Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Definition of forum in English:

1 meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

A website or web page where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings.

Sooo its not a forum.

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.[1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, and are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.

Definitely not a forum .

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Well, to be fair, a forum can legitimately be for sharing and supporting one another. And apparently that is what the showcase is for. Not for critiquing.

And Noel gave you a very reasonable and thoughtful response to your initial post.

What is annoying is when people think they have to attack you for your post, call you names, threaten you, etc. Those are the ones who make the forum far less civil and more cultish IMHO.

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
yes thanks johnjohnjohn I had no gripe with Noel as you have noticed.

I was not standing back and being called all sorts.

No way.

but that's because I took another avenue to speak my opinion.

That's not right is it.

If the showcase is not for critiquing then why is everyone doing it good stuff sounds like the beatles , heard the stones in that is that not critiquing '

Although critique is commonly understood as fault finding and negative judgment,[1] it can also involve merit recognition,

Last edited by beatmaster; 05/26/18 11:58 AM.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Well, I only know what I read here as I have not posted anything to the showcase. But is seems to be that of a supportive community where people are looking for the good in what is posted there. And that is perfectly legit if that is what the community wants.

With that said, I def feel ya when it comes to hearing the "wow, you are better than anything in the Billboard Top 10" type of comments. They are pure hyperbole and personally I would not want those type of comments on my work. But maybe those posting such comments honestly believe them? Not my place to judge. My personal opinion is I have yet to hear anything on the showcase that rivals any hit songs so I would never give such a comment.

I'd guess for the most part no one here, including yours truly, is writing hit music nor are they likely to any time soon. The industry is already way too crowded with much better talent. And even though we often like to pretend we are as good as "any of that modern crap they call music", it mostly just ain't true! And, I would dare to guess that top talent with a shot at the "big time" prolly aren't spending any time on internet forums arguing about how good their music is! laugh

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Noted john you will be getting your arse slapped shortly from Don for some of that there grammer my boy...!!

Last edited by beatmaster; 05/26/18 12:18 PM.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Yeah, no doubt! But maybe I can give you a bit of respite. smile

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
COOL

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I find the comments in the user Showcase to be honest and genuine.

I consider people who are able to compose a song, and then perform, arrange, collaborate, produce and publish it to be extremely talented.

For those so eager to offer and encourage criticism, I suggest instead that you post your own compositions, so that we can all learn from them. That is the best form of constructive criticism - to teach by example.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I have done this Peter.

I was only saying the forum should open up a bit, then others would be more apt to join in instead of reading the forum , then not joining in as I nearly done.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH DR. GANNON!!!!!

AND THANK YOU! AND THANK YOU! AND THANK YOU DR. GANNON!

P.S. You may want to have your guys run an IP address check on some recent identities.

Oh, never mind. I am sure you already know.

Anyway...

I am going back to the forum showcase and staying there. This stuff is crazy.

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
???

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert

AND THANK YOU! AND THANK YOU! AND THANK YOU DR. GANNON!

P.S. You may want to have your guys run an IP address check on some recent identities.

Oh, never mind. I am sure you already know.

Anyway...

I am going back to the forum showcase and staying there. This stuff is crazy.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

CMON DAVID BEHAVE YOURSELF !!!!!

Last edited by beatmaster; 05/26/18 01:03 PM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
WELL thank you all for putting me clearly in the picture I feel as though I am way out of order with my posting yea and sorry.

I guess Noel you are right, and the other posters, I just got a lovely insight into the forum and some of the members, who face trials and tribulations in their life's.

No I did not know any of the facts about members that was brought up in this posting.

Eddie I do not know where you get the notion that it was you being named ..cmon everybody who sings this song yep that eddie.

Hi Beatmaster,

Thank you for your generosity of spirit. I sincerely appreciate your words. I've just awoken. Last night I went to sleep worrying about the fact that I might have said too much or have come across in some negative or angry way that I tried so hard to avoid.

I've discovered that internet forums are one of the most dangerous places on earth when it comes to interpreting what's written. Because one cannot hear and see the author of the text, the nuances of tone and body language are lost and thus valuable aspects of language interpretation leave the building. Once that's done, it's so easy to read nuances into words that were never there when they were typed. I've done it myself and have been offended by something that I later discovered was written without any measure of malice or intentional hurt.

I think JohnJohnJohn's comment about the forum being an "Attaboy" place is insightful and very accurate. For the most part, Users Showcase celebrates the 'doing' without comparing it.

Thanks for taking time to consider things and for being open-minded about re-assessing your views.

Sincerely,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
well thanks Noel

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Yeah, no doubt! But maybe I can give you a bit of respite when john

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Beatmaster,

Thank you for your generosity of spirit. I sincerely appreciate your words. I've just awoken. Last night I went to sleep worrying about the fact that I might have said too much or have come across in some negative or angry way that I tried so hard to avoid.

I've discovered that internet forums are one of the most dangerous places on earth when it comes to interpreting what's written. Because one cannot hear and see the author of the text, the nuances of tone and body language are lost and thus valuable aspects of language interpretation leave the building. Once that's done, it's so easy to read nuances into words that were never there when they were typed. I've done it myself and have been offended by something that I later discovered was written without any measure of malice or intentional hurt.

I think JohnJohnJohn's comment about the forum being an "Attaboy" place is insightful and very accurate. For the most part, Users Showcase celebrates the 'doing' without comparing it.

Thanks for taking time to consider things and for being open-minded about re-assessing your views.

Sincerely,
Noel

Cmon Don.._______________
LINKS TO MY BIAB/RB SONGS

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
JohnJohnJohn: "can't tell if your "wow" is complimentary or sarcastic but I too went and listened to his two songs and they sounded pretty good to me...as good as anything I've heard here in the showcase."

----

That's funny I don't care where you're from. John's remarks sound exactly like his comment would be if BeatMaster's song were posted in the User Forum.......

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 05/26/18 02:24 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
What do you mean Charlie just causing more problems

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C

No problem here. You were likely too busy juicing Don to notice JohnJohnJohn's comment "maybe this is why there is no criticism in the showcase?" before making a pretty standard User Showcase complementary post about your song.

I chose to see the humor in his remark rather than hypocrisy. How about you? Why would you take a complementary remark made by John about your music posted on another site that is so similar to the type of comments that both of you are busy criticising in this thread as some type of problem?

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 05/26/18 03:47 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

No problem here. You were likely too busy juicing Don to notice JohnJohnJohn's comment "maybe this is why there is no criticism in the showcase?"

I chose to see the humor in his remark rather than hypocrisy. How about you? Why would you take a complementary remark made by John about your music posted on another site that is so similar to the type of comments that both of you are busy criticising in this thread as some type of problem?

Criticism is often unwelcome and not dealt with very graciously. I refer you to this very thread as exhibit A! laugh So, not having it in the showcase probably avoids many more of this type of s$#tstorm!

Also, my "complementary remark" was intended more as a reaction to David Snyder's post where he accused the OP of being an imposter, intoxicated, idiotic, very foolish person, illiterate, prankster, moron, drunkard, big fat ugly Internet Troll weighing about 600 pounds, p0rn watcher, coward, stinkin’ sissie,
pathetic, stupid and useless. So I just assumed David meant something negative when he said "Wow" about beatmaster's songs. And I went and listened to both and concluded they were at least as good as anything I've heard here. And I shared that opinion!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,620
Posts735,175
Members38,517
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185