say. Your eloquence sparkles and gleams like pure gold.

There is no doubt about it, your skill with language would rival that of master poets. The way with which you engage a reader's senses is outstanding.... tantalisingly so!

I'm very grateful that you visited again. It's always a pleasure to read what you write. Thank you smile

Best regards,
Noel

#456829 - 02/10/18 12:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Belladonna]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Sometimes you sound a little like Ringo Starr singing a love song. Very nice love song. Good imagery.

Hi Donna,

I appreciate the visit, the listen and the comments. Thank you.

All the best,
Noel

#456879 - 02/10/18 06:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Teunis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
A very beautiful song that was well written lyrically, and done well instrumentally and vocally. A really nice listen.

Tony

#457129 - 02/12/18 03:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: molsenhouse]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: molsenhouse
BEAUTIFUL!

Both the idea behind the song and the way it turned out to be.
Well sounding and beautiful – WELL DONE!

Hi Molsenhouse,

Thank you! Very much appreciate that you dropped in and had a listen.

Regards,
Noel

#457243 - 02/12/18 09:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

This is so beautifully done Noel. Everything about it sounds great and it has such a great heart to heart feel.

#457351 - 02/13/18 10:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Teunis]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Teunis
A very beautiful song that was well written lyrically, and done well instrumentally and vocally. A really nice listen.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for having a listen.

Regards,
Noel

#458036 - 02/18/18 03:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Sundance]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
This is so beautifully done Noel. Everything about it sounds great and it has such a great heart to heart feel.

Josie,

Thank you for dropping in. I'm glad that you had a chance to have a listen. It's really good to see you in the forum again. You've definitely been missed smile

May good thing come you way!
Noel

#502453 - 11/20/18 01:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Texas
A simple beautiful love song... the world needs more these!

#502622 - 11/20/18 07:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: So Beautiful [Re: Noel96]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Dear "Noel96"...

"So Beautiful" is the musical equivalent of someone handing a flower to another, of a younger person deliberately taking the time to hold a conversation with an elderly person, of reading a book aloud to someone without the gift of sight, and other such selfless, bonding, and boundlessly loving actions.

Its brevity is analogous to the phrase, "short and sweet." No matter which way you "come at" a song, "Noel96", you seem to always to lead with your heart.

God bless you for composing and performing this inspired song for Al and Ms. Diane, sir!

LOREN

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 613 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 613 is available!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Exporting MP3 files would fail if using the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, and Windows 7 or earlier.
Fixed: Some audio export error messages were blank.
Fixed: The 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box was not working with jBridge for loading 32 bit VST plugins.
Fixed: If using the Lyric Document window, there will be an access violation when saving the song (64 bit only).
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would freeze when rendering to audio if there was no default synth selected, and "Use DXi/VSTi Snth" was enabled.
Fixed: The 64 bit version should use "MaxPluginsToScan64.txt" instead of sharing "MaxPluginsToScan.txt" with the 32 bit version

This patch will update Band-in-a-Box® 2019 to Build 613 from any previous 2019 build.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows® Download and Installation Tutorial

If you've purchased Band-in-a-Box® and want to download it to get started right away - make sure you check out our latest video for assistance! Click here to watch...

RealBand® 2019 New Features Video!

Learn more about the new RealBand® 2019 features with our RealBand® 2019 New Features Overview Video: Click here...

RealBand® is included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 612 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 612 is available!

It includes the DAW Plugin patch too!!!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Songs would not load or save VST data if larger than 1 megabyte, displaying flash message error "VST/FX data is too large to save".
Fixed: It was not possible to use the N key while entering note based lyrics in the Notation window.
Fixed: Recorded MIDI would be erased if also recording audio.
Fixed: The MIDI Driver dialog would not show the selected VSTi or DXi synth after choosing one in the Plugins window.
Updated: PDF and help file documentation.

Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.9.28 fixes:
There are lots of significant fixes and additions in this patch, especially related to some single track operations not working.

Fixed: Right-clicking generate bass track generated all individual tracks
Fixed: StylePicker, RealTracks Picker, and other style and instrument selection windows would sometimes open behind the main window, requiring you to alt+tab to see them.
Fixed: Loading demo from StylePicker or loading a song when a special track was already present sometimes added an extra RealTracks (special track) to page 2
Fixed: Output directory error.
Fixed: BBW sometimes not receiving message when run as administrator. This would cause some actions to hang or not work at all.
Fixed: Skip grey bars when moving selector through chordsheet.
Fixed: Dragging tracks into Reason would sometimes give a 'Not found' error message.
Fixed: AAX Plugin was not being recognized by Pro Tools.
Fixed: Problem scrolling chord table when crossing PartMarker during highlight.
Fixed: Repaint problem in Reason (possibly other DAWs).
Fixed: Some opened BB songs with realcharts on a frozen track would cause an access violation.
Added: Detailed log file written in BB Data folder bbw4exe_pluginLog.txt.
Fixed: Generation of single tracks would hang the program if the bb folder contained the file MaxPluginsToScan.txt containing Max=0. This file should not normally be present except in rare cases where a DX plugin scan failed.
Added: VST2 FX 32-bit version.
Improved: Installer has options for installing all plugin types. All files are now digitally signed.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in PreSonus® Studio One®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in PreSonus® Studio One® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Reason®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Reason® - Watch now...

Forum Stats
28745 Members
60 Forums
56308 Topics
469244 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rbrusme@gmail.co, rayanic, Gold top std., graham195, jpk

28744 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 364
Noel96 312