Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hey there folks,

So here's something I initially had trouble with when trying to load up plugins I downloaded both in 32 and 64 bit (most plugins that support both 32 and 64 bit will have the option to install both automatically checked during the install process).

Here's the thing, when these plugins are installed, the .dll files for the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the same plugins are placed separately under C\Program Files (x86) and C\Program Files respectively (see screenshots).

So for all you users who don't use J-bridge (myself included, despite having bought it, because I'm a different PC now, my original license link expired, and I'm too lazy to contact them for a new one frown ), make sure you load up the dll file from C\Program Files (x86).

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
VST .png (37.97 KB, 88 downloads)
VST 2.png (109.12 KB, 87 downloads)
Last edited by DeaconBlues09; 10/10/18 10:10 PM.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent tip. Thanks for posting.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Veteran
DeaconBlues -

Unless you've changed your email address, you should be able to get a new copy of jbridge by just requesting it. You go to the jbridge site and click on the link for the latest registered update, enter your email address, and the program gets mailed to you in a double compressed file (you'll need to have either 7-zip or WinRAR available) to unzip the initial 7-zip file and then the resulting WinZip file (you can use WinZip for the second file, but not the 7-zip format, unless they've recently added it).

Then, you can just install jbridge and it will work automatically in BIAB and RealBand.

If you have changed your email address since originally getting it, just send them a note indicating your old email address, along with your new email address, and some indication that you originally did purchase it. That's what I did when I changed my email address, and they responded quickly.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks John, This seems a lot easier than I feared. I'll give it a shot...

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: jford
DeaconBlues -

Unless you've changed your email address, you should be able to get a new copy of jbridge by just requesting it. You go to the jbridge site and click on the link for the latest registered update, enter your email address, and the program gets mailed to you in a double compressed file (you'll need to have either 7-zip or WinRAR available) to unzip the initial 7-zip file and then the resulting WinZip file (you can use WinZip for the second file, but not the 7-zip format, unless they've recently added it).

Then, you can just install jbridge and it will work automatically in BIAB and RealBand.

If you have changed your email address since originally getting it, just send them a note indicating your old email address, along with your new email address, and some indication that you originally did purchase it. That's what I did when I changed my email address, and they responded quickly.

Thanks John, it worked like a charm! (Oh man how I love these forums and the good kind who folk who populate them grin)

D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Deacon,
Why would you install both the 32bit and 64bit versions of VSTs?

"If The Beatles or the 60's had a message, it was 'Learn to swim'. And once you've learned - swim!"
John Lennon
Veteran
Veteran
32 bits ones for use in Band-in-a-Box or any other 32 bit music applications and the 64 bit VSTs for use in 64 bit applications. Yes there is jBridge but it doesn't work 100% of the time. Also some VSTs never make the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit while other VSTs are only available in 64 bit form.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
32 bits ones for use in Band-in-a-Box or any other 32 bit music applications and the 64 bit VSTs for use in 64 bit applications. Yes there is jBridge but it doesn't work 100% of the time. Also some VSTs never make the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit while other VSTs are only available in 64 bit form.

Thanks, Jim.

Over the last couple of years I have tended to only download the 32-bit ones (apart from two days ago), because they work with the 64-bit systems, and I do not want to have extra stuff cluttering up the works.

"If The Beatles or the 60's had a message, it was 'Learn to swim'. And once you've learned - swim!"
John Lennon
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: drutgat
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle

Thanks, Jim.

Over the last couple of years I have tended to only download the 32-bit ones (apart from two days ago), because they work with the 64-bit systems, and I do not want to have extra stuff cluttering up the works.

To add on to what Jim said, there is really no downside to installing both 32 and 64 bit versions at the same time. There's really nothing to worry about IMO w/ respect to clutter as they get placed in separate folders anyway, they take up a negligible amount of HD space, and then you can use the 64 bit versions in Reaper (or your DAW of choice).

D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09

To add on to what Jim said, there is really no downside to installing both 32 and 64 bit versions at the same time. There's really nothing to worry about IMO w/ respect to clutter as they get placed in separate folders anyway, they take up a negligible amount of HD space, and then you can use the 64 bit versions in Reaper (or your DAW of choice).

The only difference I have occasionally noticed using 32bit vs 64 bit VST's in a 64 bit DAW is that the 64 bit VST's interfaces are sometimes more extensive; do either of you notice any sonic differences?

Last edited by drutgat; 10/14/18 08:57 PM.

John Lennon
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman

The only difference I have occasionally noticed using 32bit vs 64 bit VST's in a 64 bit DAW is that the 64 bit VST's interfaces are sometimes more extensive; do either of you notice any sonic differences?

So I'm not really not a computer guy, but from what I understand (and I could be very wrong) 32 bit architecture can only utilize 2 CPU cores, and 64 bit can take advantage of any number of them.

When it comes to BiaB the issue is twofold: First, as generating and regenerating RTs is CPU intensive, with multiple cores this would be exponentially faster. That is a quad core vs a dual core would not cut a regen time from, say 20 seconds to 10, but more like 20 seconds to 5 or even less.

The second has to do with VSTs, which, in itself has two components. First is the fact that many manufacturers of plugins are releasing their current products without 32 bit support. For instance, there are certain Native Instrument products that will only work in Reaktor 6, and Reaktor 6 only works in 64 bit. Second, if you are just using a simple VST for adding some chorus or distortion, that's no biggie. But say you want to play a MIDI string track through a very advanced orchestral VSTi (VST instrument). These can use gigabytes of samples for every possible articulation requiring tremendous amounts of processing power for which a quad-core CPU is the minimum requirement, let alone the recommended spec. This is why a lot of VSTis will have "purge" features, so that samples not in a particular track will not be loaded. For instance, if your score does not call for staccato strings, it will "purge" the dozens of staccato samples for each instrument in an entire string section instead of loading them up so that they are standing at the ready should your MIDI track need it to play instantly. In short, advanced, sophisticated VSTis pretty much require 64 bit functionality.

Again, I could be wrong about much of this. When the folks from other time-zones (who actually know their stuff) come online I'll probably be corrected on many of these points!

Last edited by DeaconBlues09; 10/14/18 10:10 PM.

D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Hi Deacon,
Many thanks for that information - it is very useful.

I had anticipated that things would move fully to 64 bit at some point, but have not really done any tracking for about a year so I am out of the loop, so to speak.

Talking of different time zones, I have again been up all night, so must get some sleep. It is early here in the EST time zone.\

Thanks again.

John Lennon
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Deacon,

I had anticipated that things would move fully to 64 bit at some point, but have not really done any tracking for about a year so I am out of the loop, so to speak.

Talking of different time zones, I have again been up all night, so must get some sleep. It is early here in the EST time zone.\

Thanks again.

Wow, you must be a night owl, insomniac, or both! Before you joined the forum, when it's morning where I live (Israel), it's pretty much only the Aussies and Brits I see hanging out here in the English-language forums. :-)

Veteran
Veteran
I have both 32-bit and 64-bit. The DLL files generally don't take up much space (unless they are VSTi instruments, but even then the DLL VSTi files share the same audio content). I have a bunch of legacy VSTs that only came in 32-bit, but the cool thing about jBridge is that it goes both ways. You can create bridged 32-bit VST's that work in 64-bit hosts, just like you can create bridged 64-bit VST's for 32-bit hosts. That just gives me the best of all worlds. Since I keep them all separated, it's pretty easy to manage and find the appropriate plugin.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Hi Deacon,

Thanks again.

Wow, you must be a night owl, insomniac, or both! Before you joined the forum, when it's morning where I live (Israel), it's pretty much only the Aussies and Brits I see hanging out here in the English-language forums. :-)

Yup, a bit of both, but especially a night owl. From Monday to Tuesday I stayed up for over 24 hours, and I did my usual of staying up last night through the night.

There is just too much to do...all of it to do with music.

I really do function best at night.

John Lennon
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Originally Posted By: jford
I have both 32-bit and 64-bit. The DLL files generally don't take up much space (unless they are VSTi instruments, but even then the DLL VSTi files share the same audio content). I have a bunch of legacy VSTs that only came in 32-bit, but the cool thing about jBridge is that it goes both ways. You can create bridged 32-bit VST's that work in 64-bit hosts, just like you can create bridged 64-bit VST's for 32-bit hosts. That just gives me the best of all worlds. Since I keep them all separated, it's pretty easy to manage and find the appropriate plugin.

Thanks for this, John.
I have not yet tried jbridge, and did not know that one could use it to make 64bit VSTs work in a 32bit environment.

Last edited by drutgat; 10/16/18 03:55 AM.

John Lennon
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,484
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195