Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#499918 11/06/18 01:46 PM
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
OK, I'll ask the question, Can we really have too many forums or is more better? grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #499949 11/06/18 06:57 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I’m already unable to monitor more than three. But I hope it works out.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Matt Finley #499950 11/06/18 07:33 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I also only ever to manage to check a limited few. Maybe about the same as Matt. In fact I check fewer forum pages now than I did previously. Purely down to other commitments. I wish I had more time. YMMV.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
DrDan #499951 11/06/18 07:34 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
OK, I'll ask the question, Can we really have too many forums or is more better? grin

More isn't better. The additional topics just shave a sliver from the Off Topic forum each time they add another category. The only one I've checked in years is the Off Topic.

DrDan #499985 11/07/18 03:39 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
For me there are too many. I'd rather have more posts in one forum than many forums.

But I don't know if I'm in the minority or not.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
DrDan #499989 11/07/18 03:46 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
No complaints here. I’ve been an admin for a large site and also a moderator on two other boards. There is a continual struggle to create/delete/combine forums with the objective of keeping posts topic focused. Some folks got perturbed when we rearranged the furniture smile Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not but the intentions were good.

There are two differences here that IMO distinguish this board from the pack. Firstly, its still here :), i.e., it has not been consumed by social media alternatives and, secondly, it is populated by folks who by and large treat one another with respect and civility.

FWIW,

Bud

DrDan #500052 11/07/18 09:40 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
More is always better

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
DrDan #500090 11/07/18 01:14 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, I just logged on and counted 34 forums (and that’s English only).

Subtracting about six I will probably never view, that still leaves quite a few to browse. What is the likelihood I will see the question from the frustrated beginner, one where I might be able to help? Many such questions show up in the wrong forum as it is, not even counting the Shout Box where I don’t attempt to help.

And I’m not counting the testing forums.

On an iPhone, which I normally use to read here, it’s a staggering task and it’s not getting easier. I apologize in advance that I won’t be as likely to help in the future. But I do wish everyone success.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
DrDan #500097 11/07/18 01:43 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi
Well for me there are far more than I can cope with now.
So like many others I limit myself to the 4 that interest me and I think I may be able to help in.
That is, The Beginners, Off Topic, BIAB Windows , and Realband.
Unfortunately this means I did miss one the other day in SOS where I could have helped. Luckily due to other readers suggestion the OP sent me a PM so I became aware of it and I was pleased to help.
I expect I miss some good content but cant commit myself to monitor and respond to many more.

Just my thoughts,
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Matt Finley #500241 11/08/18 10:33 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Many such questions show up in the wrong forum as it is, not even counting the Shout Box where I don’t attempt to help.

There's certainly no helping the Shout Box now...

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
DrDan #500244 11/08/18 10:45 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The forum appearance just changed on my iPhone. I like it - easier to read, and the scroll to top button is nice. The Shout Box is indeed gone.?

Matt Finley #500250 11/08/18 11:04 AM
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
That's right. It should work better on your phone now, but there is also a setting in User Prefs to change it back to desktop mode.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
DrDan #500288 11/08/18 02:07 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This is the best music related forum on the web.

A one-stop shop.

I have purchased all of my best tools, DAWS, VSTs, you name it based on recommendations from people and shout outs when they were down from $400 to $5 for one day.

I have learned how to use them on this forum.

I have learned how to mix on this forum.

I have learned how to write songs on this forum.

I have heard some incredible stuff on this forum.

This forum is my music university, and if they want to add another building or wing I don't care.

It is my decision whether or not I want to take astrophysics, but if I decide to, the class is there.

smile

More is more.

I vote with Herb. I also want that buckle.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
...it is populated by folks who by and large treat one another with respect and civility.

This one fact has been the major reason for my loyalty to the group. I am not afraid to ask my stupid questions for fear of being flamed or ridiculed. Everyone is on equal footing here although perhaps at different stages of the learning curve. Many other music forums seem eager to ambush noobs mercilessly.

Over the years, we have seen a very few trolls slither past the moderators but they don't seem to last long when confronted with the combined knowledge and mutual support to be found here. The moderators should have our sincere thanks for the excellent job they do in maintaining a 'family' atmosphere, one that I would be proud to have my grandchildren read.

DrDan #501403 11/15/18 04:06 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well..... the "MORE" commercial was a joke.... More is good when it concerns money, and arguably a few other things....but on forums.... maybe not so much.

There comes a point where there are simply too many forums. You start to get overlap and that's when things tend to get confusing. Nothing screams frustration when there are 2 or more closely related forums and someone takes it upon themselves to post the same exact question in several forums...... try keeping THAT conversation in the easy to understand category.

As it is right now with me.... I tend to inhabit only a small handful of these forums. Some I never go into. 6 max in the first section..... and 2 in the second section. And that's not an everyday thing either. I click to see if there's anything new in them and generally don't spend much time in them.

Adding new forums to the site should be approached with thoughtfulness. Do we really need that new forum or is the proposed forum already covered by an existing one?

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
IMHO the FAQs should be a subset of the main screen. That's the one with BiaB for Windows, BiaB for Mac, Forums, etc.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
DrDan #501594 11/16/18 03:27 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
To me the problem with the "more" forums is that mostly new people post in the wrong one. It's easy to do when you are confronted with so many forums and haven't the experience to know which one is the most appropriate one to use.

One example: A post that might get more responses and a better chance to get a problem solved might be by posting it in the BiaB Windows or Mac forum, A newbie might post it in the SOS forum limiting his/her chances of getting a solution.

Personally I think "less is more" but I could be in the minority.

But let me say that I'll like either way and these comments are about my own personal preferences which may or may not be with the majority.

In any case, I really like this forum. Most of the people here I consider to be my friends, even if I have never met them in person. There is a lot of kindness, generosity, and humor here, and there are few flame wars, trolls, and spam. It's a happy community and I enjoy myself here.

So a "Thanks" to the moderators must be included for keeping the spam out, and another "thanks" for my fellow forumites for making this a nice place to play and share.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
DrDan #501602 11/16/18 05:32 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I've said this many times already.

Too many forums that overlap the same subject primarily Biab. First the main Biab Windows/Mac forums, the Beginners forum, the SOS forum, the Performance one and now the FAQ one. Nooby's are posting Biab/RB questions all over the place now. When I try to gently tell people they should read the FAQ at the top of each forum before they post I usually get slammed for it like who are you the hall monitor? I'm all about helping nooby's but some should be instructed as to how these forums work.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
DrDan #501606 11/16/18 05:47 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Way too many.Period.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
jazzmammal #501607 11/16/18 05:47 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
I've said this many times already.

Too many forums that overlap the same subject primarily Biab. First the main Biab Windows/Mac forums, the Beginners forum, the SOS forum, the Performance one and now the FAQ one. Nooby's are posting Biab/RB questions all over the place now. When I try to gently tell people they should read the FAQ at the top of each forum before they post I usually get slammed for it like who are you the hall monitor? I'm all about helping nooby's but some should be instructed as to how these forums work.

Bob

What he said! I'm only working with half a brain now, and this site is getting overwhelming.

Regards,

Bob (The Other Bob)(The Handsome One) grin

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195