You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#500689 - 11/10/18 05:33 PM [User Showcase] The Destination
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

A lot of people love staying home all the time. I am not one of those.

Recorded in Logic Pro X
Plug Ins : Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8, Tonal Balance, Waves LinMB, Waves, L3-LL Multi Limiter, Scuffam Amps S-Gear, Waves Vocal Rider

Vocals, Telecaster, Tom Adams

RealTracks 518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Held Ev 085
RealTracks 2645:Guitar, Resonator, Rhythm Folk8thsRandy Ev 085
RealTracks 2533:Guitar, Acoustic, HeldChords
RealTracks 2542:Pedal Steel, Background ModernBalladAtmosphere Ev16 065
RealTracks 2883:Pedal Steel, Background CountryEddy12-key Ev 085
RealTracks 2824:Pedal Steel, Soloist CountryEddy12-key Ev 085
Royalty Free Loops

https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/the-destination

https://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

The Destination

Hit the road when I was a young man
Not much different from what my Daddy done
Never cared much for throwing out an anchor
it’s the way I am it’s in my blood

It’s not the time it takes It’s all about the journey
The destination don’t matter much

Daddy said You’ll know when you get there
The road will tell you when you’re done
It’s easier to get where you’re going
If you know where you come from

he said if you change your mind just change your scenery
Don’t get stuck in a 9 to 5
Keep the wind at your back and the rubber on the pavement
Stare down the devil and you’ll know you’re alive

It’s not the time it takes It’s all about the journey
The destination don’t matter much

Daddy said You’ll know when you get there
The road will tell you when you’re done
It’s easier to get where you’re going
If you know where you come from

©2018 Thomas Adams

#500693 - 11/10/18 05:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Tom,

Anytime I see your name on a new post, I get pretty anxious - anticipation of some great music. You never disappoint. I've always traveled, nearly non-stop (over 40 countries and all but 2 states - Oregon and Hawaii). But with Di's health so fragile, I haven't in a couple of years.

That chorus just speaks to me. My favorite place, other than with my wife, is what lies down the road I've never traveled. As always, your vocal shines and your Tele talks. It seems every time I listen to one of your new posts, I say "Man, that might be my all-time favorite from you." So, here I go again: This might be my all-time favorite from you.

Best to you.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#500715 - 11/10/18 08:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Tom

Great to hear a new one from you and an excellent one at that.
Really nice set of lyrics and some wonderful melodic guitar phrases between verses.
Always love your laid back vocal sound and harmonies and the band sounds superb.

Peter

#500719 - 11/10/18 10:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

First...this is a great sounding song. Second...it's a great song. Really enjoyed the listen.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#500743 - 11/11/18 02:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi Tom,

I can relate to the message, somewhat anyway. My favorite type of getaway is doing road trips, a planned destination but anything in between is fair game. Been right across Canada from coast to coast that way, and also spent a month driving down and exploring Texas with stops at many cool places along the way. And many other shorter trips over the years. Driving down route 66 is on my bucket list, maybe next year.

Anyway, nice to hear you with a new one! Your music always sounds radio ready to me, such a pro sound.

#500751 - 11/11/18 03:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Cool tune Tommy. My dad was a trucker so spent allot of summer breaks from school cruising coast to coast. Funny used to love to travel when younger but so much chaos in the airports and congested city driving much prefer to stay home.

Loved the lyric and super vocal as always. And always my favorite part of the songs the guitar was just excellent...

#500753 - 11/11/18 04:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
funkycornwall Offline
Journeyman

Great song and excellent mix with plenty of variety and highs and lows. Really liked the arrangement and all the links and changes of feel in the drums. Great vocal too.

#500758 - 11/11/18 04:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Superb work Tom. That has got to be one of the best Telecaster tones I have ever heard! Great lyrics sung to perfection, all in a top notch RTs setting. Mix and engineering A1. An object lesson to us all!

Best
John
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#500800 - 11/11/18 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Love the Picture!

Your signature guitar playing is in full force here

very nice write

cool song

excellent vocals

good to hear you again Tom,

Kenny

#500881 - 11/11/18 04:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
You've got a winner here. I absolutely love the guitar work. Memorable melody and good, expressive vocals.

#500941 - 11/12/18 07:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice work.

I used to really like grabbing the steering wheel and heading out to parts unknown to set up and play music for folks. Now days I have found my destination and really like walking through my woods.

On the song. Good writing. That guitar tone is "to die for" as my girls used to say. Nice crunch but in a smooth sort of way. Both the rhythm and the lead tomes are so nice. Yep... another goodun!

And of course, every time I visit your site.... I have to listen to my favorite of yours..... The Waterline. Man that one gives me chills.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#500976 - 11/12/18 10:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: PeterF]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Tom,

Anytime I see your name on a new post, I get pretty anxious - anticipation of some great music. You never disappoint. I've always traveled, nearly non-stop (over 40 countries and all but 2 states - Oregon and Hawaii). But with Di's health so fragile, I haven't in a couple of years.

That chorus just speaks to me. My favorite place, other than with my wife, is what lies down the road I've never traveled. As always, your vocal shines and your Tele talks. It seems every time I listen to one of your new posts, I say "Man, that might be my all-time favorite from you." So, here I go again: This might be my all-time favorite from you.

Best to you.

Alan
Alan, I also am missing Oregon and Hawaii along with 5 more. I think you’ve got me beat on countries but I’m closing in on you. Thanks for the great comments, Tom
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom

Great to hear a new one from you and an excellent one at that.
Really nice set of lyrics and some wonderful melodic guitar phrases between verses.
Always love your laid back vocal sound and harmonies and the band sounds superb.

Peter
Peter, good to hear from you. I appreciate the kind words, Tom

#501001 - 11/12/18 01:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
This is COOOOOL!!! Reminds me of John Hiatt (the best of John Hiatt)! Fantastic energy, fantastic lyrics, fantastic vocal and mix! You killed it!!!! Take care. Greg

#501020 - 11/12/18 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

"It’s easier to get where you’re going
If you know where you come from"

What a nice line. A good write. A good Road Song.

Your signature lick is the perfect earworm.

Everything sounds good (As it always does in your songs).
The drums and the acoustic are attention grabbers...
A great mix - crisp, clean, cohesive.

A great listen. (Of course!)

fj

#501116 - 11/13/18 09:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Tom,
The intro grabs and already I know this is a good "band" song(no one does the big drums better)
Love the sentiments in the lyrics, strong vocals...and that great Telecaster sound.
Makes me want to get out and drive South!

Robert

#501370 - 11/15/18 03:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: Tangmo]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
First...this is a great sounding song. Second...it's a great song. Really enjoyed the listen.
Tangmo, thanks for stopping by and leaving the wonderful comments. I appreciate it, Tom

#501475 - 11/15/18 10:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Another great song and production Tom! One of my favorite things about this one is the signature lick -
really catchy.

#501488 - 11/15/18 11:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Man, is this ever the way to take a BiaB band and make it yours. With the drum loops and your guitar licks this song just screams individuality.

"It’s easier to get where you’re going if you know where you come from" is sung with both certainty and confidence.

And what makes this song even more special is that we have had the pleasure of sitting around the campfire and hearing about some of those place you've been smile

A fine "I wanna hit the road" write, a strong vocal, cool guitar and a top notch tommyad mix all demand a wide audience.

We like the allusions to Hiatt...Drive South!

Kudos!

J&B

#501523 - 11/15/18 01:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: tommyad]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi tom really love this one love the bite on the guitar how did you get the sound great vocal and mix really clear and crisp thanks eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#501791 - 11/17/18 03:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Destination [Re: Scott C]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Tom,

I can relate to the message, somewhat anyway. My favorite type of getaway is doing road trips, a planned destination but anything in between is fair game. Been right across Canada from coast to coast that way, and also spent a month driving down and exploring Texas with stops at many cool places along the way. And many other shorter trips over the years. Driving down route 66 is on my bucket list, maybe next year.

Anyway, nice to hear you with a new one! Your music always sounds radio ready to me, such a pro sound.
Thanks for your support Dave, Tom
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool tune Tommy. My dad was a trucker so spent allot of summer breaks from school cruising coast to coast. Funny used to love to travel when younger but so much chaos in the airports and congested city driving much prefer to stay home.

Loved the lyric and super vocal as always. And always my favorite part of the songs the guitar was just excellent...
Scott, I’m glad you liked it,Tom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Bar Settings

In Band-in-a-Box®, F5 or Edit | Settings for Current Bar will open up a new window allowing you to adjust the number of beats per bar, apply tempo changes and patch changes, or apply a different Style, and even choose harmony changes to your Band-in-a-Box® song!

Watch the video that explains this feature.

Read more about Bar Settings: Windows | Mac

A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Forum Stats
33073 Members
68 Forums
66622 Topics
566834 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
duykhuong20, jeffatbkk, chiefegod, guapeton, scrocco