Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
44kfl #498371 10/29/18 09:43 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Yeah, I read the whole dang thing, wont do that again, HA. THis is a top song, in every way, has a Jackson Browne feel to it. Thats a very good thing to me. Love it kenny!!! Cliff

44kfl #498445 10/29/18 07:05 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Kenny, liked this very much...mix was real nice, and overall I thought the composition hung together perfectly, music/vocal/lyric. I had to go back and read your comment about the quick fade at the end b/c I wish it wasn’t there, but I understand why you had to do it. Great performance as well, thanks for sharing it.

44kfl #498477 10/30/18 03:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"When I get back home to Evangeline
Where I can be a simple man
With my simple dreams
Making love in the morning light
I know that I’ll sleep better at night
And everything in the world will be alright
When I get back home to Evangeline"

Man, what a chorus! You never disappoint and we always look forward to a new Kenny song.

"...why I can’t keep my voice from distorting and cracking"

We have a suggestion: DON'T TRY! What you describe to us is simply soul and heart. Americana (and other genre's) have plenty of vocalists with what you describe and we like EVERY one of them. It's a gift...treasure it.

The write, the aforementioned vocal, the BiaB Band and the production are all in the pocket.

Terrific!

J&B

44kfl #498492 10/30/18 04:53 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Kenny,

now the other forum members have already said everything that needs to be said about this great sond...

Very well written and performed. Love the vocals, amazing...

TC Stefan

Tangmo #498549 10/30/18 09:23 AM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Kenny, you done made me even more homesick. Great lyric delivered with raw passion. Loved it.

Thank you so much for the listen and kind words,

sorry that you're a feelin' homesick

44kfl #498595 10/30/18 02:45 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Some really good writing here. I love your two verses so much I wanted to hear more about this character.

I can hear the J. Isbell but also maybe some Jackson Brown.

And your Vocal suits the vibe perfectly.

Good song writing and a delightful up-tempo rocker!

Keep up the great work!

beatmaster #498684 10/31/18 05:21 AM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
I really enjoyed my time with this song, and I even enjoyed your way of thinking that comes through in your songs.. And your thoughts.

I have a quick fade out on this song and it’s an attempt to hide the ghastly clam of a converted midi file Bass note that decided to abruptly cut off. I converted to a wav file when extracting it into my DAW.
I know that flex tool in Logic Pro should be able to stretch this note and do the same for the converted piano chord. I had already done my EQing of bass and drums and found a nice amp and tuned it in for my guitar soloist when I discovered the ending, so sue me. BIAB does so much of the work for us, but I consider my mixes to be a nice homemade demo that a professional could work with or start all over with.

That Kenny is what you know it is all about... so speak your Mind.

Well done Bro,

Ah, it was just morning rambling

thanks for the listen and kind words

rayc #498685 10/31/18 05:25 AM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
The song is terrific, the fade out is fine, the protestations seem odd but the songs and the delivery are what matters.
Distortion is often desirable.

Ray,

thanks for dropping by for a listen, I knew that I could count on you for an honest take on that quick fade ending.

meanwhile...
everybody talkin' 'bout
protestations, revelations ,constipation, procreation, devastation, manipulation

all we are sayin'...

44kfl #498695 10/31/18 06:35 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What a tune! I can't believe how catchy this was from the get go. I definitely can see myself humming this in my head for the day. That aside, your vocals are strong and memorable, and there's some great progressions as well.

Top notch stuff, you should be proud! Thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
44kfl #498705 10/31/18 07:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one Kenny, my kinda country, not too rocky, and certainly not pop.

Al-David #498833 11/01/18 04:56 AM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Kenny,

Clicking onto one of your songs is like being a kid and opening a Christmas present. You do know what's waiting but you know you're gonna like it. And you know how to wrap a song with a perfect band and vocal. Your vocals are always captivating. the dgy timbre in your voice causes your vocals to explode like a 4th of July bottle rocket.

And you are so right - "if your song is good then anyone should know that’s it’s good even if presented with only your voice and one instrument." That, in my opinion, is the true virtue of the song. When you get down to the bare bones, is it still a great listen? if so, you know you did good. And you always do good. Thanks for the ear candy. Loved it!

ALan

Thanks Alan,

I always appreciate your kind words and support

I was down in Texas recently and drove by the old "Wishing Well" club.

It's closed now and barely standing... another bygone era

Torrey Bliss #498835 11/01/18 04:58 AM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Kenny, I don't know if you saw my previous comment which I have now edited, I had trouble hearing your track at first, but disregard that! Now that I could hear it, it's great! But that's the norm for your work! This has that raw wonderful sound that I love! Great vocal and song! Thanks, Torrey

Hey Torrey,

Glad it worked on second try, I really appreciate your listens, support

and very kind words. I always look forward to your next song.

Noel96 #498838 11/01/18 05:06 AM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Kenny,

Like all that has come before this, your writing, arranging, singing and production glisten with musical competence. The first thought that came into my mind as I listened was, "This is a man who knows how to make good music". It's so true. The lyrics to the first verse pulled me into the song hook, line and sinker... terrific writing!

Each time I listen to one of your songs, I find myself reflecting on your lyrical images and your musical twists and turns and making mental notes for my own future work.

It's definitely enthusiastic thumbs up from me for this creation smile

All the best,
Noel

Noel,

As I read this I'm thinking I could say the same things about you and your

writing and songs.

I definitely appreciate your kind words, I admire your knowledge of music

how you can break things down and give us all a better understanding of some of the

classics. Your arrangements and harmonies especially always impress

(knock me out) on your song postings. I always read your postings because

there's always something to be learned, they have great value.

44kfl #498848 11/01/18 06:32 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Really enjoyed this - good strong chorus. Great powerful vocal too

Robertkc #499022 11/02/18 04:57 AM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Kenny,

Noel already praised the first verse, so I`ll have to second that; its great writing!
Everything works on this - " in service of the song" as you put it so well.By the last chorus its hard not to sing along.
Excellent work!

Robert

Robert, coming from you I take that as a great compliment

you are such a strong writer! I'd love to think that someone's singing

along to that chorus

Scott C #499023 11/02/18 05:00 AM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a cool track. First the backtrack has such a cool feel to it. super vocal and lyric. Loved the guitar super tone. But I must say the mandolin was such a nice touch. very cool

Hey Scott,

Thanks for your kind words and support, I love that mandolin mucho cada vez

(very much)

44kfl #499047 11/02/18 07:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Kenny,

That was a lot of info man.

But I love this song dude!!

smile

44kfl #499196 11/03/18 03:19 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nicely kicking pop-rock song with very catchy chorus, reminds me a little of The Jayhawks. Great powerful vocals and excellent mix. Mandolin and the solo guitarist sound very nice.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

PeterF #499220 11/03/18 05:31 AM
User Showcase
44kfl Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Kenny

Excellent write -loved the vocals nice and gritty. Band sounded good and I agree with Scott the mandolin was indeed a excellent.
Very nice songwriting.

Peter
(played it all the way through!)

Peter,

thanks, loved your latest song posting

44kfl #499283 11/03/18 01:05 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Kenny,

Very cool all American sound like only you can give us smile
We love the mandolin soloist.

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,477
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195