65. Error message when trying to close RealBand: "Cannot create file ... RBToolB05.Ini"
This error message means that RealBand is unable to write or modify this configuration file. This may happen if the file is marked as read-only, or if you do not have "write" access to the RealBand folder.
Right-click on the RealBand folder (usually C:\RealBand), and select Properties. Make sure "read-only" is unchecked, and press [Apply]. You may be asked if you want the changes to apply to all subfolders and files. Yes, you do.
If that doesn't resolve the problem, you may be running RealBand on Windows 2000 or XP Pro under a limited (non-administrator) account. If this is the case, you may not have "write" access to the RealBand folder. The solution is to log onto the computer as an administrator and change the security settings for the RealBand folder. For instance, on Windows XP Professional, you would:
- Right-click on the RealBand folder (usually C:\RealBand) and select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Select the Group or User name that pertains to the limited account you are running RealBand on.
- In the Permissions window, make sure that "write" access is not denied for that group.
- Press [Apply].