Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Hi folks.
Not sure if it is possible.. to get rid of / minimize this magic BIAB VST cake topper that takes about 1/4 size of my screen. Never seen this size of a "topper" in any other software I used. I can not make resolution larger as it is about maxed. As it is, it is very frustrating using Kontakt / it does not fully fit on the screen.
Please let me know.
Thank you.

photo:

Beginners Forum
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Rustyspoon,

The top of that window can't be removed or collapsed, but I'll be happy to pass along a feature request.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Kent, thank you for your reply.
sad...

As you can probably see, it is not a "feature", but a mistake (bug) correction request.

I have not tried SampleTank in BIAB yet, but I am guessing it is going to be same story. If you need, I will try it and send you picture.

P.S. Also with your request, kindly pass my concern that making this "topper" fit "certain" screen resolutions will not cure the problem. It needs to be able to be minimized to be equally +/- universal on different setups.

Thank you!

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Rusty,

Just in case this might have slipped you by, to get more of Kontakt on the main screen, there's a vertical scrollbar on the right that can be dragged down.

From the look of things, if you drag this down then Kontakt seems like it will be able to be fully seen.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
REAPER is good that way you just click it and it's out of the box.
You can resize and scroll it, they should add a button to do this automatically.

Or just use IL MiniHost then the vsti is not framed and it can be chained:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=394808#Post394808

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-VST-Window-Resize.png (984.69 KB, 459 downloads)
BB-IL-MiniHost.png (301.27 KB, 164 downloads)
Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Noel, thank you. I know about scrolling opportunity, but it is a nuisance. There is a good reason why all other software that I know that deal with VST have this the neat way and do not have kettle bell hanging on top smile
I am sure you would prefer having this topper collapsible or with method pipeline explained in request section to make navigation easier. If you do, kindly vote. Thank you.

Pipeline, Thanks! Interesting approach. I am heading to "request" section to vote on your thread.

Best regards,
Mike.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I've been asking for this almost every year since the first time VST/DX effects were available in BIAB/PTPA/RealBand. Maybe this time we'll get it fixed, with the input from Kent.

Fingers crossed.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
John,
pipeline started a thread in BIAB wish list about this, with detailed info on how to. Also, VideoTrack contributed by making visual presentation on how this might work with sliding menu. Please vote.

More on this topic... Can anybody please explain the idea behind this "Topper"? It seems that VST items are present and recalled from "plugin" tab at the mixer...Maybe this whole topper is not needed at all, to be attached to VST window, but would work as a separate menu button on the actual mixer track "plugin" tab? Meaning, it stays in limbo unless you recall it.

regards,
Misha.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
This is one of those "legacy" things that keeps hanging on from before VST's were supported in Biab. It's been requested many times for about 10 years now.

I think the reason it's not a priority is very few users use VST's because they're not GM. Biab is a midi based program using GM. The vast majority of users don't want to mess with manually setting up the instruments for each song. A GM synth does it automatically. If a user also uses a DAW with Biab (most users don't) that user will set up their VST's with their DAW not with Biab. They create the song structure in Biab using a GM synth then export it out to a DAW where all the VST's reside.

It happens on these forums all the time, a new user has questions, those questions center around DAW functions so the answer is they're better off doing whatever it is in Real Band, not Biab because RB is a DAW. They don't get it, never heard of RB and insist on using Biab anyway for everything. Ok fine but then you're dealing with stuff like this which is one reason RB was created in the first place.

Just use the scrollbar.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Bob, thanks for explanation about "legacy" thing.
I am using DAW... but it has little to do with this request.
I like to audition tracks with good sound before exporting to DAW...
This is a simple fix. Hope enough people support this so PG can make this cleaner in BIAB.

Thanks.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
This is one of those "legacy" things that keeps hanging on from before VST's were supported in Biab. It's been requested many times for about 10 years now.

That and a lot of other "legacy" things

I think the reason it's not a priority is very few users use VST's because they're not GM. Biab is a midi based program using GM. The vast majority of users don't want to mess with manually setting up the instruments for each song. A GM synth does it automatically. If a user also uses a DAW with Biab (most users don't) that user will set up their VST's with their DAW not with Biab. They create the song structure in Biab using a GM synth then export it out to a DAW where all the VST's reside.

Bob, I will respectfully disagree. I think that a lot of users are using a DAW and a lot of users are also manually setting up instruments and using VSTis. With the advent of SFZ and Super MIDI tracks even PGM notices this.

It happens on these forums all the time, a new user has questions, those questions center around DAW functions so the answer is they're better off doing whatever it is in Real Band, not Biab because RB is a DAW. They don't get it, never heard of RB and insist on using Biab anyway for everything. Ok fine but then you're dealing with stuff like this which is one reason RB was created in the first place.

Just use the scrollbar.

Bob

I totally agree. Some users insist on using BiaB as a DAW. It is NOT a DAW and hopefully it never will be a DAW. As you said if you are a PC user you have RB. If you are a Mac user you have Garage Band. Plus there are plenty of pro DAWs one can purchase.

BiaB in an accompany backing track generator, period.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
Hi
I really can’t see why anyone wants to get rid of it.
Personally I find it useful, especially when different vst synths are on multiple mixer tracks, and may have been used for style tracks if it’s a midi style as well as melody and soloist.
Just clicking on the left hand column track/inst names brings up the gui for the synth in use on that track for adjustment
And is a quick way of seeing what synth is on what track including the default synth to remind you of that.
SO PLEASE DO NOT GET RID!
Sorry for shouting,
Mike

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
toper copy.jpg (137.55 KB, 96 downloads)
Last edited by Mike Head; 11/04/18 07:51 AM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Hi Mike.

Please head to BIAB wishlist thread and see what VideoTrack proposed. His idea is elegant in all respects.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=498914#Post498914

Scroll down 5 top posts.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
This is a simple fix.

How do you know? I've maintained for years if stuff like this were simple it would have been done already. It just makes sense, they're not stupid.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
This is a simple fix.

How do you know? I've maintained for years if stuff like this were simple it would have been done already. It just makes sense, they're not stupid.

Bob

Bob is absolutely right. Only the programmers know if it is an easy fix or not. Like Bob said if it was an easy fix it would be done by now.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Beginners Forum
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Bob, Mario...
I have worked with programmers to rewrite things (and graphics) on about half a dozen of websites. Not the "template" ones, but all custom, including the logic blocks. About half of my buddies are in computer science. I think I have basic understanding on what it takes to redo this header the right way. For a good coder, this stuff is peanuts, a "pocket change". Programmers that work for PG did not do it probably because their superior(s) did not ask them to do extra curriculum work.

I think the this idea was explained and visually presented very well in request section. Of course it is all up to the oracle to make this happen or not, but for us, users, it boils down to either to support this good idea or not.

Beginners Forum
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
This is a example of MiniHost in the main vst window but the vst/i/s run outside:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwq47nelyuo7vjd/Biab-MiniHost.mp4?dl=0

MiniHost 32/64bit

BB-MiniHost.png (1.01 MB, 388 downloads)
Beginners Forum
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
This is a simple fix.

Bob

How easy were VideoReal/Tracks/Drums to implement ????

Beginners Forum
P
Veteran
Veteran
P

BB-Delphi-Plugin.png (36.1 KB, 62 downloads)
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
No need to get rid of anything. Just use the workspace more effectively.
Like this

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,481
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195