You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#471800 - 05/08/18 10:18 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Forum user, Pipeline, has created a wonderful Band-in-a-Box for Windows accessory application he has named the BiaB Chord Picker Tool. The tool is available +++ HERE +++ . Pipeline indicated he's hoping to develop a similar application for Band-in-a-Box for Mac.

The BiaB Chord Picker Tool saves keystrokes by sequentially entering a multi-stroke chord name into the chord chart at the single press of a button.

The tool can be user modified to automatically enter ANY multi-stroke keyboard combination at the press of a single key.

My request is for PG Music to include the tool with the next Band-in-a-Box release. By then the tool should be out of beta testing. This gives users that do not frequent the forum the opportunity to use the tool. The tool could be included as a free bonus.

Long term I would like to see the tool integrated into Band-in-a-Box. There could be a checkbox option to automatically start the tool whenever the chord sheet window is open. Perhaps there can be an icon on the control panel.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#471835 - 05/08/18 12:24 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jim Fogle]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

+1

And be sure to give Pipeline his next couple of upgrades at no cost!!

#471993 - 05/09/18 04:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Buford, GA
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
Absolutely +1 !!!

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz)16GB DDR3 6TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 22H2 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2023 UltraPak Build 1006

#473414 - 05/18/18 11:20 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jim Fogle]
funkycornwall Offline
Journeyman

I agree it’s a great addition

#473734 - 05/20/18 07:55 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Philippines
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Loc: Philippines
+1
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#473777 - 05/21/18 08:19 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
+1

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#473785 - 05/21/18 10:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Seems like an excellent idea.
+1 from me too.
BIAB & RB2023 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#474946 - 05/28/18 08:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Island Soul Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
So, it's a way to do multiple functions at the same time? I can add a G7 chord and a shot at the same time with on key command?
music producer/engineer

#475693 - 06/01/18 01:21 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Torino, ITALY
doctormidi Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Torino, ITALY
Absolutely +1 !!!

#475833 - 06/01/18 09:50 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box [Re: Island Soul]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Islansoul
So, it's a way to do multiple functions at the same time? I can add a G7 chord and a shot at the same time with on key command?

Yes it will do all that, just got to use a cross-platform programing like Java.

I should be able to do everything it needs in Java like send keystrokes, make GUI Always On Top.
You can try this and see if it runs ok on your Mac, you may have to right click > Open > Yes Open.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6dixqurignenai/TabbedPaneDemo_Win_Mac.jar?dl=1
You should just get the Java GUI Tabs below.

Anyone with a Mac let me know if that runs ok on your variety of Cat or Mountain Range, as it might not run on this week's Mac.

But, PG could make this quite easily for Mac & Win, and make it user configurable to add whatever function/macros you need in one button, and upload and share for other users.
It just needs to be on top of any other Windows or dialogs that are opened, if it runs separate to BB it can be, yes that dirty word :
Click to reveal..

64bit !!!
So it will work on any BB release, 32bit now or 64bit future...

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

PG Music News
Customers Love Band-in-a-Box®!

Wow - we've been receiving some great feedback from Band-in-a-Box® users!

"I've had Band-in-a-Box for past 5 years. One of the best musical investments I've made. Has been great for writing songs, practice and jamming. I use mostly the real tracks and very little of midi."

"This program has gotten better every year for the past thirty years and I couldn't live without it now!"

"I've been using it since 1991 which was a primitive DOS version for midi development through midi keyboards. It has kept me upgrading ever since and 2023 is amazing. I'm always learning and always amazed."

"I just picked up the 2023 BIAB Pro, and have started educating myself on its intricacies and upgrades from previous versions. WOW!! What a writing toolbox! I am just so impressed so far."

"Love the new features in 2023! Started using Band in a Box way back in the early nineties. This program has been to the moon and back since then. Thanks!"

"This box contains the best bandmates! They are always ready to chat with you!"

"One of my best tools for composing arranging and playing!"

"Have you met my Band? they are here on BIAB.... always on time for gigs lol!"

"Awesome program that you'll never regret!"

"This is the best for whipping up a quick jam track!"

...and more!

Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Forum Stats
37098 Members
64 Forums
77152 Topics
683989 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ks88, KNL, dj001, TapNTyme, JameAmenda

37097 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 159
MarioD 144