Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
For those who remember to the beginning of this decade, around 2010-11 there was this advance in the RT's which gave us what they called Multistyles (look for examples in that folder within RT Demos folder) that included more than the standard A & B part markers (with different results for each).
But instead of that then going forward to the next logical step of finally letting go of that vastly outdated "2-part Jazz" concept and carry on making the RT's that would follow have more than just A & B, this concept never went anywhere and just died out and faded away smirk

My proposal is thus: All RT's need to be adjusted for a minimum of three part markers! The tech is already in place, so this is just the labour left to do.

p.s. And yes, I fully realise the irony of saying "just" the labour left, when were already hundreds of RT's in, but that's PG's own fault for (yet again) not following through on a good concept from the get go.

Thank goodness words aren't knives.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
PGMusic provided a handful of multi-styles (but they are by two's, as it's based on linking styles together such that the second file becomes C and D, the third file becomes E and F, etc). MultiStyles have now been around since version 2008 for Wondows.

I could be wrong (PGMusic would have to answer), but I don't think the intent was for them to release the Multi-styles, but for us to figure out the multiple styles that worked together for us and create our own.

But to your point, I agree that it would be great if PGMusic actually released more Multi-Styles. They have gone through and created three sets of XTRA styles now (by mixing and matching existing RealTracks into new and creative "band sounds"). Why not extend it to create multistyles based on creative ways of mixing and matching RealTracks. And then going forward, why not record the artists playing different variations of a style so that it can be packaged as a multistyle provided by PGMusic.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1.

RealTracks, and RealDrums, are a huge success for PG Music. Any new feature that can increase or continue product development is worth continued support.

Now, look at it through PG Music's window. Did PG Music see links to numerous multi-style songs posted in the User Showcase? Did PG Music read many pro or con comments in the forum regarding the feature? Was there any forum discussion regarding how to use the feature or how the feature helped inspire a song or how it changed, for better or worse, workflow? Did PG Support receive many inquiries about the feature? What have we done to show PG Music the feature is worth the time, effort and cost to continue adding feature capability?

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Good points there, Mr. Fogle, we all have been overlooking a great potential there. Even though recently the number of "more than 2" types of requests have been popping up (with topic variations talking about "verses", "choruses", "bridges" etc, all basically relating to the same core concept), there may not have been enough of that 'noise' from us users at the time, and now we're missing the speeding train smirk

There seems to have been a silent expectancy that PG would get there on their own initiative as a logical step from the Multistyle feature, or something. This just hasn't been the case - and for my money, that is a problem.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jford
....I don't think the intent was for them to release the Multi-styles, but for us to figure out the multiple styles that worked together for us and create our own.
Which is kinda hard when the default is set to two Part Markers, and the pre-existing Multistyles all have fixed configurations, i.e. if the user tries to set a 3rd type of part marker on any of them, a fixed thing happens that the user cannot change or re-define.

It's not the same as with the Xtra Styles at all smirk

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
It's not difficult at all to create multi-styles. You just identify the multiple styles you want to work together and then using the multi-style feature you link them together. That gets you A, B, C, D, etc. Or maybe this is something that was implemented differently in the Mac. I use existing PGMusic-provided and my own created multi-styles all the time. And then just select A, B, C, D, etc where I want it.

Or am I missing your point here.

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi all,

I will be making some MultiStyles for the upcoming Xtra PAK. Let me know if you have any specific requests.

Jareth
PG Music Inc.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Or am I missing your point here.
I think you are, but that's partly because I didn't realise you had in my last reply, so I missed your point back! crazy

Anyway, let me try this: I'm not talking about merely the ability to change from one style into another midways into a song, that is obviously quite easy via the Bar Settings. I'm talking about the need to abandon the outdated "one chorus that NOBODY BUT JAZZ PLAYERS CALLS A CHORUS, repeated with two types of intensity" rubbish structure that should be long dead and buried!
And my approach to make this change easier to implement, is by (starting with) adding a C Part Marker - to ANY AND ALL STYLES! That way you have an A Part that would work as the Verse, B Part as the Chorus (yes, that's a proper b**** chorus, damnit!!) and then the C Part Marker for the Bridge (could even function as some sort of Intro, wit some imaginative uses).

Hope that clears things up a bit better.

p.s. btw, We still can't redo RT styles and save as custom made style on Mac
p.s.p.s. And if you mention now the Conductor, I will scream! grin

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jareth - PG Music
Hi all,

I will be making some MultiStyles for the upcoming Xtra PAK. Let me know if you have any specific requests.
Anything that sounds like it's still the same song with the same band playing the same instruments for a section that is clearly neither the pattern of the Verse nor the Chorus, and you got my order right there! cool

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jareth - PG Music
Hi all,

I think this would be great. I've tried finding compatible styles to make my own, but it's harder than it looks. I might think I have a good match but then the piano changes from acoustic to electric etc.

My preferred multistyle would differ in intensity in each section. Even changing the drum pattern and kit can do a lot there, or adding a percussion instrument in a loop.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I won't mention the Conductor, as that's not a feature I use.

So what I hear you saying is the ability to easily break your song into individual verse(s), chorus(es), bridge(s), etc, (parts/subtypes) with common instrumentation, but playing appropriately to each part with the instruments your band brought, so it doesn't sound like all of a sudden Led Zeppelin came in the middle of a Frank Sinatra song.

John

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Bingo! cool

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
+10000000
Would be great for progrock-..

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
snip ... so it doesn't sound like all of a sudden Led Zeppelin came in the middle of a Frank Sinatra song.
But isn't that what happened on all those album orientated rock stations in the seventies? grin

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Hooked On Classics! smile

John

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,503
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195