Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
This is top shelf work. Glad you decided not to put it back up on the shelf. It needs to be heard. Good job and I enjoyed this one a lot.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice, will you stop waving your phone around in the air?

Beyond the always great write and vocals we gotta comment on the band. It sounds "real." Like some guys/gals who've been at it a long time...together.

The guitar leads sound like they were played specifically for the tune.

After that we'll defer to what the forum consummate rocker ROG said:

"Sounds good LOUD, sounds good on the speakers, sounds good in the 'phones,
so must be good. I'm not even gonna ask for the solo to be louder - hey, just
pleased to hear a solo like that in one of your productions.

Can we have so more of this stuff, please?"

Rock on mr jane!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Great write, well sung, excellent rocking mix. In my phones, everything is sitting in it's own space nicely - especially the "heavy" drums.

I particularly liked the "intoxicating Southern drawl" line. I was betting on you rhyming it with "...gonna fall". So much for my powers of prediction!

I enjoyed that song a lot! laugh

Thanks, David. That "intoxicating Southern drawl" was all Kenny. He is so good at those kinds of uniquely perfect phrases...

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I'm late but I agree with everything that has been said.

Great rocker for sure.

I'm convinced that you could do any genre and make it sound great.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, floyd

Great Rock vocal!
The melody is very catchy.
As others say, your heavier side is good as much as your country side.
The mix is excellent.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Awesome! Sounds dangerous

Sol soloist never sounded better to me, I always seem to audition
him and then go with Brent on everything when using a soloist.

My version was just a straight ahead Dwight Yoakam country-rock
jukebox barroom romp in an E major or G major (can't remember which).

This sounds minor-key dark and more complex, super catchy
like something I wish I'd written.

Great vocal and super mix

you elevated this song!

Kenny - "wish you had written"? - you were a huge part of this!! A true co-write - a blending... Let's do it again sometime... ("My Old Man" was a good one, too!!). Sure hope you stick around a while - I really love hearing your music...

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What a tune! It goes hard, and has so much energy behind it - the passion really shows here. This is the kind of tune I'd blast on a road trip. Amazing guitar work, really powerful vocals, and an amazing groove to boot.

Great job here, and thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
So I googled "confident" and your song popped up! I'm trying MUCH harder to keep posts short. So...

The tensions created using your rhythm choices (changing), breaks, melodic and harmonic choices are all REALLY impressive to me. Even the tones you are singing with compliment the sound of this song so well. AND...then everything releases at the right points. So cool!

You two should do more together. It would seem wrong not to.

Last edited by HearToLearn; 08/13/18 08:05 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Man, great to hear you rock out Floyd. Not surprisingly it was done extremely well. Loved it all around. This will get many plays from me. Great job.

Dave

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
What a nice back story Floyd. Glad you resurrected this one. Welcome back Kenny.

Thanks, Joanne.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a cool collaboration Floyd and Kenny. Awesome rocker. Super lyric, vocals and harmonies. Guitar was just smokin….Well done

thanks from both of us, Scott...

Originally Posted By: Al-David
nice you gave it a new breath of air! A little dark rock with some attitude. I don't normally listen to much of this but this was pretty danged cool. Loved it1 I like Floyd's harder side . a new look at our our friend! Nice!

Alan

Thanks, Alan...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Floyd,

We've said it before, apart from being a good country singer, you really are a very good rocker!
Please go on making this kind of songs.
The mix is excellent.
This is a great rock song, which is very catchy too!
Really good job from both of you!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, guys... appreciate it...

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi floyd, I enjoyed this! I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. Fantastic choice of instrumentation, and great work on the guitars they sound very crunchy! Great use of EFX. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Joe. Nice to have you drop in for a listen...

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Floyd,

Impressive little rocker you have here—and here I thought of you as a country guy. smile Hints of ‘80s glam rock in this one, for me at least. Some terrific lines in this lyrically as well, along with your usual great touch on production. Well done!

Best regards,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Floyd,

As mentioned a couple of years ago, you and Kenny have done a really great job in writing this song. "Burned by blue-eyed cool" is still a standout line!

The current version, though, takes the previous version in a whole new direction.

What stood out to me most was how you've taken what was an AABA format and while you've kept the AABA presentation, you've modified the format so that it finishes with repeated B-sections. That really intrigued me. Normally to end an AABA song using the B section does not work effectively. But that was not the case here. Moreover, these days, the only way that a song usually ends with a B-section is if that B-section is a chorus. In this song of yours and Kenny's, though, the B-section did not sound like a chorus at all to me.

The more I thought about it, the more I came to see that your approach to format reminded me of a jazz technique I've come across a few times recently. There are a number of songs from the 40s/50s that use ABAB where B is definitely neither a chorus nor a bridge but just another musical section. One that springs to mind is Loesser's "If I Were A Bell" from 'Guys and Dolls'.

The first appearance of the B-section starts with Jean Simmons singing "From the moment we kissed tonight..." and ends with "If I were a banner I'd wave." In the following repetition of the A- and B-sections, the B-section ends the the sequence at that point with a slight variation of the original B-section.

In all honesty, I found it very refreshing to hear "The Rule". You and Kenny have given me a great deal to ponder!

Impressive work!

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Also, as always, I was left thinking... "How does floyd manage to produce such a spectacular sound!"

Noel - Thanks - we appreciate that you found this satisfying this time around as well... I enjoyed hearing "If I Were A Bell". They just don't write 'em like that anymore...

Originally Posted By: rayc
It rocks, really rocks.
You do this sort of thing oh so well.

Glad you enjoyed it, Ray...

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Really great rocker with catchy 'big drum' chorus - I like the minor chord approach. Nice lyrics. Vocals, arrangement and mix are excellent. The solo guitar fits like a glove.

Janne

Janne - thanks for dropping by for a listen.... and for the nice comments...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
+1 to all the accolades! FJ and Kenny - Great collab! Sounds terrific!

Josie - we appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd / Kenny

Excellent work - all the accolades deserved. Great mix and a huge sound.
Great work all round.

Peter

Thanks, Peter...

Originally Posted By: cliftond
Good solid song. Well written, performed and mixed. Enjoyed it Floyd!!! Cliff

Thanks, Cliff...

User Showcase
EMG Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
Oh what a nice sound. I love it.

------------------------------------------
My music: https://soundcloud.com/ermar-gamar
My stuff: Stratocaster '89, PRS SE Santana, Digitech RP90 Multi Effect, Vocalist Live 3, Digital Piano Korg SP, Studio One 3.5, Presonus Audiobox, BB 2018
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Two of my favorite writers (on or off the forum)!!! I knew it would be great, and IT IS!! I can hear both of you in the song. Clever, interesting lyric with some great lines, including

pretty soon there'll be no safe distance
should i walk away before i have to crawl

Just right! The melody is perfect at blending the excitement mixed with apprehension of the relationship. The production/vocals are tops, and the guitar solo is perfect for the song. Certainly one of the forum A-teams! Great, great stuff guys!! Take care. Greg

Greg - Thanks, we appreciate that! Most of the really cool phrases were Kenny's doing - he is SO good at that...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Floyd and Kenny !

What a rocker !!!!!Phfweeew !!
Put some irresistible foottapping
a foot !!!:)))

Superb co-work as usual !

Congrats to both of you !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
This is top shelf work. Glad you decided not to put it back up on the shelf. It needs to be heard. Good job and I enjoyed this one a lot.

Really appreciate that, Charlie...

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Janice, will you stop waving your phone around in the air?

Beyond the always great write and vocals we gotta comment on the band. It sounds "real." Like some guys/gals who've been at it a long time...together.

The guitar leads sound like they were played specifically for the tune.

After that we'll defer to what the forum consummate rocker ROG said:

"Sounds good LOUD, sounds good on the speakers, sounds good in the 'phones,
so must be good. I'm not even gonna ask for the solo to be louder - hey, just
pleased to hear a solo like that in one of your productions.

Can we have so more of this stuff, please?"

Rock on mr jane!

J&B

smile What better than the Janice Wave!! smile smile smile

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I'm late but I agree with everything that has been said.

Great rocker for sure.

I'm convinced that you could do any genre and make it sound great.

Thanks, Mario....

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks to everyone that mentioned me,

this is a great re-interpretation of a co-write

that I was proud to be a part of.

Kenny

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
A great song to go with a cool story about it's creation.

A superb mix!

I love the lyrics and especially the chorus.

Wonderful vocals and harmonies.

And the lead guitar is off the charts!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,530
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200