Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#481852 07/14/18 03:58 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I'm curious bands that you all feel added a member or changed a member that ended up being an upgrade to the band.

I'll start. I liked Journey pre-Perry; but really liked them after they added him.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
The Beatles. Don’t know which member? Google is your friend.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not

Pete best? The Beatles were never the same after that. wink

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Google is my friend. You are obviously referring to replacing "Paul" with faux Paul/"Faul."

It pays to educate yourself people. Google is THE culmination of the world's knowledge. I feel for the less educated people.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I was a huge Stevie Ray Vaughan fan right from the start with the original trio, but for me things kicked up a notch when they added Reese Wynans on keyboards.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The Eagles soared after adding Don Felder. Then higher with Joe Walsh.

Fleetwood Mac lost their Blues by adding Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I agree with the Eagles improvement with Joe Walsh, but personally I liked Fleetwood Mac best with Bob Welch.

I think Michael McDonald addition to the Doobie Brothers improved their music.

And for Jay and the Americans, replacing Jay Traynor with Dave Blatt (renamed Jay Black) was a bonus.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I was a huge Stevie Ray Vaughan fan right from the start with the original trio, but for me things kicked up a notch when they added Reese Wynans on keyboards.

I hear ya.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Fleetwood Mac lost their Blues by adding Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

Very true. I never saw it, but could hear the addition of an occasional goat on vocals. That really surprised me. They really stuck with it though.

Seriously though, I really love the backing vocals and harms. SOOOOO good in my opinion.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny

Pete best? The Beatles were never the same after that. wink

neither was Pete Best...

(Ba-boom! TSH!)

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Fleetwood Mac became an entirely new, and in my opinion much better band, when they reset in 1974. This lineup produced two #1 albums with Rumours at #1 for 31 weeks and it became the 8th top selling album to date. I liked them before the reset but I cannot argue with success and I really loved both of those albums. So yeah, I'd say Fleetwood Mac 2.0 was def an upgrade!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, you could buy Pete's solo album if you wanted:

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
This is a really interesting topic smile Aside from what has been mentioned already - namely The Eagles and The Beatles - a couple others come to mind for me.

When Brian Johnson took over as AC/DC's singer is really when they started releasing the music I came to know and love. I've never been super into the band, but all the music I'm most familiar with from them is in the Brian Johnson era.

A lesser known one would be Flaming Lips. A lot of people who listen to them don't even really know they used to have a different lead singer. Wayne Coyne took over as the lead singer in 1985 after the original singer left the band to pursue other things.

Cheers,
Deryk
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I too can't argue with the success of Fleetwood Mac after Buckingham and Nicks joined, but personally I liked them better before.

I think Blood Sweat and Tears did much better with David Clayton Thomas on lead vocals than Al Kooper. I liked both editions for different reasons.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Grace Slick replaced the original female vocalists Signe Anderson in 1966. The Airplane really took off smile after that, although I think Signe had a very good voice as well. I didn't like them as well later, when they replaced some of the original members and became Jefferson Starship.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Frank Alves
Grace Slick replaced the original female vocalists Signe Anderson in 1966. The Airplane really took off smile after that, although I think Signe had a very good voice as well. I didn't like them as well later, when they replaced some of the original members and became Jefferson Starship.

Learn something new everyday, I always thought Grace Slick was there from the beginning.

I listened to Airplane a lot back in the day and I'm with you; I never cared much for Jefferson Starship either.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Frank Alves

I wasn't a huge fan of the band in their many versions of it; but Mickey Thomas was another. Man, that guy sang songs I don't really care for really well!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My favorite years of the Rolling Stones are with Mick Taylor. If you ever want your kids or grandkids to know what the Stones were all about play Get Yer Ya Ya's Out. All live touring and just scorching with Taylor and Keith. So Mick replaced Brian and then Mick quit and got replaced by Ron Wood. Wood played some great bass with Jeff Beck but I never thought he brought much to the Stones on guitar. Taylor was understated in his demeanor and underrated regarding his playing IMO. He just stood there, rarely moving, looking somewhat bored all the while cranking out killer solos and backup.

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
My favorite years of the Rolling Stones are with Mick Taylor. If you ever want your kids or grandkids to know what the Stones were all about play Get Yer Ya Ya's Out. All live touring and just scorching with Taylor and Keith. So Mick replaced Brian and then Mick quit and got replaced by Ron Wood. Wood played some great bass with Jeff Beck but I never thought he brought much to the Stones on guitar. Taylor was understated in his demeanor and underrated regarding his playing IMO. He just stood there, rarely moving, looking somewhat bored all the while cranking out killer solos and backup.

Bud

It's Jagger, Mick Jagger. He's the guy that's in the Rolling Stones. wink You were close though.

(Now I'm curious if anyone will think I'm serious. My humor, at times, has not translated well to the forum.)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
My favorite years of the Rolling Stones are with Mick Taylor.

Yes, same here. Those three albums with Mick on guitar remain classic, the Stones never did much after that that interested me (although obviously they remain a very successful band smile

To tie in with the Fleetwood Mac thread, his original claim to fame was when he replaced Peter Green in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers when Peter left to form (or join? not sure) Fleetwood Mac.

Saw him recently on that John Mayall 70th birthday concert DVD, he was and still is a fabulous guitarist. That DVD is definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it.

Last edited by BlueAttitude; 07/17/18 05:29 AM. Reason: typo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195