Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, floyd

Excellent song!
Very catchy and melodically,.
Really love your vocal and the harmonies by Janice.
The chord progressions repeated one after the other with descent and ascend of the bass line many times are very powerful.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Loved it!
Brilliant song writing - great concise lyric and a really catchy hook.
Janice & you always sound wonderful together and this is no exception.
Superb production & excellent all round.

Peter

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Fun listen, solidly done all around. Loved the banjo poking through near the end.

The only nit is "what you're made of"... Hey, I had to look for something! grin

It's a good reminder that it I looked hard enough, I could find everything I needed to build my track in BiaB.

Except for Janice, of course! laugh

Thanks for commenting on the harmony!

Janice

#480627 - 07/05/18 07:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: P Glaser]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: P Glaser
Holy Cow! First class all the way!

Paul - I certainly appreciate that. Thanks for stopping in for a listen...

#480647 - 07/05/18 10:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
TOP TOP TOP NOTCH!!! As a bunch of songwriters, all of us know how difficult it is to find rhymes which are not overused or lines that are fresh and really convey the message. Floyd does it all the time, and beautifully so here. This is so sharply written and so well produced. The repeated use of "twisted" makes the hook even hookier. Great melody, great write, great production, and great use of "the band"! Another home run Floyd!!! Take care. Greg

#480779 - 07/06/18 12:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: PeterF]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Fun listen, solidly done all around. Loved the banjo poking through near the end.

The only nit is "what you're made of"... Hey, I had to look for something! grin

It's a good reminder that it I looked hard enough, I could find everything I needed to build my track in BiaB.

Except for Janice, of course! laugh

Thanks, David. I corrected my spelling error. smile I don't know about "looking hard" - but there is so much to choose from, you seldom need to look elsewhere - and looking is half the fun. (Oooh! Song title! Don't steal that one...).

It is surprising there isn't a Janice RT yet...

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Boy, I really like this tune. The repetition of “twisted’ in the chorus really gives this tune a hook—magnetic. But the lyrics just work throughout the song and it’s what, for me, makes this song work in all the right ways. Killer guitar solo, BTW. Add to it the great production—you have a terrific song here. Bravo!

All the best,

Deej

Deej - thanks for the nice review...

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd,
Sent Leon a link and he said:

"Tell Floyd great job from me"

Peter (it's the best I can do....)

Peter - thanks for relaying the message! Nice to hear form Leon! smile

#480917 - 07/07/18 02:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: dani48]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I really love the chorus. It's so punchy and really sticks with you. I can definitely relate to this song right now. Thank you for sharing this song with us all. Also just wanted to say that the lyrics of this song are really lovely and perfect.

Ember - Thanks for having a listen to this one....

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd and Janice !:))

You´ve just produced my
new Floydfav !
Ubelievable wonderful
and such a superb collab
too !

Congrats to both of you !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks, Dani - we appreciate it..

#481012 - 07/08/18 01:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: RnAM]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: DIOECHOOTO
Tight as all get- out! Floyd and Janice, this is really, really nice work... in every aspect. Kudos!

Eric - thanks for stopping by for a listen...

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Floyd and Janice,

This has a slightly more rock feel, than some of your previous recordings.
Very cool chord progression and craftsmanship as usual.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks to you both...

#481031 - 07/08/18 04:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Floyd, this is as well written and performed as anything I have heard from you. The mix on this is as good as it gets! You have raised the bar once again!

Steve

#481119 - 07/09/18 12:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: floyd jane]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd and Janice !:))

You´ve just produced my
new Floydfav !
Ubelievable wonderful
and such a superb collab
too !

Congrats to both of you !

Cheers
Dani

Originally Posted By: DIOECHOOTO
Tight as all get- out! Floyd and Janice, this is really, really nice work... in every aspect. Kudos!

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Floyd and Janice,

This has a slightly more rock feel, than some of your previous recordings.
Very cool chord progression and craftsmanship as usual.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
A great write, performance and production. You really have the drums popping on this one. You and Janice are developing an almost signature sound and there's a tightness that can't be overlooked. Enjoyed this one a lot.

Thanks y’all. I know it’s gonna be fun when floyd invites me to Sing!

#481207 - 07/10/18 07:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: Charlie Fogle]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
A great write, performance and production. You really have the drums popping on this one. You and Janice are developing an almost signature sound and there's a tightness that can't be overlooked. Enjoyed this one a lot.

Thanks for the nice review, Charlie. I love singing with Janice - we've been at it for at least 5 years now... one of the great advantages of this forum...

#481295 - 07/10/18 08:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: floyd jane]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Fabulous job, Floyd. There's only one thing wrong with this song, and I do mean only one. I didn't write it. Waaaaaa!

#481331 - 07/11/18 06:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Alabama
cliftond Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Alabama
A great song in every way, the vocals, lead and harmony are so clear and consistent, the music is just amazing, and the lyrics define the emotion so well. Great song Floyd and Janice!!!!

#481334 - 07/11/18 07:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi floyd. This is excellent. That is quite a list of realtracks. Wonderful production all round.

#481440 - 07/12/18 03:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Excellent songwriting & vocal performance.
The arrangement, production and mix, (that wonderful kick that kicks), mark you out as a classic.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#481649 - 07/13/18 05:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: guitar1]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
TOP TOP TOP NOTCH!!! As a bunch of songwriters, all of us know how difficult it is to find rhymes which are not overused or lines that are fresh and really convey the message. Floyd does it all the time, and beautifully so here. This is so sharply written and so well produced. The repeated use of "twisted" makes the hook even hookier. Great melody, great write, great production, and great use of "the band"! Another home run Floyd!!! Take care. Greg

Greg - thanks for that very nice comment. Could not ask for any more than that!!

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Floyd, this is as well written and performed as anything I have heard from you. The mix on this is as good as it gets! You have raised the bar once again!

Steve

Steve - I really appreciate all of that... Thanks!

Originally Posted By: guitar1
Fabulous job, Floyd. There's only one thing wrong with this song, and I do mean only one. I didn't write it. Waaaaaa!

Thanks, Gary...

#481721 - 07/13/18 01:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: rayc]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: cliftond
A great song in every way, the vocals, lead and harmony are so clear and consistent, the music is just amazing, and the lyrics define the emotion so well. Great song Floyd and Janice!!!!

Thanks, Cliff, for that very nice review...

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Hi floyd. This is excellent. That is quite a list of realtracks. Wonderful production all round.

Joanne - thanks for stopping in...

Originally Posted By: rayc
Excellent songwriting & vocal performance.
The arrangement, production and mix, (that wonderful kick that kicks), mark you out as a classic.

ray - thanks for having a listen....

#482668 - 07/20/18 10:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: cliftond]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: cliftond

Thanks for mentioning my part. I always look forward to singing with floyd!

Janice

#484977 - 08/08/18 05:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
floyd,

I might late to the party with this one but WOW! that has done nothing to diminish just how impressed I am with what I've just heard (a few times, in fact).

As you know, your writing has been inspirational to me in so, so many ways over the years. This chorus is a fantastic example of creating a list chorus. It's not a skill I have but I think with a little of my own modelling based on how you've done it here, I might, at last, be able to create one.

These lyrics flow so incredibly well, too. As I was reading them out loud, I marvelled at how you managed to join the words together so seamlessly while maintaining an easy conversational lyric flow.

I really enjoyed this a great deal. You and Janice sound really awesome singing together!

All the best,
Noel

#626679 - 11/30/20 04:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: United States
Dewey_MI Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: United States
I really love the feel and flow of this one Floyd! Especially partial to the texture change in the chorus!

#626692 - 11/30/20 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Smoke And Mirrors [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
What can i say that others haven't?

Polished to perfection.
Excellent writing!
Fantastic vocals.

Mixed just right.

And..............a timely message.

Well done!

moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
35028 Members
66 Forums
71338 Topics
618990 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
JordanBristol, AndroYD, Jazzeux24, LAWC, Wilde

35027 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 261