#457738 - 02/15/18 03:49 PM
[Band-in-a-Box for Windows]
Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 513 Update (Feb 20)
PG Music Staff
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018Download the Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 513 update
This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2018 build.Summary of changes for Build 513
since 512 (Feb 20 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 512
- Fixed: When recording audio using Windows Audio Session (WAS) audio driver, there would be a stream read error when keeping the take.
since 510 (Feb 15 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 510
- Fixed: Mixer changes were not undoable, and would not cause user to be prompted to save their song when exiting.
- Fixed: After returning Band-in-a-Box to factory settings the File Open dialog would default to the bb\Data\Lib directory.
- Fixed: The audio latency setting would increase every time leaving the Windows Audio Devices dialog.
- Fixed: Choosing a custom chord sheet font would ignore any color choice made in the font selection dialog.
- Fixed: Exporting a MIDI file might cause the error, "MIDIConv.exe no found".
- Fixed: "Load SoundTrack Song" and "Load song with RealDrums Audio" buttons in the Sound Track dialog were not working.
- Fixed: The Download Manager folder name defaulted to 2016 instead of 2018.
- Updated: Help file.
- Fixed: Static in RT2438 and other various RealTracks fixes.
- Fixed: StylePicker database various updates. Some styles were displaying the wrong feel (swing/even) in notation. A few styles incorrectly showed missing Drums.
- Fixed: Drum names were sometimes truncated in the RealDrums MultiDrums and Quicklist dialogs.
since 509 (Jan 26 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 509
- Fixed: The old drop station image was used if loading a custom skin.
- Improved: The drop station plus dialog will warn you if you do not select any file formats.
- Fixed: Some audio devices would fail to connect when using a WAS (Windows Audio Session) driver.
- Fixed: The file open dialog would not filter file types.
- Fixed: New In 2018 menu item on the Category menu in stylePicker does nothing.
- Fixed: Opening a .pat patch map file should start looking in the Synth Kits directory.
- Fixed: The [Demos...] button in the RealTracks Settings dialog did not work.
- Fixed: Tip of the day wasn't showing new tips.
- Updated: 2018 user's guide.
- Improved: New ABC notation features have been added:
- Voice Overlay
- Multiple Voices
- Grace Notes
- Free Meter
- Complex Time Signatures
- Lyrics (In Bar, Leica)
- Modal Key Signatures
since 508 (Jan 15 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 508
- Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
- Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
- Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
- Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
- Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
- Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.
- Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
- Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
- Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
- Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
- Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
since 507 (Dec 22 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 507
- Fixed: Songs might not load with tone and reverb settings.
- Fixed: Rendering Video RealTracks would fail if Windows was not set to an English locale.
- Fixed: exception in StylePicker routine to find similar styles (menu [Action] mark as prototype command).
- Fixed: Tracks that have video available are not labeled with "[V]" unless "Auto-Generate Track Labels" is enabled.
- Fixed: The Help button in the Save ABC notation dialog did not work.
- Updated: Artist bios.
since 506 (Dec 18 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 506
- Fixed: Using File | Open to open an audio file would not load the audio file.
- Fixed: The audio track was not being included in rendered videos.
- Fixed: When using the "One file per track" setting in the Render dialog, each track's file is not named properly.
- Fixed: If video rendering failed, the process would not stop and there was no error message.
- Fixed: It was not possible to cancel video rendering.
- Fixed: Repeats/endings were not implemented for XML and ABC notation.
- Fixed: Saving XML file with 3 divisions per notation beat could result in rests on the wrong clef.
- Fixed: Playing a demo in the RealTracks Picker might cause an access violation.
- Added: Style Demos from Third Party Sources, or for any UserCreated style now found if placed in Demos\MIDI Style Demos\ folder.
- Fixed: Playing a demo in the RealTracks Picker might cause an access violation.
- Fixed: The StylePicker was not finding demos in "Drums - Demos".
- Improved: Background Vocals RealTracks.
since 505 (Dec 13 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 505
- Fixed: Deleting a region of chords would cause "Undo Delete Bars" to appear in the Edit menu, but do nothing unless chosen twice.
- Fixed: Sometimes when deleting a note in the notation window, you will be asked "OK to delete chord".
- Fixed: "K3" did not work in the chord sheet for copying 3 bars (8 bars would be copied instead).
- Fixed: The "Show Flash Tips" setting did not have any effect when disabled.
- Fixed: Flash messages were not being added to the flash message log.
- Fixed: Error "Input and output sample rates must match" might show when the devices do have matching sample rates.
- Added: "Export Song as Audio File..." menu item has been added to the Audio menu.
- Fixed: Rendering .m4a or video files might fail and request that the user install QuickTime if using Windows 7. QuickTime should only be necessary for Windows Vista or XP.
- Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box was in DAW Plugin mode while exiting, the window size was not restored the next time opening the program.
- Fixed: When exiting DAW Plugin mode, the window would not return to its previous size (it would become maximized).
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box will not open using the proper window size if the Mixer window was open while exiting.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box always opens with a maximized window briefly before resizing to the user's saved size.
- Fixed: Some of the Oohs and Aahs (Vocal) RealTracks were not working correctly, and they have been greatly improved.
- Updated: Various improvements (including Db offset adjustments) to many of the new STY files and .SGU demos included with RealTracks Sets 278-300.
- Added: New styles (STY files) for many of the new RealTracks in Sets 278-300 and MIDI SuperTracks sets 25-27.
- Added: StylePicker User Categories updated for Xtra Styles PAK 4.
- Added: BB2018 tutorials folder.
- Updated: Styles database
- Fixed: WashboardBluegrass drums.
since 504 (Dec 7 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 504
- Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
- Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
- Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
- Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
- Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
- Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
- Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
- Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
- Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
- Updated: Help file and manuals.
- Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.
since 503 (Dec 1 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 503
- Updated: Help file and Manuals.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Save ABC notation dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the RealDrums Quick dialog.
- Added: A Quality selector has been added to the Render to Audio File dialog. This lets you select a bit rate for compressed audio types (M4A, MP3, WMA).
- Fixed: Clicking on flash messages should not deactivate the main window.
- Fixed: Green flash messages would sometimes not perform any action when clicked on, or perform the wrong action.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash if opening an ABC notation file that is not properly formatted.
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - improved behaviour of the Clear button
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - spelling of some subgenres fixed
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - 100 song titles added, total now 10,306
- Fixed: StylePicker - using mixer menu to customize style now filters according to selected style, not song's style
- Fixed: StylePicker - Save As Style feature improved
- Fixed: StylePicker - Generate button removed from Best Soloists dialog if launched from the StylePicker
- Fixed: RealDrums and RealDrums QuickList - some demos were not playing variations.
- Fixed: Sometimes loss of RealTracks folder locations.
- Fixed: What addons dialog not showing MIDI Soloists correctly.
(since 501) (Nov 29 2017):
- Fixed: Converting to WMA would create a truncated file (too short).
- Fixed: Videos & M4A files might have a pop noise at the beginning and end.
- Improved: Better MP3 suport for Windows 7 and Windows XP.
- Fixed: The Title Generator would not launch.
- Added: Menu item for opening ABC notation files has been added to the File > Open Special menu.
- Fixed: There were no hints in the Audio Harmony dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Generate Video dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
- Added. Help button has been added to the Windows Audio Session devices dialog.
- Fixed: "Display warnings for detected audio stuttering" check box in the Audio Settings dialog should only be visible when using MME audio drivers.
- Fixed: Converting to MP3, M4A, or WMA might fail if using older versions of Windows.
- Fixed: Various errors when trying to convert to MP3 on older versions of Windows, such as "Problem interpreting Input.txt, quitting."
- Fixed: If rendering to "WMA (lossless)", the output file would not be lossless.
- Fixed: No error message was shown if failing to convert audio to MP3, M4A, or WMA.
- Fixed: Batch feature was missing from the Render to Audio File dialog.
- Fixed: Rendering video might fail (freeze at finalizing stage) for various layouts.
- Fixed: Trying to render Video RealTracks would fail if the RealTracks were set to Direct Input mode.
- Fixed: The New Features menu was showing 2017 new features.
- Fixed: The PDF manuals would not launch.
- Added: "Open abc Notation music file" menu item is added to the file open menu.
PG Music Inc.
RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!
Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!
Watch the video.
Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021!
Check out some of the latest Band-in-a-Box® feedback we've received:
"There's a saying 'Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.' That's exactly what my friend did in 1990. He taught me how to use BIAB and I've used it hundreds of time to do arraignment and to jam with any style band."
"Love BIAB. I use it daily. Their support is great too!"
"RealTracks are amazing!!! I use BIAB for backtracks in my solo act... Still using the basic package and it's all need..."
"I have used Band in A Box for many years. If it would have been around when I was young, I would have been a much better musician. I use it for all my songs I have written and recorded. With Band In A Box I can sit in my room and sound like a whole band without having to put up with them!"
"If you know something about music and take the time to learn the program, you can make it do some amazing things. It is a great help to songwriters who want to demo their song without paying for studio time. It makes changes and tweaks much easier as well."
"Been using it for so many years. It's a great tool. The instruments that I don't have or play make up the void and it saves so much time. I use this program for every song I write."
"Great tool for the songwriter!"
"An essential part of my studio! I write songs on piano, but I'm not a pianist by a long way. BIAB is like having a roomful of session players in your studio, and just the simple act of taking your basic idea and hearing a skilled pianist play it presents so many new ideas and options you hadn't thought of."
"Powerful, easy to use, inexpensive and they even split the modest payments up if you want. No complaints. Lots of satisfaction."
"I added a steel guitar to a fully produced original. He followed every change like he was in the studio reading the chart. Fascinating technology!"
"I have used it to make backing tracks for six CD's with about 12 songs on each. They make a great gift!"
"It's simply a necessity - buy it now - the staff and support do a great job as well!"
"A great tool for us songwriters!"
"I LOVE Band-in-a-Box!"
"I see it as a very worthwhile investment. In fact, from initial purchase about 8 years ago, using the backing tracks I have made, my income from that investment has returned over 5,000% on the investment!"
Do you have something to say about Band-in-a-Box®? Post your own thoughts for Windows or Mac version today!
Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT
Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!
Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software
A few of my favorite statements:
"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."
(I think our name was a great start!)
"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."
"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."
#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!
Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?
VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!
Read this handy trick.
Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!
Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!
Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche
Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)
Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?
Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!
Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource
Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!
Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual
Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!
Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM