Print Thread
Go To
#481781 07/14/18 05:43 AM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Dear Forum Friends,

Sorry I've been off-site for a while and haven't posted. I'm fighting a few health issues and going through some changes at work.

I made the few tweaks you mentioned to so song I posted last month, "Touch the Sun." If you have time please give it listen.

NASA is looking into using it at the launch of the Parker Solar Probe mission on August 4th. Wish me luck.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13731977

Thanks

DC SpaceDog

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
NASA is looking into using it at the launch of the Parker Solar Probe mission on August 4th. Wish me luck.

I gave a listen Spacedog.
Sorry about the health setbacks....so, stay tough.

Being a long time science addict I'm first going to wish you well in having it played during the launch.....that would be extremely 'cool' smile if NASA uses it.

I think the song subject is a good one and the lyrics create good imagery.
I can easily imagine what the song is about even though you don't mention the 'mission' or 'launch' itself.....that makes your lyrics work well and is a manifestation of a skillful writing approach for this one.
Your vocals sound good and your performance works for me.

Well done and keep us informed....carry on.

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 07/14/18 06:34 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This sounded really good on my monitors. Excellent mix. Super vocal. Cool lyrics

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello SD,

First, sorry to hear about the health issues. Hope all is better in the very near future.

Sounding good! I really like this. Your vocal is sounding terrific - might be the best I've heard from you. Very nice, indeed - a real pleasure to listen to.

Good luck with NASA!!! That would be really cool! Wishing you the best - in all regards.

ALan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for the repost, I missed it the first time you posted.

Good song, great arrangement and write. Loved your vocal!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
First and foremost I hope you are doing better.

This may be your best to date. Good luck with NASA. As far as I am concerned this should be accepted by them

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool inspiration for the song and it has that big journey spirit. The chorus is catchy and I hope you are succesful with the submission.
Good vocals too.

Robert

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really nice work on this one! It is wonderfully catchy, and your vocal performance is strong and ear-catching. Above all else though, the mixing job on this is unreal. It is virtually indistinguishable from what you hear on the radio. It sounds crisp and perfectly layered.

You should be proud of this one - I wish you the best for your health, and hope we get to hear more from you soon smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Best to you health wise and NASA wise!!!!

Sounds fine on our system.

Enjoyed revisiting it.

J&B

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi SpaceDog, I enjoyed this! Specifically I really enjoyed the overall progression. I found the transition between the verses and choruses very smooth. Excellent work on the guitars and nice work on the vocals too. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks. I've been working on my songwriting with Martin Sutton's Song Writing Academy.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Scott, Thx.

Alan, I'm glad you like it. I'm not singing enough to get better but OKay I guess.

Dave, Thanks. I like your website. Nice job

Mario, Glad you liked it. I hope to hear from NASA soon. I plan to be ready to play live if the opportunity comes up. Often does.

Robert, I'm glad the hook set. Thanks.

Deryk, Your comment really pleased me. I've been studying and practiing my mixing skills. We used the term "Radio Ready" on "The Recording Revolution" website. Glad this hit the mark.

J&B, Thanks for listening and commenting.

Joe, Thanks. Lots of great RealTraks in this. The RTs are so good, people have asked me how I learned to play all those instruments. Big time thanks to PGM!

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
"Joe, Thanks. Lots of great RealTraks in this. The RTs are so good, people have asked me how I learned to play all those instruments. Big time thanks to PGM!"

You're welcome, and glad to hear you're having a good time with Band-in-a-Box!

You may find the following resources useful to you:

Tutorials and our technical FAQ:
http://www.pgmusic.com/howtos.htm
http://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq.htm

Windows Video tutorials
Band-in-a-Box http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm
RealBand http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.realband.htm

Cheers,
Joe
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What a fun song. I think you did a really great job with this one.

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joe, Ember, thanks for listening and th e kind comments

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Hi SD. Hope things get easier for you. Really good effort here!! Very well written, arranged and mixed. Some nice lyrics. I particularly like:

In an epic dance with our fiery king
Gm A7
Gazing at his crown she begins to sing.

Hopefully the song will get used for that wonderful occasion! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199