Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Hi Folks.
I don't post here much but I do listen to and enjoy your songs which are an inspiration to me.
If anyone is interested I just posted a new song to YouTube https://youtu.be/DVODjDMoH7w called "My Secret Love" . I put my own strings in but the rest is all BIAB.
Thanks in advance if you take the time to listen and I welcome any advice or suggestions for improvement.
Regards
Gary Weder.

1765:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop16ths Ev16 085
2693:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm ModernPop16thsMike Ev16 075
1761:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 085
1825 Bass Electric PopModernGroove Ev 16
1595 Guitar Acoustic Fingerpicking
2666 Pedal Steel Rhythm Lush Chords Slow Ev
drums JazzFunkGroovin^1-a:HHSdStk, b:HHSnr

for 3 bar instru & last chorus :
Style is _THRSHGS.STY (80s Hard Rock w/ Guitar Solo)

1168 Guitar Electric Soloist RockBalladBrent Ev
642 Guitar Electric Rhythm HardRock ThrashHollow Ev
639 Guitar Electric Rhythm HardRock Thrash Ev
RealDrums Rock thrash Half Time Ev16
387 Bass Electric Metal Ev

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
A really nice song. Some wonderful production with the changes in instrumentation that kept it fresh. I really like this soft and hopeful love song.

The only constructive comment I can think to make is so minor, I wouldn't change this unless you really want to. It might be a useful note going forward, however.

If I'm counting right, you are singing the last three syllables of "reality" (re-A-LI-TY) over half-notes. Just for that word in this context, I think you'd be better singing quarter-notes in the same melody (of course, this would produce a longer rest after the phrase). Your chords will support it. It would be more "conversational" phrased this way. As it is, it sounds just a little bit forced in an intimate song such as this. The rest of your "phrasing" seems spot-on and engaging. If I'm counting wrong, it might be changing quarter-notes to eighth-notes...same principle.

As I said...just a note going forward. Those kinds of "held notes" work great (often) in big, anthem pieces. They are to be avoided (in my view) in more intimate pieces, unless they simply must be there. It all depends on the word/phrase. As much as is musically and thematically possible, I'd try to sing it with the same general rhythm as I'd say it.

Enjoyed the listen (and the video was a nice accompaniment).

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Gary,

This is a good listen. Nice, varied production and very pleasant vocals. A nice song.

A really nice balance between the acoustic guitars and vocal at the beginning. The strings sound good.

The drums were extremely interesting. I'm hearing snare sounds coming from both directions - both the left and right speaker - unusual, unique, interesting. How did you do that?

Enjoyed this. Welcome to the Showcase!

fj

User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Thankyou Tangmo for the constuctive suggestions which I have taken on board.
Much appreciated.
Gary.

User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Thanks Floyd.
I feel honoured that you took the time to listen to my song. I have just spent the last hour listening and being blown away by the quality of your songs. You set the bar pretty high and i will continue to listen , learn , enjoy and be inspired by your music.
Best Regards.
Gary Weder.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Gary,

I really enjoyed the listen.

It's easy to hear that you've put a lot effort into creating and presenting this composition. The end result is a very engaging and very haunting audio-visual experience. I was captivated by the attention that you've given the arrangement. You had me with you all the way.

I look forward to hearing more! Welcome to the forum smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool song,

a strong write, love the overall sound, good mix

the progression or melody esp. in the beginning makes me

think of Bowie, love when the electric guitar comes in, powerful.

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely song Gary. Beautiful backtrack. Excellent vocal and lyric. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Gary,

A very pleasant listen. Welcome aboard.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Pretty and heartfelt. Nice song.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice band you put together and the mix sounds really good on our monitors.

We agree with what Kenny wrote: "the progression or melody esp. in the beginning makes me think of Bowie, love when the electric guitar comes in, powerful."

Your vocal sits right where it should be, in our opinion, in the mix -- just out front enough to convey the emotion.

Enjoyed it...well done!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A very nice song - and an strong mix. Nice strings and some interesting dynamics going on.
Well done.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Gary, I listened to your song and I feel this has an amazing and interesting melody/chord structure. It's a very lovely tune that stays with you after listening. That's what an artist strives for isn't it! You did some good work here! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Yes, definitely!

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
cool song.... I enjoyed listening.

Nice work on the production. The only nit was the kick seemed to clip but that could have been due to my crappy speakers on this computer.

Yes..... welcome to the showcase.... post up some more tunes.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What a pretty, and well executed tune smile Your vocals are so soft and sweet here, and I found the backing tracks to compliment your voice perfectly. I thoroughly enjoyed that gradual progression throughout too. And too boot, the mixing job is concise and professional sounding.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really nice!! Very engaging!! Some really nice music, very good lyrics, and a natural, very passionate vocal. Excellent job putting the arrangement together. SOOO much to like here!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
HI Gary,

Well, most of what I've been thinking has been said by previous folks. But I'd like to echo their sentiments about what a great song this is. Nice change when the electric guitar comes in. A very fitting video. Nice;y done in all respects. it would be nice if you posted more often! Best to you.

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Mr. Weder...

The music of your song, "My Secret Love" possessed the power to suspend my thoughts so completely that I was wholly immersed in listening to it -- no distractions, just went along with the turns in the river of emotions that flowed from your composition.

Would you post your lyrics, please? I picked up strands of them, but I will confess that listening to beautiful, arresting music sometimes overwhelms my ability to concentrate on the words.

Regardless, your handling of the Band-in-a-Box elements sounded quite skillful to me.

Waiting on the lyrics,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Gary

Nice and lovely song!
Your sentiments are very well expressed.

I agree with Noel.
It's easy to hear that you've put a lot effort into creating and presenting this composition.
Besides the RT’s described above, strings and choirs are also included in this tune, and I am looking forward to your works in the future.
I always think that the work increases more deeply by adding obbligatos by the orchestral instruments with ingenuity of RT combination.

Enjoyed my listen a lot.
Welcome to the forum.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,530
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200