Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - what a tune! There isn't anything I didn't enjoy about this. It's wonderfully catchy, got a great groove, and both of your vocal performances are seriously on point. I'm getting a Highwayman sort of vibe here - which is definitely a good thing in my books. It showcases a clear understanding of songwriting, and is overall just a great tune.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

Thanks Deryk. We had a blast working with Tom and floyd on this!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Happy Birthday gentleman !

Wonderful all around by everyone

you guys are the high shining beacon of light!

great musicians, super song

enjoyed,

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice, Bud, Tom and floyd,

'Outstanding' is a word that I regularly type when I respond to one of your posts on the forum. It seems that no matter how much I use it, though, this word never gets tired in my mind. Time after time, the compositions, performances and productions that are left in the wake of each of your individual creativities are outstanding. And with "Pier Pressure", yet again you've all comfortably jumped that often admired bar of achievement that separates the 'cream of the crop' from the 'rest of world'. I sit here at my computer in Australia and marvel at the consistency of your work.

The lyrics and the lyric flow are fantastic! I don't know how these words grew but the finished product travels along like greased lightning and with highly focused attention to lyric detail. I loved the way that the pun 'pier/peer pressure' developed.

In these lyrics, what stood out most to me was the way with which the inner rhymes worked in conjunction with the end-of-line rhymes and accented that laid-back, rock-meets-swing lilt that's often found in Caribbean/Island styled music. That...

• A A
    B
    C C
    B

...rhyme pattern found in the first four lines of each of the verses is the stuff of genius. This pattern also helps to drive the tongue-in-cheek humour that radiates from these words.

Something that I discovered a while back but have never tried is that if rhymes are plentiful and happen in quick succession, they can enhance any comedy that's present in the words. The master of this technique was Cole Porter. Have a look at and listen to his lyrics for "Your The Top" (Youtube link) and I think you'll see what I mean. While Porter also uses clever lists that anticlimax (i.e. Mickey Mouse, cellophane, etc.) to deliver laughs, rhyme-flow is the generator that paces and powers the lyric humour.

Originally Posted By: Cole Porter
(a lyric excerpt)

You're the top! You're the Colosseum,
You're the top! You're the Louvre Museum,
You're a melody from a symphony by Strauss,
You're a Bendel bonnet, a Shakespeare sonnet,
You're Mickey Mouse.

You're the Nile, You're the Tower of Pisa,
You're the smile on the Mona Lisa.
I'm a worthless check, a total wreck, a flop,
But baby, if I'm the bottom,
You're the top!

(Full lyrics found here)

As I see it... with "Pier Pressure", just like Cole Porter, Merritt/Adams/Jane have shown us all how it's done! Outstanding!

Last, and most important... Tom and floyd, I wish you both a sincere and enthusiastic...

...may you enjoy many, many more as you both march forth into the years to come! (Thanks for the 'march forth' pun, Tom, I'd never have stumbled onto it myself.)

Best wishes to everyone,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Sometimes the stars align perfectly in the sky over the Pier called Mallory Square. The right day, the right beer and the right group of friends. Magic happens.

For those stars to be the BIAB Forum superstars, B&J, Tom and Floyd and on their BIRTHDAY to boot ---

Nothing else could come of such a happening except the perfect song to commemorate it.

Excellent job and enjoyable song to listen to this morning.

Happy Birthday to you guys and thanks for sharing it with us in song....

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 03/04/18 01:34 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
This is such a cool way to celebrate a birthday together! You guys did a really great job on the vocal performances. Happy birthday guys (a few days early), and hope it treats you well!
Ember, Thanks for listening and for the birthday wishes, Tom
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Happy Birthday fellow March babies! Made me smile! Always up for some Jimmy Buffet influenced island beer and snark. You three (four counting Bud) always sound good together. I enjoyed it a lot.
Well hey there March Mama, sure am glad you were able to check in on this one. It was fun for all of us, Tom
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom,floyd,Janice & Bud

Happy birthdays.

Well that was a treat. Great work from all involved. Super engaging, comfortable, catchy and fun.
Loved the mix of vocalists, lyrics, harmonies and and excellent backing track.
Top song.

Peter
Peter, We are glad you liked it. Your opinion is highly valued, Tom

Last edited by tommyad; 03/04/18 03:04 AM.
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Happy Birthday Tom and Floyd. Loved this tune. Super vocal and backtrack. Has the Jimmy Buffett feel.. Guitar was excellent.
Scott, Thanks for stopping by and giving it a spin. The guitar track was that Brent Mason nylon real track, one of our favorites, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Great collab y'all! And Happy Birthday!

Love the title, hook, mix, vocals, everything.

Just a great song. Love it!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Tom,Floyd,J&B,
Everything about this is kicking-back fun! Nice to hear the "brothers" trading verses and Janice adding her warmth on the chorus.
I love the humour in the lyrics- especially this nugget:
"I won't post what i eat
try not to tweet
and pull my hat down low"
Jimmy Buffet`s got nothing on you guys - Happy Birthday!

Robert

Hey Robert, you can throw some ideas at Tom or floyd and, man, they're off and running. I was thrilled to be along for the ride. smile

Bud

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Cool collaboration. It has a lovely island vibe that would make Jimmy Buffet smile. Now I need some rum. Cheers and Happy Birthday.
SD, Thanks for the birthday wishes and thanks for dropping by, Tom
Originally Posted By: Mikke - PG Music
I came for the Pun, I stayed for the song.
I can see by your signature line you enjoy a good pun. Thanks for listening, Tom
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Some really cool TROP-ROCK.

This has a definite Jimmy Buffet sound, groove, vibe, to it.

It was so good I had to go back for another round. I have a few Corona's in the fridge.... kinda makes me wanna grab one.

I love the twist of the phrase...... pier pressure. Perfect.
Herb, We're glad you liked it, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A late Happy Birthday to both of you. Mine is coming up real soon - March 22. I'll be 71 - yikes!!!

Love when the birthday guys give us a gift, and such a great one! never been to Key West but it's on my bucket list! great job on this - lots of fun and some great entertainment.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
@Sundance - thanks...

@Peter - thanks for all of that from all of us...

@Scott - thanks for having a listen...

@Samuel - appreciate the listen...

@Mikke - HA!

@Herb - save one for us!

@Richard - thanks fro the thumbs...

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Great song, puts me on the beach laying back in chair!!!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
This is such a cool way to celebrate a birthday together! You guys did a really great job on the vocal performances. Happy birthday guys (a few days early), and hope it treats you well!

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Happy Birthday fellow March babies! Made me smile! Always up for some Jimmy Buffet influenced island beer and snark. You three (four counting Bud) always sound good together. I enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks y’all. Janice enjoyed singing on the project and I had a blast writing with these guys. I learned a lot.

Bud

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac

All very together (prosody).

Very good lyrics and sentiments to live by.
I could imagine this as part of Jimmy B's repertoire.
Not that it needs any improving.
Great as it is.
Thumbs up.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot, Tom
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I love birthdays where you give gifts to us. Like Josie, it made me smile, too. laugh
Thanks David. We had a lot of fun with this one, Tom
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Tom, floyd, Janice & Bud,

A very nice collaboration!
Super vocals and harmonies!
It is very well mixed everywhere.
Very comfortable!
I have little knowledge about island style, but it is a very happy and good sound.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.
Happy birthday, Tom and floyd,

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Shigeki Adachi, Thank you for the nice comments and the birthday wishes, Tom
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Happy birthday Tommy and Floyd!
Nice song too!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Thanks, We appreciate it, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
@David - smile

@Shigeki Adachi - we all say "Thanks!"

@RnAM - glad y'all stopped by...

@Kenny - good to see you!

@Noel - We ALL LOVE! to be compared to Cole Porter!!!! smile smile smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom,floyd,Janice & Bud

Happy birthdays.

Well that was a treat. Great work from all involved. Super engaging, comfortable, catchy and fun.
Loved the mix of vocalists, lyrics, harmonies and and excellent backing track.
Top song.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I got lucky with this one. Nearly tossed the idea. These guys turned it into a real song!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Happy Birthday Tom and Floyd. Loved this tune. Super vocal and backtrack. Has the Jimmy Buffett feel.. Guitar was excellent.

Thanks Scott...yep, it has Buffett written all over it!

J&B

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Happy Birthday gentleman !

Wonderful all around by everyone

you guys are the high shining beacon of light!

great musicians, super song

enjoyed,

Kenny
Thanks Kenny, Glad to hear from you, Tom
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Janice, Bud, Tom and floyd,

'Outstanding' is a word that I regularly type when I respond to one of your posts on the forum. It seems that no matter how much I use it, though, this word never gets tired in my mind. Time after time, the compositions, performances and productions that are left in the wake of each of your individual creativities are outstanding. And with "Pier Pressure", yet again you've all comfortably jumped that often admired bar of achievement that separates the 'cream of the crop' from the 'rest of world'. I sit here at my computer in Australia and marvel at the consistency of your work.

The lyrics and the lyric flow are fantastic! I don't know how these words grew but the finished product travels along like greased lightning and with highly focused attention to lyric detail. I loved the way that the pun 'pier/peer pressure' developed.

In these lyrics, what stood out most to me was the way with which the inner rhymes worked in conjunction with the end-of-line rhymes and accented that laid-back, rock-meets-swing lilt that's often found in Caribbean/Island styled music. That...

• A A
    B
    C C
    B

...rhyme pattern found in the first four lines of each of the verses is the stuff of genius. This pattern also helps to drive the tongue-in-cheek humour that radiates from these words.

Something that I discovered a while back but have never tried is that if rhymes are plentiful and happen in quick succession, they can enhance any comedy that's present in the words. The master of this technique was Cole Porter. Have a look at and listen to his lyrics for "Your The Top" (Youtube link) and I think you'll see what I mean. While Porter also uses clever lists that anticlimax (i.e. Mickey Mouse, cellophane, etc.) to deliver laughs, rhyme-flow is the generator that paces and powers the lyric humour.

Originally Posted By: Cole Porter
(a lyric excerpt)

You're the top! You're the Colosseum,
You're the top! You're the Louvre Museum,
You're a melody from a symphony by Strauss,
You're a Bendel bonnet, a Shakespeare sonnet,
You're Mickey Mouse.

You're the Nile, You're the Tower of Pisa,
You're the smile on the Mona Lisa.
I'm a worthless check, a total wreck, a flop,
But baby, if I'm the bottom,
You're the top!

(Full lyrics found here)

As I see it... with "Pier Pressure", just like Cole Porter, Merritt/Adams/Jane have shown us all how it's done! Outstanding!

Last, and most important... Tom and floyd, I wish you both a sincere and enthusiastic...

...may you enjoy many, many more as you both march forth into the years to come! (Thanks for the 'march forth' pun, Tom, I'd never have stumbled onto it myself.)

Best wishes to everyone,
Noel
Noel, Your reviews are always so informative and educational. We all are thankful for your kind words and your willingness to share your knowledge, Tom
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Sometimes the stars align perfectly in the sky over the Pier called Mallory Square. The right day, the right beer and the right group of friends. Magic happens.

For those stars to be the BIAB Forum superstars, B&J, Tom and Floyd and on their BIRTHDAY to boot ---

Nothing else could come of such a happening except the perfect song to commemorate it.

Excellent job and enjoyable song to listen to this morning.

Happy Birthday to you guys and thanks for sharing it with us in song....
Charlie, Thank you so much for your extremely generous comments. We are very appreciative, Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Great collab y'all! And Happy Birthday!

Love the title, hook, mix, vocals, everything.

Just a great song. Love it!
David, Thanks. Glad you liked it, Tom
Originally Posted By: Al-David
A late Happy Birthday to both of you. Mine is coming up real soon - March 22. I'll be 71 - yikes!!!

Love when the birthday guys give us a gift, and such a great one! never been to Key West but it's on my bucket list! great job on this - lots of fun and some great entertainment.

Alan
Alan, Thanks for dropping by and giving it a spin, Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: cliftond
Great song, puts me on the beach laying back in chair!!!!

cliftond, Thanks for listening and commenting, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
All, great song! Very clever and wonderful production / delivery.

Enjoyed!

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,468
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195