#467741 - 04/17/18 02:00 PM
[Band-in-a-Box for Windows]
Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 516 Update (April 17)
PG Music Staff
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018Download the Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 516 update
This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2018 build.Summary of changes for Build 516
since 513 (April 17 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 513
- Fixed: The [Get Patch/Drum Kit Info] button in the MIDI drivers dialog would not find the synthesizer documentation.
- Fixed: The busy mouse cursor might remain after analyzing audio with the Audio Chord Wizard.
- Fixed: Video rendering would fail if saved using Japanese characters in file name.
- Fixed: Clicking on the far left of the Guitar window would cause a "!!!!!" flash message to show.
- Fixed: Changing a track name using the StylePicker mixer controls might open a hidden popup window.
- Fixed: The About dialog was not showing the Fretlight Ready logo.
- Fixed: "One file per track" was being ignored when rendering a batch of songs to audio files.
- Fixed: "mono" was being ignored when rendering a batch of songs to audio files.
- Fixed: "normalize individual tracks" was only working for MIDI tracks.
- Fixed: Some typos and omissions in RealDrums Picker.
- Fixed: An access violation error might occur in the RealTracks Picker if quickly scrolling and double-clicking to hear demos.
- Improved: Windows Audio Session error messages contain more specific information.
- Improved: The Audio Drivers dialog for WAS devices now shows Bit Depth in the device description.
- Improved: WAS audio driver performance has been improved when using 44.1 kHz sample rate.
- Fixed: Using a Coyote DXi synthesizer (eg CoyoteWT or ForteDXi) might cause crackling/buzzing noise during playback.
- Fixed: Using a multi speaker layout (eg. 4 speakers surround sound) instead of stereo might cause failure to connect to audio hardware with error -9996. This only happened when using WAS as audio driver type.
- Fixed: Access violation on bootup if using a Roland audio interface (ASIO) that is not connected.
- Fixed: The Audio Chord Wizard would always run in English.
- Fixed: If adjusting the number of choruses in your song, choosing Cancel is ignored when asked, "OK to adjust Melody track to fit new # of choruses?".
- Fixed: Changing the number of choruses was not undo-able.
- Fixed: Adjusting Melody or Soloist tracks to fit a new number of choruses was not undo-able.
- Fixed: The Plugins window would be too small when using plugins that have a small GUI.
- Fixed: When saving a Hybrid style for the first time, the File Save dialog should start in the Styles directory.
- Fixed: "BBW.LST not found" errors when using the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
- Fixed: The [.STY] button in the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
- Fixed: Some Amplitube presets/styles/demos pointed to a preset which wasn't available in some installs.
- Improved: More RealTracks have HiQ transcriptions. Fixed Bass AmericanaSlow16thsByron bad chords.
- Fixed: JazzBebopDannyBrushes sometimes out of sync.
- Updated: Misc. updates to StylePicker database, memos, manuals, help files.
- Fixed: The PDF driver installer could not be launched from Band-in-a-Box.
- Fixed: Panning the audio track did not work.
since 512 (Feb 20 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 512
- Fixed: When recording audio using Windows Audio Session (WAS) audio driver, there would be a stream read error when keeping the take.
since 510 (Feb 15 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 510
- Fixed: Mixer changes were not undoable, and would not cause user to be prompted to save their song when exiting.
- Fixed: After returning Band-in-a-Box to factory settings the File Open dialog would default to the bb\Data\Lib directory.
- Fixed: The audio latency setting would increase every time leaving the Windows Audio Devices dialog.
- Fixed: Choosing a custom chord sheet font would ignore any color choice made in the font selection dialog.
- Fixed: Exporting a MIDI file might cause the error, "MIDIConv.exe no found".
- Fixed: "Load SoundTrack Song" and "Load song with RealDrums Audio" buttons in the Sound Track dialog were not working.
- Fixed: The Download Manager folder name defaulted to 2016 instead of 2018.
- Updated: Help file.
- Fixed: Static in RT2438 and other various RealTracks fixes.
- Fixed: StylePicker database various updates. Some styles were displaying the wrong feel (swing/even) in notation. A few styles incorrectly showed missing Drums.
- Fixed: Drum names were sometimes truncated in the RealDrums MultiDrums and Quicklist dialogs.
since 509 (Jan 26 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 509
- Fixed: The old drop station image was used if loading a custom skin.
- Improved: The drop station plus dialog will warn you if you do not select any file formats.
- Fixed: Some audio devices would fail to connect when using a WAS (Windows Audio Session) driver.
- Fixed: The file open dialog would not filter file types.
- Fixed: New In 2018 menu item on the Category menu in stylePicker does nothing.
- Fixed: Opening a .pat patch map file should start looking in the Synth Kits directory.
- Fixed: The [Demos...] button in the RealTracks Settings dialog did not work.
- Fixed: Tip of the day wasn't showing new tips.
- Updated: 2018 user's guide.
- Improved: New ABC notation features have been added:
- Voice Overlay
- Multiple Voices
- Grace Notes
- Free Meter
- Complex Time Signatures
- Lyrics (In Bar, Leica)
- Modal Key Signatures
since 508 (Jan 15 2018):
Summary of changes for Build 508
- Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
- Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
- Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
- Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
- Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
- Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.
- Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
- Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
- Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
- Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
- Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
since 507 (Dec 22 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 507
- Fixed: Songs might not load with tone and reverb settings.
- Fixed: Rendering Video RealTracks would fail if Windows was not set to an English locale.
- Fixed: exception in StylePicker routine to find similar styles (menu [Action] mark as prototype command).
- Fixed: Tracks that have video available are not labeled with "[V]" unless "Auto-Generate Track Labels" is enabled.
- Fixed: The Help button in the Save ABC notation dialog did not work.
- Updated: Artist bios.
since 506 (Dec 18 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 506
- Fixed: Using File | Open to open an audio file would not load the audio file.
- Fixed: The audio track was not being included in rendered videos.
- Fixed: When using the "One file per track" setting in the Render dialog, each track's file is not named properly.
- Fixed: If video rendering failed, the process would not stop and there was no error message.
- Fixed: It was not possible to cancel video rendering.
- Fixed: Repeats/endings were not implemented for XML and ABC notation.
- Fixed: Saving XML file with 3 divisions per notation beat could result in rests on the wrong clef.
- Fixed: Playing a demo in the RealTracks Picker might cause an access violation.
- Added: Style Demos from Third Party Sources, or for any UserCreated style now found if placed in Demos\MIDI Style Demos\ folder.
- Fixed: Playing a demo in the RealTracks Picker might cause an access violation.
- Fixed: The StylePicker was not finding demos in "Drums - Demos".
- Improved: Background Vocals RealTracks.
since 505 (Dec 13 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 505
- Fixed: Deleting a region of chords would cause "Undo Delete Bars" to appear in the Edit menu, but do nothing unless chosen twice.
- Fixed: Sometimes when deleting a note in the notation window, you will be asked "OK to delete chord".
- Fixed: "K3" did not work in the chord sheet for copying 3 bars (8 bars would be copied instead).
- Fixed: The "Show Flash Tips" setting did not have any effect when disabled.
- Fixed: Flash messages were not being added to the flash message log.
- Fixed: Error "Input and output sample rates must match" might show when the devices do have matching sample rates.
- Added: "Export Song as Audio File..." menu item has been added to the Audio menu.
- Fixed: Rendering .m4a or video files might fail and request that the user install QuickTime if using Windows 7. QuickTime should only be necessary for Windows Vista or XP.
- Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box was in DAW Plugin mode while exiting, the window size was not restored the next time opening the program.
- Fixed: When exiting DAW Plugin mode, the window would not return to its previous size (it would become maximized).
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box will not open using the proper window size if the Mixer window was open while exiting.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box always opens with a maximized window briefly before resizing to the user's saved size.
- Fixed: Some of the Oohs and Aahs (Vocal) RealTracks were not working correctly, and they have been greatly improved.
- Updated: Various improvements (including Db offset adjustments) to many of the new STY files and .SGU demos included with RealTracks Sets 278-300.
- Added: New styles (STY files) for many of the new RealTracks in Sets 278-300 and MIDI SuperTracks sets 25-27.
- Added: StylePicker User Categories updated for Xtra Styles PAK 4.
- Added: BB2018 tutorials folder.
- Updated: Styles database
- Fixed: WashboardBluegrass drums.
since 504 (Dec 7 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 504
- Fixed: The Transcribe feature in the Audio Edit window was not always working.
- Fixed: Using the Transpose or stretching features in the Audio Edit window might cause an access violation if the audio track is mono.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error message "dwmapi.dll cannot be found" while starting up if using Windows XP.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash with error "Procedure entry point MFTEnumEx could not be found in the Dynamic Link Library Mfplat.DLL" while starting up if using Windows Vista.
- Improved: Band-in-a-Box will start up faster.
- Fixed: There was no Quality selector in the Render to Audio File dialog if rendering MP3 on Windows 7 or earlier.
- Added: You can now put Section Numbers in your song. Previously you could only use letters A-Z, but now you can use 1-9 as well.
- Fixed: The Windows Audio Devices dialog might show garbage text for names of devices if not running Band-in-a-Box in English.
- Added:You can now filter styles in the StylePicker for styles that contain Video RealTracks.
- Fixed: There were visual artifacts in the leadsheet & notation windows when moving the cursor.
- Improved: Importing ABC Notation files has been improved.
- Updated: Help file and manuals.
- Updated: RealTracks Artist bio's.
since 503 (Dec 1 2017):
Summary of changes for Build 503
- Updated: Help file and Manuals.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Save ABC notation dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the RealDrums Quick dialog.
- Added: A Quality selector has been added to the Render to Audio File dialog. This lets you select a bit rate for compressed audio types (M4A, MP3, WMA).
- Fixed: Clicking on flash messages should not deactivate the main window.
- Fixed: Green flash messages would sometimes not perform any action when clicked on, or perform the wrong action.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash if opening an ABC notation file that is not properly formatted.
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - improved behaviour of the Clear button
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - spelling of some subgenres fixed
- Fixed: Song Titles dialog - 100 song titles added, total now 10,306
- Fixed: StylePicker - using mixer menu to customize style now filters according to selected style, not song's style
- Fixed: StylePicker - Save As Style feature improved
- Fixed: StylePicker - Generate button removed from Best Soloists dialog if launched from the StylePicker
- Fixed: RealDrums and RealDrums QuickList - some demos were not playing variations.
- Fixed: Sometimes loss of RealTracks folder locations.
- Fixed: What addons dialog not showing MIDI Soloists correctly.
(since 501) (Nov 29 2017):
- Fixed: Converting to WMA would create a truncated file (too short).
- Fixed: Videos & M4A files might have a pop noise at the beginning and end.
- Improved: Better MP3 suport for Windows 7 and Windows XP.
- Fixed: The Title Generator would not launch.
- Added: Menu item for opening ABC notation files has been added to the File > Open Special menu.
- Fixed: There were no hints in the Audio Harmony dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Generate Video dialog.
- Added: Help button has been added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
- Added. Help button has been added to the Windows Audio Session devices dialog.
- Fixed: "Display warnings for detected audio stuttering" check box in the Audio Settings dialog should only be visible when using MME audio drivers.
- Fixed: Converting to MP3, M4A, or WMA might fail if using older versions of Windows.
- Fixed: Various errors when trying to convert to MP3 on older versions of Windows, such as "Problem interpreting Input.txt, quitting."
- Fixed: If rendering to "WMA (lossless)", the output file would not be lossless.
- Fixed: No error message was shown if failing to convert audio to MP3, M4A, or WMA.
- Fixed: Batch feature was missing from the Render to Audio File dialog.
- Fixed: Rendering video might fail (freeze at finalizing stage) for various layouts.
- Fixed: Trying to render Video RealTracks would fail if the RealTracks were set to Direct Input mode.
- Fixed: The New Features menu was showing 2017 new features.
- Fixed: The PDF manuals would not launch.
- Added: "Open abc Notation music file" menu item is added to the file open menu.
PG Music Inc.
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Today!
Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021? Make sure you update for free today!
Windows users will see speedier rendering, MIDI improvements, RealTracks Picker improvements, and more when they install the latest FREE patch update.
The latest Mac update resolves some user-reported issues with MIDI features and hot keys. Click here to learn about all the enhancements with this FREE update and download it today.
Both of these free updates for your 2021 version include the latest DAW Plugin 3.7.23 too!
Happy B.C. Day!
Monday, August 2 is B.C. Day here in Victoria, but a few of us will still be here!
Our adjusted hours for that day are: 8:00AM - 4:00PM PDT.
Regular hours resume Tuesday:
Monday - Friday: 6:00AM to 6:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac: New Features and 202 RealTracks Videos
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 - RealCharts for all RealDrums!
With Band-in-a-Box® 2021, we added over 300 additional RealCharts (with accurate Drum Notation and MIDI to trigger drum sounds) for RealDrums.
That's right... this means that now ALL the RealDrums have RealCharts!
With RealCharts, you can use the notation for MIDI drum parts too - great for copying to a Utility Track!
(Watch this video for a full demonstration of Utility Tracks.)
Learn more about RealCharts for RealDrums with drum notation.
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks
Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!
These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.
We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.
Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True
Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.
"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.
Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker
Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!
Was ist neu? | Paket
Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM