Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#485009 08/08/18 07:16 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
So I got some industry feedback on my last song, and they said the idea was "commercial" and suggested a rewrite. It forced an ENTIRE rewrite, and Sir Noel Adams coached me through several thousand scribbles until it was done. I bow to you good sir.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs2/heaven-here

I tried to do country I swear I did but it turned out Van Morrison no matter how hard I tried. I guess I will have to leave the country to others.

The main acoustic is me and the other stuff is at the bottom.

Also, this is my first mix with the new Cakewalk by Bandlab. I really love the stuff that's in there to sweeten the mix. Really awesome DAW.

Heaven Here

By David Snyder

V1

Poor and newly married
At that October county fair
I recall your sugar perfume
And the sparkles in your hair
Ferris wheel took us to heaven
Floating in the air
You looked every bit an angel
Frozen in the then and there

CH

And girl
I’ve got heaven here
On every walk along the beach
At every county fair
And those diamonds in the midnight sky
Make it perfectly clear
That as long as I have you
I’ve got heaven here
I’ve got heaven here

V2

God knows that I am thankful
I say it every day and night
As we work these golden fields
Of this amazing magic life
When you’re singing in the kitchen
Playing your guitar
I say a silent prayer
And I count my lucky stars

CH

And girl
I’ve got heaven here
With every moonlight sugar kiss
And all the good times we have shared
And those diamonds in the midnight sky
Make it perfectly clear
As long as I have you
I’ve got heaven here
I’ve got heaven here

Bridge

We were meant to be
that much is true
yeah paradise is me and you

CH

And girl, I’ve got heaven here
As long as I have you
I’ve got heaven here
I’ve got heaven here

Words and music copyright 2018 by David Snyder, ASCAP/Day of Faith Records

David Snyder Main Acoustic and Vocals

Other tracks used

V1

RealTracks in style: ~683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 2933:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking SongwriterFolkSlapQuinn Ev 120
RealDrums in style: MultiRD [Multi] (Congas and shakers)

V2

RealTracks in style: 2692:Organ, Rhythm ModernPopSlowMike Ev 075
RealTracks in style: 804:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm DrivingCountryBalladClean Ev 065 (A:chop)
RealTracks in style: 837:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltCountryRootsy Ev 075 (B:held)
RealDrums in style: FunkyCountryPop [Multi]

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Now that's some dedication! It sounded like it was worth it to me. Great stuff, David. smile

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Yes David, this is commercial worthy for sure!!! Very descriptive lyrics, let's me see you strumming guitar and singing. The reverb on your vocal really gives it a shine. Just the right feel to the rythym, and good balance between highs and lows. Cliff

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is one of your best tunes David IMHO. I did get a Van Morrison vibe which I think is a good thing. Well done .

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bruce Springsteen sings Van Morrison.....with claves.

Be careful with the claves.... they tend to be bright and cut through easily..... so don't let them draw people's attention from the song.

Cool tune and good work.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi David,

This style immediately put me in mind of Albert Hammond's - "It Never Rains In Southern California"
Hey, you're in good company there - check out his wiki for the songs he's written.

Commercial? Very definitely! Well worth the extra work.

Super vocal - the best I've ever heard you sing.

Hope it makes money for you - it certainly should do.

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Our fav DS vocal! Oh, and we are huge Van fans.

Well done and hope it works out well for you!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
That does evoke Van the Man, and my ears heard a touch of Randy Newman in there. I can see hearing it on Sirius some day.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David,

You did a great job on raising this - notches, notches, notches. Many. WAY up.

Wonderful, fresh images throughout - that all help support your (modified. better) hook.

A nice "clean" BAND. A very engaging vocal.

A terrific listen.

Job. Well. Done.

(That Noel - he's a peach, eh?)

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David,

I echo the reviews above that this is now snappier, happier and more commercial.
Whatever you did on the vocals its working great - its a subtle difference, but the vocals here really stand out.
Forgive me for preferring the more personal lyrics on the original song- the changes are well crafted and more accessible so your aim was true.

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David

Possibly the best I've heard you sound. Really nice work all round.
Right up there with your best.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David I also think that this is one of your best. Your vocal is the best that I have heard from you. Super backing tracks with an outstanding mix.

This sounds pro to me and I hope it makes you a fortune.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Fantastic song,

enjoyed the first one and really like this one

a strong write and very uplifting

so good!

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, David

Very Cathy!
Strong vocal!
As ROG says, this style immediately put me in mind of Albert Hammond's - "It Never Rains In Southern California"
And I strongly feel the impact of John Lennon on the rhythm of the melody.
I felt the influence of the Beatles on how to put the back chorus.
Very good song!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good stuff, David! Love the vocal.

Can't add much to what has already been written about the quality of the song and the performance but I think no one has mentioned the production yet. That is really standing out for me, the way you build the song as it progresses, adding and taking away. Top notch in my book.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Although I prefer the original version having more beautiful arrangement and touching lyrics, this one is more poppy and upbeat, reminds me of Prince's pop side. Definitely hit material, if there's any justice in the world, this should top all the charts - so catchy by rhythm and melody. Your production and vocals are really on your highest top level.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Ember! Thanks for selling me those Xtra Styles.

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Thanks Clifton! I have to say that new Cakewalk by Bandlab is really something!

Thanks for the listen!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Thank you Scott. Sometimes I can't help the Van Morrison vibe. Nothing else will come out.

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David,

You've really polished this up! It's a very engaging listen on all fronts! What I especially like is the sense of emotional 'ooompff' that comes with verse 2 where the music increases in emotional intensity and the lyrics develop very strongly.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195