Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#482456 - 07/19/18 06:36 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Josie, just had a listen to your song, twice actually smile
Excellent! Your vocals are fabulous and I like your arrangement too.
Well done!

Blue Attitude Website

#485228 - 08/09/18 10:21 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Online   content
Veteran

Here is our latest “cover in a week” with my friend Karen Wilmot. Made 100% with biab, which really is the most awesome tool for this. What I do is set up the song structure in Biab and then try out all sorts of different styles. I then pick one that I like and record the cover. With the “cover in a week” site they like it if you do something quite different from the original so you can try covering, say, a country song in a jazz style. Perfect fodder for Biab. Hope to catch some of your Biab covers on the site. Ps the next one is truly madly deeply by savage garden.

#485259 - 08/10/18 08:20 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

This is getting more and more infuriating!! mad

They still haven't shown any indication of my signing up at all, for neither of the emails I submitted. So I still don't fully know how to take part in this, let alone what projects are being asked for each week.
And I am NOT signing up to ruddy spyware FB just for these email-snatching twats - there has to be another way?!

Why the hell aren't they answering me back?!?

#486197 - 08/16/18 06:46 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Icelander, I used gmail. You might check your junk email folder to be sure.

#486198 - 08/16/18 06:48 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Great job to you too Joanne and thanks so much to all of you guys!

#486251 - 08/17/18 08:26 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: Sundance]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Icelander, I used gmail. You might check your junk email folder to be sure.
I had already thought of that, but no such luck. Which is precisely why I went in again with a completely different email, didn't get any response to that one either...and still haven't from either of my two additional direct email messages to them asking about it to boot.
I am very displeased!

Edited by Icelander (08/17/18 08:27 AM)
Edit Reason: correcting mistakes.

#487719 - 08/25/18 07:42 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Just did a search on spotify for Cover in a week. Very impressed. 3 volumes of songs. I counted no less than six great tracks from Joanne. The final mix for each volume is impressive. I wonder how they mastered all the tracks?
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#487722 - 08/25/18 08:00 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

How does one submit to their YT channel anyway, if anyone can elaborate on that? I know basically how to submit to my own, but to someone else's?? confused

#488126 - 08/27/18 11:13 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Veteran

New cover made with Band-in-a-Box, recorded, mixed and mastered in RealBand in a couple of hours on Sunday. It is definitely easier if you already know the song and this is one I absolutely love. Made the midi flute from my vocal using Melodyne.

PS Eddie. PM me your email address and I will email them and ask them to reply directly to you.

Edited by JoanneCooper (08/27/18 11:14 PM)

#488182 - 08/28/18 10:26 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
PS Eddie. PM me your email address and I will email them and ask them to reply directly to you.
Will do.

#488300 - 08/29/18 03:36 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: Icelander]
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Icelander
How does one submit to their YT channel anyway, if anyone can elaborate on that? I know basically how to submit to my own, but to someone else's?? confused

You upload the video or audio file of your cover song to the Cover in a Week website (they say a maximum of 500 MB) and then they put it on their Youtube channel. You should then share the link to the song on their channel on your social media. You may not release your recording of the song anywhere else (I think it is about for about 6 months).

They will let you know if they want the right to release the cover song on iTunes, Spotify etc via The Orchard. If they do want to release your cover they will let you know and you send them the final high quality wav file (via dropbox or wetransfer).

If they do release the song it will be on one of the "The best of Cover in a week" albums and The Orchard will organize all the required licenses and (eventually) Cover in a week will pay you 50% of the money they receive from The Orchard. They also say that you might get synch opportunities on the song but I have not received any yet.

I think Cover in a Week are also doing some promotion on the songs they release (at least I hope they are) as I got a message from a local radio station saying they were playing one of my covers on the radio and wanted to interview me as well.

Clear as mud?

#488323 - 08/29/18 07:18 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

How does one submit to their YT channel anyway...?
You upload the video or audio file of your cover song to the Cover in a Week website====then they put it on their Youtube channel.
Ah, that explains a lot right there, thanks!
I think Cover in a Week are also doing some promotion on the songs they release (at least I hope they are) as I got a message from a local radio station saying they were playing one of my covers on the radio and wanted to interview me as well.
Does that mean this whole thing is limited to american submissions?! I can't quite envision the scenario of some american radio station going to the lengths of interviewing some obscure nobody all the way up here, you know smirk

p.s. I've sent you that PM, btw. Thanks for offering to assist.

#488668 - 08/30/18 10:27 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: Icelander]
Veteran

Does that mean this whole thing is limited to american submissions?! I can't quite envision the scenario of some american radio station going to the lengths of interviewing some obscure nobody all the way up here, you know smirk.

No it is not restricted to American entries. I think the owners of “split sounds” which is the company that runs cover in a week are South African so probably know some of the South Africa djs.

#488974 - 09/02/18 07:36 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

You should then share the link to the song on their channel on your social media. You may not release your recording of the song anywhere else (I think it is about for about 6 months).
I'm not on any of those pryware places like facebook, instagram or twitter & whatever else there is out there, so my own YT channel would be my first choice. What about to my own YT channel, or does that count as a "release" and thus a violation?

I keep asking you about these things, btw, because they still haven't managed to reach me. I only knew about last week's song challenge because you told me, have no idea what's up next/now smirk

Edited by Icelander (09/02/18 07:39 AM)
Edit Reason: Correcting mistakes

#488979 - 09/02/18 09:03 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

New cover made with Band-in-a-Box
Props to you for not just doing a near-replica like I see all the others have.
I actually submitted my own take on this one. It's not up on their channel (yet), either because I missed the deadline or because my version is just too far out there laugh

EDIT: It's up now... quite a different take on the song, I know, but isn't that the whole point? wink

Edited by Icelander (09/04/18 09:31 AM)
Edit Reason: Further details

#489222 - 09/04/18 09:25 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

My first entry is up, whoo-hoo! laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=depg_5FEXAs

Edited by Icelander (09/04/18 09:27 AM)

#489264 - 09/04/18 05:25 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

Very Cool Icelander. It was worth the wait!
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#489267 - 09/04/18 05:43 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: lambada
Very Cool Icelander. It was worth the wait!
Oh phew, that's a relief! grin

Many thanks to JC for all the help, I literally couldn't have done it without her input smile

This was a lot of fun, I just might do another one, if they let me..and if I can find out their next songs ...

Edited by Icelander (09/04/18 06:39 PM)
Edit Reason: Correcting mistakes

#509512 - 12/14/18 11:12 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Cover in a week site [Re: JoanneCooper]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

They've finally added another of my submissions, yayh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-hXteQRyWU

p.s. Points if you can figure out from what other Beatles song I nicked the core bass line... wink

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Add-ons Special Almost Over! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

An Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is Here!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2020 update announcement is HUGE!

With this updated version, easily find your (purchased) Xtra Styles PAK 9 RealStyles in the updated StylePicker window, [ctrl] and [shift] shortcut keys will allow you to open your RealDrums picker and preferences windows with one 'click', there are improvements to Bar Based Lyric entry, stable playback of style demos, the UPDATED DAW Plugin is included, and more!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more!

We've made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Watch it...

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac b412 and download here.

Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and VST DAW Plugin for Windows!

Did you see the latest build update announcement for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows?

It’s PACKED with powerful updates, including additional RealCharts, improved RealStyles demos, language support, and significant additions and improvements to the DAW Plugin!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more! In fact, we’ve made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Click here to check it out.

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 b724 for Windows and download it here.

Forum Stats
32446 Members
68 Forums
65085 Topics
551428 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
newbestblog, Theresa Sundy, Jessica, BrianNC, Chr1st1os

32446 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 178
Jim Fogle 150