no one was there to welcome her back
a run-down station, overgrown tracks
an old wooden sign confirmed the fact
it was a town she once called home

three blocks down where the park used to be
sprawling apartments... not a single tree
this isn’t how she imagined it’d be
the town she once called home

home....can you ever go back home.... back home....

a lazy downtown all replaced
by high-rises and a hectic pace
everywhere she turned another stranger’s face
in the town she once called home

supermarkets and malls and mass transit stops
instead of the old familiar mom-and-pops
since when did they need more than one traffic cop
in the town she once called home

home....can you ever go back home.... back home....

she closes her eyes and just for a moment
nothing's changed
the streets are filled with sunday strollers
and everyone knows her name
and she’s still that small town girl
with dreams to change the world
as soon as she's found
a way out of this town
she once called home

what a pleasant surprise to find beacon drive
after all these years somehow survived
tears of joy well up inside
for the town she once called home

the smell of supper through the front door screen
mom and dad out on the front porch swing
a little prayer of thanks that her journey could bring her
to a place she could still call home

home....welcome back home.... back home....

The BAND:
RealTracks in style: 521:Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
RealTracks in song: ~1677:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleBrushesCountryPopEv16: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2066:Piano, Rhythm NewAgeAnswers Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealTracks in song: ~618:Fiddle, Background Allis Ev 120
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2060:Strings, Rhythm PopCountry Ev 120

Hope you find something to like.
Comments welcome.
Call your Mom.

floyd

floyd jane #495478 10/12/18 10:50 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
BEATIFUL!!!!!! This has always been a very personal subject for me. I am a person who frequently reflects on the past and the future. This song is a wonderful, beautifully executed examination of the meaning of home. Wonderful melancholy with a sweet, touching, and not overdone ending. LOVE the choice to make the chorus a reflective moment instead of a busy section....time to digest the deep content. LOVE the sparse and sweet arrangement. LOVE the vocal. LOVE THE WHOLE DANG THING!!!! Great Floyd!! Take care. Greg

floyd jane #495480 10/12/18 10:58 AM
User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
There's everything to like! Very good song with captivating lyrics. This track is begging for a video!!!

Your mixing is (at least in the songs I've heard) always very precise with no muddiness in the "dangerous" frequency zones.

Enjoyed it a lot!
Will

floyd jane #495489 10/12/18 11:38 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Too many thoughts going thru my head on this. I'm not even sure what direction to go with my comments. I have not ONE thing I could tell you to do differently.

I could pick apart every word, instrumentation, feeling but why? Every single thing I would say would be a compliment.

I will say this though...

"a lazy downtown all replaced
by high-rises and a hectic pace"

That says an AMAZING amount in so little time. But, now that I've said that, it makes me want to keep going...

The build was awesome, and the release to such an touching ending was a perfect contrast to that. Thanks for not letting me live in only "days gone by."

This song is gorgeous in every aspect.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
floyd jane #495508 10/12/18 12:16 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
floyd

Lovely work. Greg was spot on with his review. Great build and some spine tingling lyrics.
Wonderful mix -crystal clear on my system and your "trademark" lyric make this a joy to listen to.

Peter

floyd jane #495509 10/12/18 12:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! Just when I expected another melancholic verse, you switch directions and end up with a happy ending!

You did post a spoiler at the beginning, but I didn't believe it.

and she’s still that small town girl
with dreams to change the world
as soon as she's found
a way out of this town

Great lyric, sort of the reverse of Greg's Sutherland Road.

As always, a pleasure to listen to your songs! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
floyd jane #495516 10/12/18 12:46 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Floyd !:))

You´ve done it again !:))
What a wonderful tune with
splendid singing by you !
My new Floydfav for sure !!!

Cheers
Dani

floyd jane #495519 10/12/18 01:13 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Emotional and easy to relate to, even to people who stayed put. I too am glad you ended with sweetness, but I kinda felt like it was coming so it was as delicious as that pie you smelled in the oven during dinner.

Yep, that's what home is.

This was just great. I enjoyed it first bar to last.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
floyd jane #495591 10/12/18 08:50 PM
User Showcase
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
This is great.

So well done.

And very memorable.

"If The Beatles or the 60's had a message, it was 'Learn to swim'. And once you've learned - swim!"
John Lennon
floyd jane #495595 10/12/18 09:22 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

It's amazing how simplicity and structured fulfillment can be so mutually ingratiating. The music is simple in form, yet the story/lyric is fully engaging and fulfills the expectations of the listener. The two facets compliment each other, rather than compete, throughout. And you do it so smoothly and seemingly with little effort, although I can imagine the diligent work you out into this.

Although totally different styles, this song brought to mind the Ed Bruce song, "After All" - it's one of my all-time favorites. This one matches up quite nicely with it. It was a real pleasure. Best to you.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

floyd jane #495609 10/13/18 12:25 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, you are on a roll! Just one good song after another.

Love the story, very well written, and your vocals/harmonies are spot on.

Great mix, piano sounds fabulous. What VSTi are you using if you don't mind my asking?

Very much enjoyed the listen!

BlueAttitude #495611 10/13/18 12:58 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, you are on a roll! Just one good song after another.

Love the story, very well written, and your vocals/harmonies are spot on.

Great mix, piano sounds fabulous. What VSTi are you using if you don't mind my asking?

Very much enjoyed the listen!

Dave said it right. Really well written and done. Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
floyd jane #495650 10/13/18 03:53 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Floyd I will have to say to date this song is my favorite of yours. The lyrics are so beautiful and brought me to to such a different experience of going back home. Love the twist at the end of finding that sweet place. This song is as great as any coming out of Nashville. You really nailed it with this one.

floyd jane #495653 10/13/18 04:11 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Great song and vocal. Love the harmonies and the overall arrangement and the fact that the song kept building up throughout. Works really well and conveys the message of change which we cannot control so effectively.

floyd jane #495694 10/13/18 07:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,
So much to like -the story with enough detail to draw us in and space to make it universal; superb vocals and nicely placed harmonies, crystal clear piano... my favourite moment is the bridge where you bring out emotion held back in the chorus.
A big WOW for this.

Robert

floyd jane #495712 10/13/18 08:50 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd

This is a great song some have said best/ favourite Etc.

To me this stands on its own as it should.

One of the posts above mentioned the liking /opposite to Greg and his song Sutherland Road, although both are of the same style and structure Both shine in their own rights.

Enjoyed this Thanks.

P.S. PUT ME IN MIND OF Leo Sayer and orchard road.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

floyd jane #495713 10/13/18 08:51 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Super write,

the excellent harmonies just make this so smooth

and nice to listen to

the level of mix and musicianship is top notch

and that consistently great voice

all make for a beautiful song

Kenny

floyd jane #495797 10/13/18 06:49 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, floyd

Beautiful song!
I feel the essence of country in this tune.
Despite English lyrics, the story comes into my mind without difficulty.
I think that it is because of your powerful vocal.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Greg Johnson #495827 10/14/18 02:11 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
BEATIFUL!!!!!! This has always been a very personal subject for me. I am a person who frequently reflects on the past and the future. This song is a wonderful, beautifully executed examination of the meaning of home. Wonderful melancholy with a sweet, touching, and not overdone ending. LOVE the choice to make the chorus a reflective moment instead of a busy section....time to digest the deep content. LOVE the sparse and sweet arrangement. LOVE the vocal. LOVE THE WHOLE DANG THING!!!! Great Floyd!! Take care. Greg

Greg - such a review from such a writer is, indeed, much appreciated.

Will Josef #495893 10/14/18 11:11 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
There's everything to like! Very good song with captivating lyrics. This track is begging for a video!!!

Your mixing is (at least in the songs I've heard) always very precise with no muddiness in the "dangerous" frequency zones.

Enjoyed it a lot!
Will

Will - Thanks for stopping by for a listen!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195