Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
HearToLearn #495997 10/15/18 04:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Too many thoughts going thru my head on this. I'm not even sure what direction to go with my comments. I have not ONE thing I could tell you to do differently.

I could pick apart every word, instrumentation, feeling but why? Every single thing I would say would be a compliment.

I will say this though...

"a lazy downtown all replaced
by high-rises and a hectic pace"

That says an AMAZING amount in so little time. But, now that I've said that, it makes me want to keep going...

The build was awesome, and the release to such an touching ending was a perfect contrast to that. Thanks for not letting me live in only "days gone by."

This song is gorgeous in every aspect.

HTL - always enjoy your thoughts on a song... (and, of course, I enjoyed these...) Thanks!

PeterF #496087 10/15/18 09:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Lovely work. Greg was spot on with his review. Great build and some spine tingling lyrics.
Wonderful mix -crystal clear on my system and your "trademark" lyric make this a joy to listen to.

Peter

Thanks for your continued support, Peter...

floyd jane #496102 10/15/18 12:53 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Congratulations Floyd,

This may be your most cinematic song yet, and it is definitely my favorite vocal of yours. So warm and authentic--truly winsome.

It's like miniature movie, this song.

I wonder what genre you would call this (or any number of your tunes.)

They don't sound "country" to me, more like Dan Folgelberg in the "storyteller" genre, which the Eagles did very well, as did Jim Croce.

If you had to put a genre on this (other than the Floyd genius genre) how would you define it?

Great job on this man.

floyd jane #496148 10/15/18 04:12 PM
User Showcase
G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G
You just proved again that Thomas Wolfe was right. You can't go home again. Well done, and well written.

dcuny #496192 10/16/18 03:16 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Wow! Just when I expected another melancholic verse, you switch directions and end up with a happy ending!

You did post a spoiler at the beginning, but I didn't believe it.

and she’s still that small town girl
with dreams to change the world
as soon as she's found
a way out of this town

Great lyric, sort of the reverse of Greg's Sutherland Road.

As always, a pleasure to listen to your songs! laugh

David - thanks for stopping by. It is always nice when someone notes a section of lyric (thanks!). Greg's song is so amazing - I'll happily be a counterpart to it smile

dani48 #496231 10/16/18 06:36 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd !:))

You´ve done it again !:))
What a wonderful tune with
splendid singing by you !
My new Floydfav for sure !!!

Cheers
Dani

Thanks, Dani!

floyd jane #496337 10/17/18 12:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
More wonderful storytelling by Mr FJ!! Floyd you are a master at doing these type songs! Thoroughly good in every way! Thanks, T

floyd jane #496365 10/17/18 03:38 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice’s immediate comments:

“What a passionate and soulful vocal.”
“The melody is mesmerizing.”
“That’s perfect piano.”
“The imagery would make an incredible video.”
“ It reminds me of Glen Campbell.”

Bud says, “ditto” and adds:

The clarity and overall sound of both your vocal and the piano are outstanding.
The lyric makes me contemplate over and over about what makes a great write like this. A wonderful combo of nature and nurture I think.

Sublime and poignant.

J&B

Tangmo #496446 10/17/18 12:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Emotional and easy to relate to, even to people who stayed put. I too am glad you ended with sweetness, but I kinda felt like it was coming so it was as delicious as that pie you smelled in the oven during dinner.

Yep, that's what home is.

This was just great. I enjoyed it first bar to last.

Thanks, Tangmo... appreciate that...

Al-David #496596 10/18/18 09:01 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: drutgat
This is great.

So well done.

And very memorable.

drutgat - thanks, appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd,

It's amazing how simplicity and structured fulfillment can be so mutually ingratiating. The music is simple in form, yet the story/lyric is fully engaging and fulfills the expectations of the listener. The two facets compliment each other, rather than compete, throughout. And you do it so smoothly and seemingly with little effort, although I can imagine the diligent work you out into this.

Although totally different styles, this song brought to mind the Ed Bruce song, "After All" - it's one of my all-time favorites. This one matches up quite nicely with it. It was a real pleasure. Best to you.

Alan

Alan - thanks for that very nice review. And thanks for mentioning Ed Bruce (he was a great one!) - I had never heard that song...found it on YouTube - nice!!

floyd jane #496621 10/18/18 01:10 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
"what a pleasant surprise to find beacon drive
after all these years somehow survived
tears of joy well up inside
for the town she once called home"

Great writing. And I love the name of her street!

Great intro and pacing throughout the arrangement.

And your vocals and harmonies are outstanding

Well done!

BlueAttitude #496688 10/19/18 03:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, you are on a roll! Just one good song after another.

Love the story, very well written, and your vocals/harmonies are spot on.

Great mix, piano sounds fabulous. What VSTi are you using if you don't mind my asking?

Very much enjoyed the listen!

Thanks for all of that, Dave...

The piano is my go-to piano VST - use it ALL the time - 4Frount TruePiano.
http://www.truepianos.com/
It is $120 - last Christmas they put it on sale for $80.
I've got a number of other pianos - EZKeys Grand and Studio Grand, Addictive Keys Studio Grand - but I use the TruePianos on almost everything... I like the way it cuts through the mix..

Teunis #496753 10/19/18 11:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Teunis
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, you are on a roll! Just one good song after another.

Love the story, very well written, and your vocals/harmonies are spot on.

Great mix, piano sounds fabulous. What VSTi are you using if you don't mind my asking?

Very much enjoyed the listen!

Dave said it right. Really well written and done. Tony

Tony - I really appreciate you stopping by for a listen and a comment.... Thanks!

Belladonna #496819 10/20/18 01:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Floyd I will have to say to date this song is my favorite of yours. The lyrics are so beautiful and brought me to to such a different experience of going back home. Love the twist at the end of finding that sweet place. This song is as great as any coming out of Nashville. You really nailed it with this one.

Thanks, Donna. Appreciate that...

floyd jane #496878 10/20/18 09:42 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

We recognize the situation!
When you go back to future places and times, it comes down to a disappointment most of the times.
Very good lyrics... as are the music and your vocals.

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

funkycornwall #496993 10/21/18 03:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: funkycornwall
Great song and vocal. Love the harmonies and the overall arrangement and the fact that the song kept building up throughout. Works really well and conveys the message of change which we cannot control so effectively.

Thanks, Tony. Nice of you to say...

Robertkc #497074 10/21/18 01:22 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
So much to like -the story with enough detail to draw us in and space to make it universal; superb vocals and nicely placed harmonies, crystal clear piano... my favourite moment is the bridge where you bring out emotion held back in the chorus.
A big WOW for this.

Robert

Robert - thanks for your continued support... and thanks for mentioning the bridge - it's a bit different than my usual...

floyd jane #497126 10/22/18 05:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
wow Floyd this is a great production so well done eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
floyd jane #497131 10/22/18 06:14 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

I love this... Beautiful and touching. Great vocal and production as well.

Some very cool lines in this song:

"a lazy downtown all replaced
by high-rises and a hectic pace
everywhere she turned another stranger’s face
in the town she once called home"

Outstanding stuff!

Bob

floyd jane #497147 10/22/18 08:01 AM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Floyd,

Terrific lyrics on this one—love the rhyme scheme and pacing, accentuated by the great vocal delivery. Nice job on those background vocals starting that second verse. Great theme on this one, too. We’ve all been there, going back to a beloved spot and seeing how it’s changed, how affecting that can be. And yet it’s still that same place. Well captured here. Great tune—enjoyed listening to this one.

Hope all is well in your world.

Regards,

Deej

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195