#457738 - 02/15/18 03:49 PM
[Band-in-a-Box for Windows]
Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 513 Update (Feb 20)
PG Music Staff
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018Download the Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 513 update
This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2018 build.Summary of changes for Build 513
since 512 (Feb 20 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 512
- Fixed: When recording audio using Windows Audio Session (WAS) audio driver, there would be a stream read error when keeping the take.
since 510 (Feb 15 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 510
- Fixed: Mixer changes were not undoable, and would not cause user to be prompted to save their song when exiting.
- Fixed: After returning Band-in-a-Box to factory settings the File Open dialog would default to the bb\Data\Lib directory.
- Fixed: The audio latency setting would increase every time leaving the Windows Audio Devices dialog.
- Fixed: Choosing a custom chord sheet font would ignore any color choice made in the font selection dialog.
- Fixed: Exporting a MIDI file might cause the error, "MIDIConv.exe no found".
- Fixed: "Load SoundTrack Song" and "Load song with RealDrums Audio" buttons in the Sound Track dialog were not working.
- Fixed: The Download Manager folder name defaulted to 2016 instead of 2018.
- Updated: Help file.
- Fixed: Static in RT2438 and other various RealTracks fixes.
- Fixed: StylePicker database various updates. Some styles were displaying the wrong feel (swing/even) in notation. A few styles incorrectly showed missing Drums.
- Fixed: Drum names were sometimes truncated in the RealDrums MultiDrums and Quicklist dialogs.
since 509 (Jan 26 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 509
- Fixed: The old drop station image was used if loading a custom skin.
- Improved: The drop station plus dialog will warn you if you do not select any file formats.
- Fixed: Some audio devices would fail to connect when using a WAS (Windows Audio Session) driver.
- Fixed: The file open dialog would not filter file types.
- Fixed: New In 2018 menu item on the Category menu in stylePicker does nothing.
- Fixed: Opening a .pat patch map file should start looking in the Synth Kits directory.
- Fixed: The [Demos...] button in the RealTracks Settings dialog did not work.
- Fixed: Tip of the day wasn't showing new tips.
- Updated: 2018 user's guide.
- Improved: New ABC notation features have been added:
- Voice Overlay
- Multiple Voices
- Grace Notes
- Free Meter
- Complex Time Signatures
- Lyrics (In Bar, Leica)
- Modal Key Signatures
since 508 (Jan 15 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 508
- Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
- Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
- Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
- Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
- Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
- Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.
- Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
- Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
- Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
- Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
- Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
since 507 (Dec 22 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 507
- Fixed: Songs might not load with tone and reverb settings.
- Fixed: Rendering Video RealTracks would fail if Windows was not set to an English locale.
- Fixed: exception in StylePicker routine to find similar styles (menu [Action] mark as prototype command).
- Fixed: Tracks that have video available are not labeled with "[V]" unless "Auto-Generate Track Labels" is enabled.
- Fixed: The Help button in the Save ABC notation dialog did not work.
- Updated: Artist bios.
since 506 (Dec 18 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 506
- Fixed: Using File | Open to open an audio file would not load the audio file.
- Fixed: The audio track was not being included in rendered videos.
- Fixed: When using the "One file per track" setting in the Render dialog, each track's file is not named properly.
- Fixed: If video rendering failed, the process would not stop and there was no error message.
- Fixed: It was not possible to cancel video rendering.
- Fixed: Repeats/endings were not implemented for XML and ABC notation.
- Fixed: Saving XML file with 3 divisions per notation beat could result in rests on the wrong clef.
- Fixed: Playing a demo in the RealTracks Picker might cause an access violation.
- Added: Style Demos from Third Party Sources, or for any UserCreated style now found if placed in Demos\MIDI Style Demos\ folder.
- Fixed: Playing a demo in the RealTracks Picker might cause an access violation.
- Fixed: The StylePicker was not finding demos in "Drums - Demos".
- Improved: Background Vocals RealTracks.
since 505 (Dec 13 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 505
- Fixed: Deleting a region of chords would cause "Undo Delete Bars" to appear in the Edit menu, but do nothing unless chosen twice.
- Fixed: Sometimes when deleting a note in the notation window, you will be asked "OK to delete chord".
- Fixed: "K3" did not work in the chord sheet for copying 3 bars (8 bars would be copied instead).
- Fixed: The "Show Flash Tips" setting did not have any effect when disabled.
- Fixed: Flash messages were not being added to the flash message log.
- Fixed: Error "Input and output sample rates must match" might show when the devices do have matching sample rates.
- Added: "Export Song as Audio File..." menu item has been added to the Audio menu.
- Fixed: Rendering .m4a or video files might fail and request that the user install QuickTime if using Windows 7. QuickTime should only be necessary for Windows Vista or XP.
- Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box was in DAW Plugin mode while exiting, the window size was not restored the next time opening the program.
- Fixed: When exiting DAW Plugin mode, the window would not return to its previous size (it would become maximized).
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box will not open using the proper window size if the Mixer window was open while exiting.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box always opens with a maximized window briefly before resizing to the user's saved size.
- Fixed: Some of the Oohs and Aahs (Vocal) RealTracks were not working correctly, and they have been greatly improved.
- Updated: Various improvements (including Db offset adjustments) to many of the new STY files and .SGU demos included with RealTracks Sets 278-300.
- Added: New styles (STY files) for many of the new RealTracks in Sets 278-300 and MIDI SuperTracks sets 25-27.
- Added: StylePicker User Categories updated for Xtra Styles PAK 4.
- Added: BB2018 tutorials folder.
- Updated: Styles database
- Fixed: WashboardBluegrass drums.
since 504 (Dec 7 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 504
- Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
- Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
- Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
- Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
- Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
- Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
- Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
- Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
- Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
- Updated: Help file and manuals.
- Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.
since 503 (Dec 1 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 503
- Updated: Help file and Manuals.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Save ABC notation dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the RealDrums Quick dialog.
- Added: A Quality selector has been added to the Render to Audio File dialog. This lets you select a bit rate for compressed audio types (M4A, MP3, WMA).
- Fixed: Clicking on flash messages should not deactivate the main window.
- Fixed: Green flash messages would sometimes not perform any action when clicked on, or perform the wrong action.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash if opening an ABC notation file that is not properly formatted.
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - improved behaviour of the Clear button
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - spelling of some subgenres fixed
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - 100 song titles added, total now 10,306
- Fixed: StylePicker - using mixer menu to customize style now filters according to selected style, not song's style
- Fixed: StylePicker - Save As Style feature improved
- Fixed: StylePicker - Generate button removed from Best Soloists dialog if launched from the StylePicker
- Fixed: RealDrums and RealDrums QuickList - some demos were not playing variations.
- Fixed: Sometimes loss of RealTracks folder locations.
- Fixed: What addons dialog not showing MIDI Soloists correctly.
(since 501) (Nov 29 2017):
- Fixed: Converting to WMA would create a truncated file (too short).
- Fixed: Videos & M4A files might have a pop noise at the beginning and end.
- Improved: Better MP3 suport for Windows 7 and Windows XP.
- Fixed: The Title Generator would not launch.
- Added: Menu item for opening ABC notation files has been added to the File > Open Special menu.
- Fixed: There were no hints in the Audio Harmony dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Generate Video dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
- Added. Help button has been added to the Windows Audio Session devices dialog.
- Fixed: "Display warnings for detected audio stuttering" check box in the Audio Settings dialog should only be visible when using MME audio drivers.
- Fixed: Converting to MP3, M4A, or WMA might fail if using older versions of Windows.
- Fixed: Various errors when trying to convert to MP3 on older versions of Windows, such as "Problem interpreting Input.txt, quitting."
- Fixed: If rendering to "WMA (lossless)", the output file would not be lossless.
- Fixed: No error message was shown if failing to convert audio to MP3, M4A, or WMA.
- Fixed: Batch feature was missing from the Render to Audio File dialog.
- Fixed: Rendering video might fail (freeze at finalizing stage) for various layouts.
- Fixed: Trying to render Video RealTracks would fail if the RealTracks were set to Direct Input mode.
- Fixed: The New Features menu was showing 2017 new features.
- Fixed: The PDF manuals would not launch.
- Added: "Open abc Notation music file" menu item is added to the file open menu.
PG Music Inc.
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!
There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.
We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size
Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements
The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!
With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.
Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker
You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.
RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!
Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download
Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!
We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!
What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!
It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!
Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!
Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...
We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.
RealBand 2019 - A New Look!
Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.
See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.
Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM