Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#456317 - 02/07/18 03:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: Steve Young]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Lawrence (and Richard),

Delicious lyrics. A delightful write. Awesome vocal (of course).

That funky e piano is very cool. Great groove to this. Nice mix.

Worth several listens...

fj

Floyd pretty much said it for me. Great job!

Steve
Thank you listening and for the kind words.

#456372 - 02/08/18 02:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Lawrence / Richard,

Outstanding song! Love the delivery Lawrence - a great arrangement and vocal.

Bob

#456401 - 02/08/18 05:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Nice bluesy vocal. The lyrics are fun filled and inspired. You even included one of my current favorite words, the wonderfully descriptive-"wonky". Great mix. I enjoyed it all. Tom

#456850 - 02/10/18 03:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! The mixing job here is superb - the way all the instrument blend together is flawless and cohesive. Not to mention, your vocal performance here is absolutely perfect. It's perfectly catchy as well. I wouldn't bat an eyelash hearing this on the radio.

Great job - thanks for sharing smile
Thank you for listening and for the kind comments.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Lawrence,

What a cool song. Love everything about it. That chord structure/pattern is killer! Your vocals are always great. This is really cool!

Alan
Thank you Alan it's much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
That was a good one Lawrence! You ALWAYS deliver a great vocal! Thanks, Torrey
Thank you Torrey. Your music is rockin!

Originally Posted By: edshaw
That's great. Sure would like to hear you talk
more about the way you accomplish this.
(Way over my head.)
It's all in the use of Aux bus separation. Grouping instrument sends to a different buses by side vs middle and then sending different reverbs to each bus to taste. I'll expand on the recording forum.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"You’re a sneeze lingering just inside my nose" has been mentioned multiple times but that's a "run off the road" line!

We recognized that Jack Pearson RT right from the git go. One of the more under rated blues guitarists around IMO.

Just how many cool lines can you pack in one song man?

Top vocal as always and the piano really lays down the feel.

Your mixing experimentations far exceed mine but whatever you did resulted in a mix that sounds top notch on our monitors. The soundstage is laid out so well.

Kudos Mr Gruve!

J&B

Thank you both so much. I'm experimenting with separating the soundstage by using different verbs to instruments busses group by panning. So all my panned instruments go to one bus and I (am currently- it's a work in progress) might send a spring-like verb with short decay to it. Then my middle instruments (minus drums and bass) I send a more traditional room or hall type verb to taste. Then eq the reverbs to each other to minimize over-stepping frequencies. I'll write this out in the recording forum.

And thank you again!

#457725 - 02/15/18 01:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: tommyad]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Lawrence / Richard,

Outstanding song! Love the delivery Lawrence - a great arrangement and vocal.

Bob
Thank you Bob. Your comments are much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Nice bluesy vocal. The lyrics are fun filled and inspired. You even included one of my current favorite words, the wonderfully descriptive-"wonky". Great mix. I enjoyed it all. Tom
Thank you Tom. Don't you love it when you have a song where you can use a word like "wonky"!

#457775 - 02/16/18 01:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man, so good! Lyrics are great, can't add anything more that has already been said. Great vocal and groove.

Cool mix too, the way you have everything panned, definitely a headphone listen!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#457947 - 02/17/18 08:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: BlueAttitude]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, so good! Lyrics are great, can't add anything more that has already been said. Great vocal and groove.

Cool mix too, the way you have everything panned, definitely a headphone listen!

Dave, thank you for listening and commenting. I'm glad you liked it.

#458009 - 02/17/18 02:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: gruverider]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Lawrence,

That new technique of yours works out fine!
Very cool lyrics (of both of you).
The funky piano is great.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#458088 - 02/18/18 01:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: RnAM]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Lawrence,

That new technique of yours works out fine!
Very cool lyrics (of both of you).
The funky piano is great.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Thank you for the kind words. Always good to hear from you.

#458143 - 02/18/18 05:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I'm late getting here but I'm that I made it! This is one hell of a great song. It's all been said, vocals, lyrics, mix etc, so all I can add is this is funk at its best.

This is a keeper for sure!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#458169 - 02/18/18 10:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: MarioD]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I'm late getting here but I'm that I made it! This is one hell of a great song. It's all been said, vocals, lyrics, mix etc, so all I can add is this is funk at its best.

This is a keeper for sure!
Thank you Mario!

#458612 - 02/21/18 02:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Lawrence (and Richard),

Worth several listens...

fj

YES!!! Loved that EP, and you're one of the best singers I've heard in years, on or off the forum! Great stuff guys!! Take care. Greg

#458690 - 02/22/18 02:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: gruverider]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Lawrence / Richard,

This is just great! I really like what you have done with the mix here - so clean with great separation.

Excellent!

Bob

#458761 - 02/22/18 02:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: rsdean]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Lawrence (and Richard),

Worth several listens...

fj

YES!!! Loved that EP, and you're one of the best singers I've heard in years, on or off the forum! Great stuff guys!! Take care. Greg
Thank you very much Greg. When are we going to hear some new songs from you? It's always good to hear from you.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Lawrence / Richard,

This is just great! I really like what you have done with the mix here - so clean with great separation.

Excellent!

Bob
Thank you again Bob. Glad you liked it.

#459906 - 03/01/18 11:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Lawrence

Very fun and funky song! Delightful!
Awesome vocal as usual!
Vintage elec. piano sounds very good!
Guitar play is also very nice.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#460026 - 03/02/18 02:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: animarorecords]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Lawrence

Very fun and funky song! Delightful!
Awesome vocal as usual!
Vintage elec. piano sounds very good!
Guitar play is also very nice.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Thank you. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. It was a fun write.

#460065 - 03/02/18 06:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: gruverider]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Okay how do you know my husband? LOL! This is seriously good. Wonderfully fun and topped off with a vocal that totally sells it.

#460212 - 03/03/18 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: What'd I Ever Do Without You [Re: Sundance]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Okay how do you know my husband? LOL! This is seriously good. Wonderfully fun and topped off with a vocal that totally sells it.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. And it's good to see you around again. I look forward to hearing some more songs from you. smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Forum Stats
28464 Members
58 Forums
55327 Topics
461046 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
herk, ketas, Lame Newbie, Hennryparth, fontenay

28463 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 396
Pipeline 337