Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
beatmaster #494566 10/07/18 01:54 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Honestly enjoyed this, one or two of the posts referred to Dick Van Dyke dancing to this,

YES I definitely watched that Movie while listening to Summer Moon.

Great write and Vocals, and a mind journey like no other.

P.s. Made me a wee bit jealous , as I think you guys are just coming in to summer as we leave... I think ?.

Hi beatmaster,

Thank you for taking the time and for all the kind words. I appreciate it. And it's true, we're presently in the middle month of spring -- although it felt more like summer today. I'm looking forward to it!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
floyd jane #494683 10/08/18 08:25 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Noel,

That harmonica opening is a nice, novel idea...

Your BAND is really nice. Sparse and full - just what it needs to be.

Excellent mix. Your vocal is so "present". Nice harmony, too...

A good write - so positive (as your write almost always are) - feel-good songs... The chorus has that "soft shoe" feel (another Noel signature) that make it a delight for the ears.

An enjoyable listen!

fj

Floyd nailed the review! This is a very sweet treat. Love the optimism! Everything works just as it should. Great stuff Noel!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As so often with your compositions Janice was moved to tears early on...tears of joy.

One listen through and she commented on how much she loved the melody and your vocal pointing out the "And when you sprinkle the world with moonlight from high in heaven ." And you singing slightly different each time is right in her wheelhouse smile

The harp worked great and the harmony at the end was an excellent touch.

As I type Janice just said, "Paul McCartney might steal this song!"

All of this and wrapped up in a very nice production!

Kudos!!!!

J&B

Hi J&B,

It's always great to see you.

Thank you for making my day! When I first read this, I didn't know what to say. I still don't other than to say a huge and heartfelt "Thank you" for your uplifting comments.

I really appreciate your thoughts.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Sundance #494847 10/09/18 09:58 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
I love the way this song lifts my spirit and carries my heart along. All the little production touches. I've always heard it said that positive songs are always the most in demand because they are hardest to write. You have a wonderful gift Noel.

Hey Josie,

Thanks for the visit. It's always excellent to see you in Users Showcase. I'm glad that you found time to listen to my song. I appreciate the comments.

Thanks again and all the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Noel

Very good song!
Very positive and uplifting!
Your lyrics are always very easy to understand for me who is not a native speaker of English.
Your vocals sung in a humming feel really fit this song.
When Japanese people make such a song like this, the image of a solitary traveler tends to come to the fore, but your song is very different.
It is happy and very pleasant.
It is also a pleasant that the bridge starts from III7.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki Adachi,

Thank you for dropping in and giving the song a listen. I always look forward to your comments. I'm glad you like chord III on the bridge - I thought I'd choose something different from what I'd usually use smile When I first tried it in BIAB, it sounded like a great fit for the mood so I left it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RnAM #494895 10/09/18 02:15 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Noel,

I agree completely with Robert's words!
This song seems to come from a very positive world.
Beautifully done!

Rob

Rob and Anne-Marie,

It's always good to see you. Thanks for having a listen. I appreciate it.

All the best to you both,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Tano Music #494897 10/09/18 02:17 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Noel, so smooth and likeable!

I think everyone likes that 'soft shoe' style, and so using that style emphasizes the 'good feeling' character of the whole track.

Excellent deployment of the harmonica.
Loved the vocal doubling to kick off that last chorus.
Overall pleasing to the ear; great example of 'keeping it simple' to deliver a great musical/lyrical message.

Really enjoyed this!

Tano,

Thank you! I appreciate that you had a bit of time to have a listen and I also greatly value your insight.

May good things come you way,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
44kfl #495073 10/10/18 12:15 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Gorgeous song,

uplifting, such a feel-good write

love that harmonica!

great mix, tight harmonies

enjoyed the listen!

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

It's good to see you on the forum once more! Thank you for listening. I sincerely appreciate your comments, too.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
gruverider #495074 10/10/18 12:18 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
The opening harmonica (and the reverb on it) is inspired. And I really appreciate you stretching your vocal in the bridge ("high in heaven")! It adds to the depth and sincerity of the vibe.

very much enjoyed!

Hi Lawrence,

Good to see you. Thanks for having a listen. I used automated envelopes with the reverb on the harmonica so that that the tail end was boosted. The effect seemed to work ok so I left it. Thanks for taking the time to comment, too. I appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Noel,

That harmonica opening is a nice, novel idea...

Your BAND is really nice. Sparse and full - just what it needs to be.

Excellent mix. Your vocal is so "present". Nice harmony, too...

A good write - so positive (as your write almost always are) - feel-good songs... The chorus has that "soft shoe" feel (another Noel signature) that make it a delight for the ears.

An enjoyable listen!

fj

Floyd nailed the review! This is a very sweet treat. Love the optimism! Everything works just as it should. Great stuff Noel!! Take care. Greg

Hey Greg,

Thank you for visiting, listening and commenting. I appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #552295 08/31/19 01:57 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
In a word: AWESOME, my friend!

Noel96 #552302 08/31/19 02:54 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Don,

Thank you for having a listen! I see you got to the link in your thread before I removed it. I apologise for not being quick enough! As recompense, I'll do a spot of advertising for your song laugh

Don's Song (link)

After I posted the link to "Summer Moon" in your thread, I thought better of it because I didn't want to hijack your thread too much and talking about prostate cancer was probably already borderline hijacking!

But yes... these lyrics were written around three weeks after I had my prostate removed in December 2017 -- this is the Australian summer. I was in hospital undergoing a bit of damage control. It was the early hours of the morning, around 2a.m. or so, I was on the 5th floor in a window bed and a full moon was highlighting everything I could see. It was an amazing sight. Coupling that night with the fact that I was so very happy to be alive led to these lyrics growing in my mind. The song wasn't finished until around mid-2018.

I really appreciate that you had some spare time to pop over and visit. Thank you again!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #552418 09/01/19 10:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You got the most out of that harp RT. Great to be so positive. Nice vox, it all worked well for me.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
TuneMonger #552555 09/02/19 07:34 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
You got the most out of that harp RT. Great to be so positive. Nice vox, it all worked well for me.

Thanks heaps for having a listen. I really appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #552647 09/02/19 05:11 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Easy loping melody, feel-good words, long phrases that look impossible on paper and come off as effortless...

Yep, another gem by Noel.

So many good things here, but I especially loved the triplets in the melody.

You make it look so simple, but I know you're probably one of the most analytical writers on this forum. And that feeling of effortlessness is a feat by itself.

Despite being an die-hard curmudgeon, I enjoyed it all! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
dcuny #553289 09/06/19 12:51 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Easy loping melody, feel-good words, long phrases that look impossible on paper and come off as effortless...

Yep, another gem by Noel.

So many good things here, but I especially loved the triplets in the melody.

You make it look so simple, but I know you're probably one of the most analytical writers on this forum. And that feeling of effortlessness is a feat by itself.

Despite being an die-hard curmudgeon, I enjoyed it all! laugh

Hey David,

Thank you for having a listen! Appreciate it.

What you say is correct, I do approach writing songs from the analytical side of the fence. That's because it's the only way that works for me. I wasn't born with a flair for being spontaneously creative.

For me creativity follows from laying out a base plan. So whether it's a chord progression, melody or lyrics, all my songs start with a methodically laid out sequence of events as a foundation. Once I start building on this foundation, creativity sometimes comes and visits. Even if it doesn't, though, a carefully constructed starting place still gets me to a final product and all ends well. With this approach, I'm not left with unfinished songs.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I like that you are a "die-hard curmudgeon". You have a great way of analysing things and I've picked up quite a bit from you over the years.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #553301 09/06/19 01:33 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

I can't believe I missed this the first time around... This is an outstanding song and performance. Awesome mix!

Love the harmonica opening and solo - creative and perfect for the song.

You do this style of music so well. Completely enjoyed!

Bob

rsdean #553430 09/07/19 07:08 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Noel,

I can't believe I missed this the first time around... This is an outstanding song and performance. Awesome mix!

Love the harmonica opening and solo - creative and perfect for the song.

You do this style of music so well. Completely enjoyed!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the listen and taking time to comment. I'm very grateful for your encouraging words.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #560772 10/25/19 11:54 AM
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Another pleasant uplifting song from you...
I really enjoyed listening to your music & your voice!

Jim
†=☮&♥
Jim #560799 10/25/19 02:38 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
Another pleasant uplifting song from you...
I really enjoyed listening to your music & your voice!

Hi Jim,

It's great to see you. Thank you for passing through the thread. And thank you for your kind comments. I appreciate them.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,455
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195