Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
E
edwardc Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hi, Everyone.

I purchased BIB and RB a long time ago. I opened up RB a number of times in the past, but BIB seemed to do everything I needed so I never really used RB. Recently, after seeing some vids on YouTube, I became interested in using RB and tried to open it, but got the message below.

Access violation at address 064125A9 in module 'Rdas1061.dll'.
Read of address 00000108 at: 064125A9.

The buttons in the dialog box don't respond, but I can close the box by clicking the close button.

I tried impoorting some data, but got the message below.

Access violation at address 059225A9 in module 'Rdas1061.dll'.
Read of address 00000108 at: 059225A9.

I noted similar cases in the past here, but not with the above addresses.

I tried simply closing the error dialog and importing some files, but after the import is complete the above message appears again, and RB freezes up.

When I select the program in task bar to close it, the message below appears.

You are attempting to quit the program during initialization. If you quit now, program will likely crash. Are you sure you want to quit?

Clicking the [Yes] button displays the message below.

Access violation at address 00483AE3 in module 'realband.exe'.
Read of address 000001B0 at: 00483AE3.

I am using RB Version 2014 (1) on a Windows 7 machine.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance,

EC

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Ideally, you should contact PG Music Support. They will probably present the best opportunity to assist you with such a problem.

Keep in mind that the version you are using is 4 years old, and support for that version may be limited in terms of reproducing your issue.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Edward,

Tagging on to Trevor's advice above, a couple of things that you can try in the meantime are...

1. Go to the URL below and download the latest update for Realband 2014. (It's the eighth in the list as the updates are listed for 2018 first and then 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014.)

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm

When you've download it, install it. (Check that the paths are correct when you get to that part of the installation.)

2. To start Realband, try right-clicking on the start-up shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator". (Using the "Run as administrator" mode often solves some problems.)

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Edward,

Though keeping RealBand updated is a good idea, it won't help with this problem, as this appears to be a driver issue.

That Rdas1061.dll file that's named as the culprit in the error message is the driver for a Roland interface. Was your Roland device connected when you opened RealBand? If it was, there's likely an issue with its driver, and reinstalling it should solve the problem.

If it wasn't connected, then connecting it and then opening RealBand again should solve the problem. If that's not possible, deleting the files "rb.cfg" and "realband.ini" from the RealBand folder (usually C:\RealBand) will return RealBand to factory settings, and allow it to open without trying to connect to the device.

With most interfaces, if you open RealBand without connecting the previously selected interface, it would just cause output to be silent, but for some reason we get a crash if it's a Roland driver. I'll double-check to make sure this is on the bug list.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

RealBand
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Edward,

When this error appears, does it offer to send us an error report? If so, please send it to support@pgmusic.com, so I can forward the error report to the development team.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

RealBand
E
edwardc Offline OP
OP Offline
E
First, let me send out my sincere thanks to VideoTrack, Noel96 and Kent for taking the time to come back with advice.
I am happy to report that I was able to resolve the issue, and here is a summary of the process for everyone’s future reference.

1. According to Kent, the Rdas1061.dll file is the driver for a Roland Interface. The only Roland device connected to the computer in question is an old UA-4FX USB Audio Capture, which seemed to be working just fine. It was sending audio from the computer to desktop speakers without any problem.

2. I went to Control Panel to check the UA-4FX setup, but when I clicked on the icon I got an error message telling me, “Connect your device to change its settings.” As I said above, the device is connected and seemingly working fine. I tried moving it to another nearby USB port, but this did not resolve the problem.

3. I went to the Roland support site for the UA-4FX and did a search on connection problems, and came across the following: “Set the ADVANCED DRIVER switch on the side of the unit to ON.” I took a look and the switch on my unit was set to OFF. Simply sliding the ADVANCED DRIVER switch to ON displayed my driver setup and also eliminated my RealBand problem.

Thanks again, everyone. You folks were a big, big help.

Sincerely,

EC

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent EC, and thanks for taking the time to advise how you resolved the issue. This is likely to assist others who may encounter the same problem.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Edward,

Thanks for letting us know about that switch!

Cheers
Kent
PG Music

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195