Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Bob_B Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I use an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra audio interface with BIAB. My short-range upgrade pathway is to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and BIAB2014 to BIAB2016.

Does anyone on the forum use the Fast Track Ultra? Are there drivers for Windows 10? Any problems to know?

Thanks (and sorry for the off-topic question),

Bob

Apprentice
Apprentice
I have a lowly M-Track, and the latency never went over 7.5ms on Win10.

HTH,

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
Milano, Italy
https://soundcloud.com/theodore-kojak/tracks
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
Bob_B Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks, and good to know. Did the driver update for Win10 automatically download during your upgrade to Win10, or did you have to manually install it? (If the latter, where did you find the latest Win10 driver?)

Veteran
Veteran
Using the fast track pro on 10, went ok, upgrade from windows 8.1 didn't need to reinstall driver again.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Veteran
Veteran
I have the Fastrack Pro (not the Ultra) and my upgrade to Windows 10 seemed to have picked up the driver from Windows 7 (I did not have to re-install). Likewise on my Windows 8.1 computer when I upgraded to Windows 10 - no need to re-install.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Bob_B Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your replies. It sounds like an upgrade from 7 to 10 shouldn't be too much of an issue for my FastTrack.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Sorry to be the one bearing the bad news:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Download/Fast-Track-Ultra-Drivers?retURL=%2Fpkb%2Farticles%2Fen_US%2FDownload%2FFast-Track-Ultra-Drivers&popup=true

"6.1.10 Oct 10, 2014 This is the final driver release for the Fast Track Ultra.
Note that Windows 10 (or later) is not compatible and will not be qualified"

Looks like you're out of luck.

HTH,

Last edited by LtKojak; 02/17/16 10:45 AM.

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
Milano, Italy
https://soundcloud.com/theodore-kojak/tracks
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
Veteran
Veteran
Says the same for fast track pro, but wouldn't pay much attention to that as myself and others seem to have it working ok in 10.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Bob_B Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Bummer about that LtKojak, but I guess I'll just have to try and see _when_ I upgrade, which may occur later rather than sooner.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I finally bounced my Fast Track Ultra after Avid treated it as a redheaded stepchild too long. I replaced it with a Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 and have had a lot fewer headaches. I always found the Fast Track software interface confusing with all the busses and whatnot.

I hate to replace hardware that works, but if something causes my 4-5 of additional unnecessary aggravation in a month, and it is not officially supported by my OS, it gets replaced.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
Bob_B Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Yes. I feel the same way about the FTU: the user interface (to this day) is quite confusing, although I've had next to no problems with my FTU. It is a heck of a lot better than the old EMU 4x4 it replaced. BTW, I'll keep the Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 in mind if I need to replace. Thanks for the tip.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Software is pretty much always more flexible and versatile than hardware, but there are certain things in life where I just like to turn a dial or push a physical button and see stuff light up. I also like the Ketron 4 for that reason. I can always do what I need on the box if the software isn't cooperating.

32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
A
A
For the MAudio Windows 10 drivers, you can get it from here: https://www.driverdr.com/maudio-drivers/.

And if you find the Maudio Fastrack driver you download do not work or not compatible with the Windows 10 system, you can try to enter the device manager, and then uninstall the driver and reinstall it again. Windows will automatically help you do this. And you can view this step by step: https://www.driverdr.com/windows10/update-m-audio-drivers-for-windows-10/

And here is the list of Maudio hardware which released the Windows 10 version drivers: Maudio products drivers compatible with windows 10

Expert
Expert
I have the Fast Track Ultra 8R linked to a laptop and have installed the latest driver that is on Avid's website and it works without any problems whatsoever.

I use the laptop and interface in a live situation regularly and I trust it not to give me any problems. (It hasn't so far)

Live I use backings from BIAB, backings from mp3's and play live instruments like TruePianos and Lounge Lizard all on the same computer simultaneously. I can plug my microphone into the Fast Track and have reverb effects on my voice (controlled through the Fast Track's mixer)

Of course the reason to say they're not supporting Win 10 is so that you will happily go and spend more money on a new interface - interfaces are not something you buy on a regular basis!

I also have an old M-Audio Delta 1010 which works with no problems on a desktop computer with Windows 10.

Kevin smile

T
T
hi all!

i installed 6.1.12 driver on windows 10 home

well, it works, BUT not properly - there are only 2 outputs detected, 1 and 2
outputs 3-4 are not detected and not indicated by any DAW i'm using (fl studio, abletone, vegas)

is there any solution for this bug?

many thanx for ANY answer!

Veteran
Veteran
The most recent driver I had installed was 6.1.11 (which I ran on both my Win7Pro and Win10Pro machine); however, I just had a lot of problems with my FastTrack Pro, that I just gave up on it and bought the Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD instead (which I run on my Win7 machine and am thinking of getting a second one for my Win10 machine).

I'll have to take another look at the 6.1.12 driver and see if makes a difference for me (clearly it doesn't for you) and compare it to 6.1.11 (the drivers are still loaded on the computers; I only disconnected the devices).

But yest, the FastTrack Pro is hit or miss on Win10 and they didn't update the drivers properly for it (I guess they wanted you to buy a new unit).

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Journeyman
Journeyman
Yeah .. Sometimes you have to let go of audio gear when the manufacturer stops supporting a new OS. I always thought the M-Audio software was too complex (at least for me.) I eventually went with a Komplete Audio 6.

32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I know nothing of the FastTrack but I recently found I could use my ancient M-Audio Quattro on Windows 10 via the magic of ASIO4ALL. Not all the bells and whistles it originally offered but all the ins and outs.

the Insolent Lad
Enough small empty boxes thrown into a big empty box fill it full. ~Carl Sandburg
Expert
Expert
Generally, and it seems the more necessary with windows 10, you'll have to update the firmware of your (recent? USB?) hardware. f.i. RME has updates of both drivers and firm wares quite often, though my MOTU midi timepiece's firmware has not been updated as far as i know, though the drivers had.-F

M
M
My 2 cents as of 9/2021:
M-Audio Fast track Ultra
Windows 10 is working with both the old, but latest, driver from Avid as well as asio4all. Even the mixer software for assigning everything works fine (knock on

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,455
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195