Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Al,

I enjoyed this. Its very well put together with some interesting chord changes and sizzling guitar...and above all it flows beautifully.
Its good to hear from you again!

Robert

Thanks so much, Robert. This came together in about 3 hours - start to finish. The concept (chord pattern, style of backing tracks, etc., were pretty much in my mind when I sat down to start this. Glad you enjoyed it - thanks so much!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

MarioD #476051 06/03/18 10:58 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Al, first I'm glad that Di is hanging in there. You both are in our prayers.

Second, I green with envy about that jazz box you just purchased

Third, great song. Super chops man!

Fourth, no one gets tired of instrumentals!

Last, I know all about writing songs when on chemo. Been there - done that.

Hey Mario!

1. Thanks for the well wishes for Di - much appreciate by both of us.
2. I've been wanting this or another ES-175 (had one back in the 60s). This was in my price range! The neck is so comfortable and great sound from the box.
3. Thank you. A very nice compliment from an accomplished instrumentalist.
4. I don't get tired of instrumentals, but some folks do. A matter of personal likes & dislikes, I guess.

And yeah, that chemo can slow ya down real fast! But we're here to complain about it!!! best to you,

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
The very best to both of you!!!

And it's nice to see you back here.

We love your track. It's well mixed and as others have mentioned it really shows off Brent and what can be done with a RT. The processing is cool.

We hope you are able to drop by more often.

J&B

Hey Ya'll!

Hope all is well in North Georgia. Things are slowly getting better here in Northern Alabama. Thank you for those nice comments. I appreciate them very much. And thanks for the well- wishes directed to Di. I doubt she'll sing again - so damned sad. frown

Can't go wrong with A Brent Mason part! Wishing you two the best.

Alan

Rob4580 #476053 06/03/18 11:02 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hi Alan. Its all been said. I do like this. Really enjoyed excellent guitar work. Great chord progression as well. All the best to both you and Di. ob

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much. I'm delighted you enjoyed your listen. Thanks for letting me know. Wishing you the very best.

Alan

Scott C #476054 06/03/18 11:03 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Good to hear from you Alan. Wow such beautiful guitar work. Loved this tune. So dreamy and floating music. Well done.....

Hi Scott,

Thanks for dropping in for a listen. Glad it was worth your while. I wish that were me playing the lead - but it's Brent Mason. What a picker he is! Best to you,

Alan

guitar1 #476055 06/03/18 11:05 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: guitar1
Alan, I hope you do a whole album of this kind of stuff. Wonderful guitar work. I am glad you and Di both are feeling better.

Howdy!

Thank you for those very kind words. I could put together an album of this in a couple fo weeks if I worked real hard at it. Might do that! Many thanks. Wishing you well,

Alan

dcuny #476056 06/03/18 11:06 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Glad to have you back, in any form!

I enjoyed the listen.

HI David,

It's great to be back. Hope I can show up fairly often. Thanks for the very nice comment. I appreciate that. Wishing you the very best,

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hi alan welcome back i like this peace well mix and arranged brent is a awesome player glad to here di doing better wishing you both well and keep the tunes coming thanks for sharing eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan,

Not had a lot of time on the forum myself recently, but nice to see you back and
I hope both you and Di are going on well.

What can I say about the track. You write from the heart, just like you sing. That says
it all really - you can't ask for more. Fabulous.

Take care, my friend.

All the best, ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
We could have sworn that lead guitar was you ;-)
Really sounds great!
Very well built up instrumental.

Best wishes to both you and Di

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Alan

Welcome back! Very beautiful song!
Especially nice melody on the bridge part.
Nice to see you posting again.
Congratulations on the guitar - very sweet and nice playing!

All the best to you and Di,

Shigeki Adachi

F.M.M. #476718 06/07/18 02:37 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi alan welcome back i like this peace well mix and arranged brent is a awesome player glad to here di doing better wishing you both well and keep the tunes coming thanks for sharing eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks so much for the kind words and your well wishes for Di. We sure do appreciate both! Wishing you the best,

Alan

ROG #476719 06/07/18 02:38 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Alan,

Not had a lot of time on the forum myself recently, but nice to see you back and
I hope both you and Di are going on well.

What can I say about the track. You write from the heart, just like you sing. That says
it all really - you can't ask for more. Fabulous.

Take care, my friend.

All the best, ROG.

Hi ROG,

Thanks so much for your really nice comments. Di says "Hi" and thanks you for your well wishes. We both appreciate you very much. Wishing you the very best,

Alan & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
So glad to see you back Alan! That guitar sounds awesome! Really like the stuff starting around 1:40! Best wishes for full recovery for your wife! Thanks, Torrey

RnAM #476926 06/08/18 11:09 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
We could have sworn that lead guitar was you ;-)
Really sounds great!
Very well built up instrumental.

Best wishes to both you and Di

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks so much, Rob & Ann-Marie. I wish I could still play like that! In a couple of months, gonna post a video of me actually playing a jazz tune on my new guitar. Anyway, I appreciate your very kind words for the song and for Di. Wishing you both the very best.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Alan

Welcome back! Very beautiful song!
Especially nice melody on the bridge part.
Nice to see you posting again.
Congratulations on the guitar - very sweet and nice playing!

All the best to you and Di,

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you, Shigeki! Those are some very nice words. But that's Brent Mason playing guitar - he does a pretty good job, eh?! Thanks again.

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
So glad to see you back Alan! That guitar sounds awesome! Really like the stuff starting around 1:40! Best wishes for full recovery for your wife! Thanks, Torrey

Thank you, Torrey. It's great to be back! And I appreciate all those nice words about this one. I mentioned earlier in a reply - I'm gonna post a video of my playing an original jazz tune on the new guitar in a couple of months. Again, many thanks!

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Trying to get to everyone I can for a listen. I'll be over every couple of days to try to do a little catching up. There's some great music on the boards!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Al !:))

Welcome back and best regards
to Di too, lets hope she´ll
recover her strength soon !

This is probably the best
instro I´ve heard from you
Al, not sure I´ve heard them
all, though ! This is superb
in every aspect !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Sweet tune Al!! Brent's guitar always gets me. Nice mix too but drums seem a bit dry to me. Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,400
Posts732,553
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199