Veteran
Veteran
Methinks Mr. Noel has set the piano on fire and exited the stage! grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

That sounds like it could have been a scene reminiscent of "Gone With The Wind" and the burning of Atlanta!

But no... the piano is still quietly gathering dust in the living room smile Since BIAB came into my life, I haven't played it too much.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
eddie1261 #469061 04/24/18 11:37 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
First of all let me say that I greatly appreciate each and every one here who makes this forum what it is!!! There are so many talented folks contributing to this group that it’s mind boggling! I have never made a negative type post here of any kind and I won’t start now! I will however, share some of my thoughts on this subject.
When someone takes valuable time out of their day to listen and comment on my material I feel like they deserve a personal response from me. It’s not an ego thing, it’s a courtesy! I will never make any apologies for this! Each of us have our own method and I judge no one. I will however state that when I spend (usually) about 2 weeks working on a song I would like it to have an opportunity to have some exposure for more than a day or 2. Anyone who puts this amount of effort into their work surely has similar sentiments. This forum is a great place to hang out and I would hate to see it devolve into something that’s negative and unpleasant. If it does, then I will spend my time elsewhere...life is too short for that nonsense! Let’s enjoy our music and not be bitter! Everyone keep on rockin ‘

Last edited by Torrey Bliss; 04/25/18 12:38 AM.

Noel96 #469074 04/25/18 02:01 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

That sounds like it could have been a scene reminiscent of "Gone With The Wind" and the burning of Atlanta!

But no... the piano is still quietly gathering dust in the living room smile Since BIAB came into my life, I haven't played it too much.

I was alluding to a story, I’m sure apocryphal, about Jerry Lee Lewis. Supposedly after a magnificent performance he set his piano on fire and as he left the stage he told the next act to “follow that!” All meaning I thought your response well stated the feelings of many User Showcase folks.

Hey, my upright bass resides in a living room corner. It’s so much easier to just move a few notes around in the DAW and get what I want with a RT!

Bud

eddie1261 #469118 04/25/18 05:20 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Eddie, you keep replying to people individually and it bumps your post up. Send them a PM dude.

How do you know I'm not? I will refrain from adding the word I wanted to add because it would have been all asterisks anyway.

Lol, I usually just type in ****'s. You mean it automatically does that? wink

Just to clarify, so you have been responding here AND sending them PM's? Man. I hadn't thought of that. You are thorough.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
All the asterisk worthy stuff goes into PMs...

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
eddie1261 #469181 04/25/18 08:48 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The horse video is funny.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 04/25/18 09:33 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
eddie1261 #469189 04/25/18 09:28 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
EDIT: My below post is in response to a post that was deleted subsequent to my response.

The non-bump options have already been suggested here along with many responses as to why they would not help the User Showcase Community. Noel, Torrey and others summed it up very well - and eloquently. . All within this thread.

A non-bump option is very Facebook like if that’s one’s preference. Post it and in a day or two it’s buried (often by multiple song posts from folks who choose not to participate other than making their original posts. I think things are fine as is. I’d go so far as to say that a no bump protocol would in short order reduce the board’s participation exponentially.

The usual two cents, grains of salt and FWIWs all from likely the oldest forum member but hopefully not the grumpiest. smile

Bud

eddie1261 #469195 04/25/18 09:42 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
HORSES FOR COURSES

Last edited by beatmaster; 04/25/18 09:42 AM.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
This whole "problem" has already been resolved!

For anyone who still has an issue with how it works (and it seems to be a really small minority), sslechta discovered the option to sort by post start date, tommyad verified it works and I provided an easy to use link you can set in your browser as a shortcut so you never have to change the setting manually!

1) Copy the link below or go to it by clicking it.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=50&page=1&sort=start

2) Once there set that as a new shortcut in your browser.

3) Now, every time you wish to view the showcase in the order of latest post first (ignoring those "bumpy" commented posts), just click your new shortcut. It should stay sorted as long as you stay on the showcase thread.

4) And when you wish to view the forum sections normally just click around as usual.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
BUMP! Thanks J3!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
For what it worth... I record my listens in a LibreOffice Calc file (similar to Excel) including date, song, songwriter... When I get time to listen to a song, I will do a quick search to see if I have already listened to it... I also always record the next song so when I quit I have a new starting point... the next song up is "The Traveller" by BlueAttitude... it was on page 7 but who knows where I will find it

Jim
†=☮&♥
Off-Topic
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
For some reason my post was cut short so I will the missing portion... I must admit, often times I'll listen, but not comment... forgive me & I will try to comment more, but most of you already know you're pretty dang good at writing songs!

Jim
†=☮&♥
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My last comment on this topic will be this. While setting my view up to avoid the annoyance of people bumping their song to the top every 2 hours, that doesn't resolve them doing it. It just keeps me from seeing them do it. Thus I will refer to this as "ostriching" the issue. Anybody so desperate for adulation that they are going to fish for compliments that way needs a different kind of help.

Out.

Last edited by eddie1261; 04/26/18 04:01 AM.

2. Send it to us.
eddie1261 #469387 04/26/18 04:24 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

The only solution I can think of is if the forum software has a setting that preserves the original posting order of songs by never bumping anything after a new reply. But would that really be desirable?

With so many people songs every day, every song would get buried in a few hours.

The current system isn't perfect, but it does tend to keep songs that are good enough to merit a lot of comments on page 1 or 2 for at least a few days.

Having your songs scroll away faster if nobody comments on them is also a good way to encourage newbies to participate in the commentary. If you don't listen and comment to other peoples songs, they won't listen and comment on yours, so they scroll away faster. Pretty simple form of positive reinforcement if you ask me.

Songs being bumped means there are lots of comments happening, which is the evidence that lots of people are participating in both directions. Healthy forum.

Pat Marr #469396 04/26/18 04:48 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

The only solution I can think of is if the forum software has a setting that preserves the original posting order of songs by never bumping anything after a new reply. But would that really be desirable?

With so many people songs every day, every song would get buried in a few hours.

The current system isn't perfect, but it does tend to keep songs that are good enough to merit a lot of comments on page 1 or 2 for at least a few days.

Having your songs scroll away faster if nobody comments on them is also a good way to encourage newbies to participate in the commentary. If you don't listen and comment to other peoples songs, they won't listen and comment on yours, so they scroll away faster. Pretty simple form of positive reinforcement if you ask me.

Songs being bumped means there are lots of comments happening, which is the evidence that lots of people are participating in both directions. Healthy forum.

Stop being so rational, Pat. grin

Regards,

Bob

Pat Marr #469425 04/26/18 06:05 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

When half the comments are from the original poster, that's when I get irritated. If comments come from users, so be it. But gratuitous replies JUST to bump are just wrong, IMHO. That is just "end zone dancing" to draw attention. I never felt the need to do that.

Last edited by eddie1261; 04/26/18 06:06 AM.

2. Send it to us.
eddie1261 #469433 04/26/18 06:26 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We’re done here also. Gotta run over to the User Showcase, set the line, and fish for compliments regarding our new song. Regarding “needing help” we’e signed up for a support group for obsessive bumpers. smile

J&B

eddie1261 #469444 04/26/18 07:33 AM
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
But gratuitous replies JUST to bump are just wrong, IMHO. That is just "end zone dancing" to draw attention. I never felt the need to do that.

But you feel the need to disparage the majority who are happy with how the showcase works? And you just assume the worst of them that they are replying just for self-promotion? We told you how to resolve this "problem" for yourself but you have no interest because you would require it be changed for everyone instead.

Anybody so desperate for adulation that they are going to fish for compliments that way needs a different kind of help.

I would submit that anyone so desperate to disparage others and force their minority opinion on the showcase might also need a different kind of help!

eddie1261 #473293 05/17/18 03:00 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bump

(Too soon?)

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,590
Posts734,779
Members38,501
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
mandella, Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365
38,501 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 189