your favorite alibis
   hiding your intentions
   only makes 'em clearer
   it's what you're made of
   smoke and mirrors

The BAND:

RealTracks in song: 1418:Bass, Electric, SouthernRock Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: 380:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Syncopated Sugar Ev 102
RealTracks in song: 836:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltCountryRootsy Ev 075 (A:muted)
RealTracks in song: 2690 Guitar, Electric, Soloist Slow16thsPopBrentSimple Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 2203:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopPromiseBrent Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: 623:Banjo, Background Backporch Ev 098
RealTracks in song: 3020 Vocal Aahs, Background Pop3-part Ev 085
RealDrums in Song: ModernPopBallad16ths^01-a:Quiet hat, Sync-kick, b:Open hat, Sync-kick

Harmonies: Janice Merritt (Thanks to you both!!)

Comments welcomed and encouraged.
Have at it.

floyd

Last edited by floyd jane; 06/25/18 10:34 AM. Reason: Teach is scolding me for bad spelling
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

A really excellent song... Love your vocal and the harmonies by Janice. Great arrangement and mix as well. Some high production values here!

Loved it.

Bob

User Showcase
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Great production again. Vocal and harmonies are spot on ,another great write.well done to you all

Os Windows Biab 2018. studio one pro 3 ozone 8 focusrite 214 se electronics Gemini mic
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

A really excellent song... Love your vocal and the harmonies by Janice. Great arrangement and mix as well. Some high production values here!

Loved it.

Bob

I agree 100%.

This is another winner from Floyd and Janice!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd

That was a song I would swear I've heard before, because its catchy and commercial and just so easy going and simple.

I'm singing the chorus as I type.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool song. Sounds great!!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

All the hallmarks of a Floyd rocker are there- sharp, honed lyrics, feeling and prescence in the vocals, a punchy chorus and nothing out of place in the production.
So darn good.
I should add I enjoyed thinking about who I pictured as the song`s villain... could be wrong, but if I`m right, someone call Stephen Colbert and get Floyd on the show!

Robert

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Another great one from the master king.

Critter
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, I love this!

Vocal and harmonies are spot on.

Great job on the write and I really like the chorus, very strong.

Production as always is top notch, man, those drums! Such a great sound.

Enjoyed the listen, floyd!

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

A fabulous track and for me, it has to be my favourite so far.

A wonderful production with so much going on, yet all still coherent and everything
in it's own space. Excellent stereo both on the mains and the 'phones. Loved the whole
thing, but especially the sound of the bass and the kick drum, which REALLY kicked.

Great lyrics, melody, harmony and super performance from both you and Janice.

All this and a guitar solo too! I'd like to think you put that in just for me, but
I have to be realistic....

Not been here as much as I'd like recently, but happy to have caught this one.

Cheers, ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What? What?! WHAT?!? Who wrote this? Did you hire a ghost writer? Floyd, you are a MASTER of story telling in a song. That's your lane. Stick to it. You are NOT allowed to venture over to the "non-specific listener fill in their own story" lyric and dominate that too! No! No! No! Go back to what you were great at before you were great at this please. I'm not sure how you got in here, but...security!

Seriously, I am beyond impressed. I love everything about this song.

The lyrics are fantastic...
Quote:

hiding your intentions
only make 'em clearer

the production is fantastic...
You had me at the drums and never lost me. Everything is clear and represented so well.

The performance is fantastic...
Anyone with ears and a heart can tell that!

The arrangement is fantastic...
Love the structure and how parts move in and out as they should. A sprinkle of guitar between vocal phrasing to keep in interest, the backing vocals at chorus two forward for heightening was OMG! I'll stop but...just...wow!

Melodically, THAT sir, was CATCHY!

I noticed people only bring Janice in when they have a song good enough to be awesome. Or is it when people bring Janice in, the song is now awesome? OH! That's what it is! (secret to a great song there.)

You may want to consider a name change. Drop the "e" in "Jane" and just add "ice." wink

**Edit**

Oh yeah, if this song is about me, then forget everything I said. Actually, I wouldn't be able to deny that it would still be my favorite song I've heard on the forum so far. smile

Thank you for making this song!

Last edited by HearToLearn; 06/24/18 11:36 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

I swear to God I have heard this before. Maybe it was in a conversation or something, but I KNOW I have heard these words before.

Strangely enough, I think I know WHO it is about.

I called Carly and she swore it wasn't about Mick, so now I think I know for sure. But I ain't saying.

smile

Great song man!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh now I remember who it was about. Caaron, we need to talk man. I want you to be sitting down and take a deep breath first though.

Kidding!!!!!!

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Floyd,

Loved it.

Bob

Appreciate that, Bob - and thanks for your continued support...

Originally Posted By: Biglad
Great production again. Vocal and harmonies are spot on ,another great write.well done to you all

Thanks for having a listen, John...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Boy this song has such a cool feel to it. Lyrics were just excellent. You tell such a great story with you lyrics. Super vocal and harmonies were so well done. I just loved the guitar on it. Just growled on the low register and the highs have such a cool bite to them.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As a self-proclaimed songwriter/lyricist, I'm supposed to be able to come up with new, catchy ways to say something. But ya know what, Floyd? I agree with all that has been said. The only words that comes to mind I've not yet seen is ... WOW!

It's a great song, production and delivery in every sense of the word. Who says only Nashville can produce top-quality country music suitable for the massive audience of the genre? Some of those Nashville suits might want to have their guys take a listen to this - they might get a real good lesson on lyric writing, production technique,arrangement and delivery. That's all I have to say about this gem.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, floyd

Excellent song!
Very catchy and melodically,.
Really love your vocal and the harmonies by Janice.
The chord progressions repeated one after the other with descent and ascend of the bass line many times are very powerful.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd

Loved it!
Brilliant song writing - great concise lyric and a really catchy hook.
Janice & you always sound wonderful together and this is no exception.
Superb production & excellent all round.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Floyd,

Loved it.

Bob

I agree 100%.

This is another winner from Floyd and Janice!

Thanks, Mario.

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Floyd

That was a song I would swear I've heard before, because its catchy and commercial and just so easy going and simple.

I'm singing the chorus as I type.

beatmaster - what more could a songwriter/producer want to hear???... Thanks!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Cool song. Sounds great!!!

Thanks, Josie.

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,

All the hallmarks of a Floyd rocker are there- sharp, honed lyrics, feeling and prescence in the vocals, a punchy chorus and nothing out of place in the production.
So darn good.
I should add I enjoyed thinking about who I pictured as the song`s villain... could be wrong, but if I`m right, someone call Stephen Colbert and get Floyd on the show!

Robert

Appreciate all that, Robert. Let me know if you run into Stephen Colbert!!!

wink

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,392
Posts732,471
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195