Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#461076 - 03/08/18 12:01 AM [User Showcase] “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, forum friends.

In January of this year we had a project to make songs to Joanne's lyrics “The Paradox Of You” in this forum, and I also participated in it with a vocaloid Avanna’s vocal.
To my great honor, Joanne herself has decided to sing my version.
As FAWM was over she can take time to record her vocal.
The recording was completed the other day, so I would like to introduce it to you.
Joanne was a little worried that she had not a jazz type voice, but I think she presented a wonderful vocal.
Any comments encouraged.
Always welcome.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Vocal: Joanne Cooper

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/animarorecords/the-paradox-of-you-joanne-version

Style is _ALLEYS [Alleys Electro Bossa Soul Rhythm]
RealTracks in style: ~921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 920:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Rumba Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 2818:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm GospelSoul8thsBrent Ev16 110
Loop in Song: House-Techno-Trance/House - crunchy_120_drums ev16.wav
RealDrums: RealDrums in Style: BossaRockFull^2-a:Brushes , b:HiHat
Guitar Solo: 2817:Guitar, Electric, Soloist SmoothSoulFast16thsBrent Ev16 110

The Paradox of You
(J. Cooper – S. Adachi)

Listening to the pouring rain
I know the sun will come
Light from dark and dry from wet
When wintertime is done

I see myself as the earth
And you the vast blue sky
Sometimes I keep you grounded
And you just let me fly

You are my true harmony
the balance that I find
through the windows of my days
In corners of my mind

Sometimes you’re the thick and long roots
growing in the night
Sometimes I’m the brilliant green leaves
bathing in your light

I love it when we talk
I love the silence too
I love the yin and yang of life
The paradox of you

You are just my harmony
the balance that I find
through the windows of my days
In corners of my mind

Sometimes you’re the thick and long roots
growing in the night
Sometimes I’m the brilliant green leaves
bathing in your light

In and out, hot and cold
Fear and courage, young and old
Good and bad, salty sweet
Up and down, messy neat

I love it when we talk
I love the silence too
I love the yin and yang of life
The paradox of you

Listening to the pouring rain
I know the sun will come
Light from dark and dry from wet
When wintertime is done

I see myself as the earth
And you the vast blue sky
Sometimes I keep you grounded
And you just let me fly

#461099 - 03/08/18 04:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Montréal Quebec Canada
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Montréal Quebec Canada
Hi Shigeki Adachi

Joanne Cooper has a nice rhythmic
vocaloid voice. Song flows nicely.
Great project keep up the good work!

#461127 - 03/08/18 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - you did an unreal job on this one, animarorecords! The groove, and the way everything flows together is superb. It is super catchy, in the best possible way. You got my toe tapping in about 10 seconds with this one. After a few listens I could imagine myself singing along too.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile

#461200 - 03/08/18 03:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Shigeki

I think you have accidentally linked this to the Vocaloid version - doesn't sound like Joanne.

Peter

#461208 - 03/08/18 05:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: PeterF]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Peter

Thank you very much for informing me about the wrong version.
I'm so sorry I uploaded the wrong file to Soundcloud by mistake.
I replaced it with a correct sound source immediately.
The link is the same as it is, but now the correct sound source will be played.
If you do not mind, please listen to the correct version of Joanne once again.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461209 - 03/08/18 05:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, LPman

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
But, I'm so sorry I uploaded the wrong file sung by vocaloid, Avanna to Soundcloud by mistake.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461210 - 03/08/18 05:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Deryk

Thank you very much for really nice comment.
But, I'm so sorry I uploaded the wrong file sung by vocaloid, Avanna to Soundcloud by mistake.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461233 - 03/08/18 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Shigeki & Joanne,
This was such lovely jazzy interpretation of the lyrics- it was good in the vocaloid version, now its much better!
Joanne`s vocal shows how classy the tune is... like something from a romantic 50`s movie.
I hope you get together again!

Robert

#461264 - 03/09/18 12:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Shigeki & Joanne

Very nice work - lovely arrangement and backing - nice to hear Joanne sing another version of her song.
Excellent work.

Peter

#461288 - 03/09/18 06:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Joanne's voice brings additional warmth to the already warm atmosphere of the song. Excellent version.

Janne

#461400 - 03/09/18 07:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great collaboration and arrangement. This is my favorite version to date. Enjoyed my listen and was pleased how well Joanne embraced doing a version a bit different than normal. Well done.

#461403 - 03/09/18 08:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Thank you Shigeki for this wonderful version of the song. I had a lot of fun recording the vocal. Great job!

#461541 - 03/10/18 09:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Robert

I am always very encouraged by your nice words.
After all the human voice is amazing.
Since it is not always possible to get in touch with vocalists, I often make a vocaloid version first.
But if I later replace it with an actual voice of a vocalist, I myself am always be deeply impressed by the warmth.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461542 - 03/10/18 09:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Peter

Thank you very much for listening to the correct version of Joanne once again.
Yes, Joanne is a really good vocalist.
I am very glad you like this tune.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461543 - 03/10/18 09:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Janne

Yes, Joanne's voice certainly brings additional warmth to this tune.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461544 - 03/10/18 09:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Charlie

I am very glad to hear this is your favorite version to date.
I also think Joanne embraced doing a version a bit different than normal.
She was a little worried about that, but she presented a wonderful vocal.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461545 - 03/10/18 09:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Hello, Joanne

Thank you very much for your vocal recording.
I much appreciate it.
I believe it was a really nice completion.
I think you are a wonderful vocalist who can handle any type of song.
Thank you again for your working on my version.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461549 - 03/11/18 12:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Shigeki Adachi and Joanne,

I'm really enjoying the listen.

As I'm sitting here tapping my feet and typing in time to the music, I'm smiling at the arrangement, Joanne's vocals and the way that the whole package is put together. It's definitely a creation that both of you can comfortably feel proud of.

All the best,
Noel

#461618 - 03/11/18 01:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Shigeki Adachi and Joanne,

A very nice collaboration. A very pleasant listen.

Well done. Good mix!

fj

#461688 - 03/11/18 05:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: “The Paradox Of You” 6th version, this time with Joanne Coopers's vocal [Re: animarorecords]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nice!! I did not know Joanne could sing Jazz. The melody is another classic...so sweet and memorable! Jazz guitar is nice but maybe a bit loud before the solo. Great collab guys!! Take care. Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

Forum Stats
28403 Members
58 Forums
55135 Topics
459162 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Jurassic, Derek Deatherage, otcpub, MhH, jojolapraline

28403 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 329
Pipeline 309