Originally Posted By: 44kfl
The band sounds right with a nice driving groove

kicked up by the hand claps

another solid write delivered by excellent vocals, lead and harmonies

a perfect radio song, catchy and gone before you know it

leaving you singing the hooks

It's always a great experience listening, a treat for us all here

Kenny

Kenny - thanks for that review. always nice to have my favorite writers find positives in my work... smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: cliftond
Yeah Floyd the 90's country was just awesome, as good as soft rock of the early to mid 70's. THis song is brings me back to that time, the syle is dead on, lyricks would be easy to hear with any number of artists at the time. It aint the same now. CLiff

Thanks cliff

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
This one makes me wanna do some line dancing. Great job on everything FJ. Fun lighthearted descriptive writing, melodic spotlight right on the hook, arranged well, like those cool double claps, well sung lead and harmonies.

(Plus sounds great through my new speakers grin) Happy fan here.

Josie - always nice to have you drop by···Thanks for the nice comments

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
You're singing my life here...except for the cowboy hat part. :-)

I love the way I can find a place in your lyric that makes me want to sing along. And singing-along is easy with this hooky melody and rhythm. By the time the chorus came back around, it had me hooked.

Masterful song-writing, and sounds good too.

thanks Tangmo nothing better than having someone singing along

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Well, that was fun! Loved everything about it! Moved along at such a great pace, used some high fallutin’ terms in the lyric (++ on that), vocal, production were solid, liked the little handclaps as you wound it up, really liked the extended “LUUUUV” to kickstart the chorus..lots to like in this one! Thanks for the ride!

Thanks TM

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We could listen over and over to an album of you singing songs from this era.

It's hard to accept that the wonderful songs coming out of Nashville during this time are considered "old school" -- which begs the question of what do the pundits consider the different country styles from the late 40's to the 80's. We've listened extensively to all of it (Bud lived through most of it smile ) but this song represents a spectacular period of that spectrum that you well described in this post. And your involvement in this N'ville period certainly gives you a special perspective.

The song has been posted but two days and already folks have offered all the superlatives and great insight. Dittos to all that's been said and we'd like to add that the mix/mastering simply sparkles. We've listened on several sound systems and the arrangement and mix capture that period equally as well as the great write and vocals. It would be impossible to imagine anything could be added or removed.

Keepin' it alive mr jane!

J&B

It was an amazing era. Thanks for the fine review...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Floyd,

living pretty far a way from the Wild West, I' no country music expert. But this song has got everything to make me tap my toes.Very catchy chorus. And the title tells it like it is! I LIKE IT A LOT !

Stephan - thanks for dropping in for a listen! Appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Definitely a cool tune to dance too. Love this tune Floyd. A feel good tune for sure. Super vocal and backtrack. Just loved the tone on the guitar. Well done

Thanks, Scott...

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Such a tight write. Every word in a perfect place. The mix is outstanding. And your lead and harmony vocals are spot on.

You put the Kick back in Kick-[*****] Country!

smile Thanks, Lawrence!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As you know I spent that decade on the bandstand playing exactly this style of Country. AJ comes to mind. The fiddle and Brent add the perfect licks. Your vocal delivery and phrasing works well with this driving sound. The write is a master class in prosody. The drawn out “Love....” in the chorus opening is a perfect example of making the chorus stand up and take off. Another in a long line of well thought out writes and productions. Nothing I would change, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Very cool country—could see a bevy of artists lining up to sing this one. Catchy melody with your usual great production. Yeah, like those clapping hands—nice effect. Fun listen!

All the best,

Deej

Thanks, Deej.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Floyd,

This is golden indeed.

Really classic songwriting reflecting a golden era--but still "modern Floyd."

smile

Loved every second of it as always.

I appreciate that, Mr Snyder...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: edshaw
You are running with the big boys, Floyd, and have been for some time. This one is especially good.

Nice of you to say, Ed.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Floyd,

"The artists were immediately identifiable" and so are you.
This is a real Floyd song!
" Well written and catchy", as most of your songs are!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, y'all!!!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Starts with a strong groove, and keeps it throughout. Catchy licks, strong chorus, excellent lyrics. Clear mix, zips along with soloists stepping in and out so there's plenty of variety. It's like one of those carnival rides that zips you through the funhouse and around one bend and the next. smile

I always enjoy your reviews, David. Thanks!!!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
AWESOME!!!! This is a clinic in songwriting!! Sweet, sentimental (but not overly), humorous, and clever without feeling that it's trying to hard. The message of the song, and the quality of writing brings to mind Bonnie Raitt's Something to talk about (that was actually an outside write by an unknown) and Rickie Lee's Chuckie's in Love. Everything (song, mix, production) is totally nailed here!!! Wonderful Floyd!! Take care. Greg

Greg - this is definitely one of my favorite reviews ever! Not sure that this song can get even close to those two comparisons, but I certainly appreciate the thought!!! You made me go listen to Ricki Lee Jones - haven't thought of that song in SO very long... so thanks for that, too...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
floyd,

Country music is not introduced frequently in Japan, so regrettably I do not know what the 90's Nashville sound is.
But I do understand this is your typical.
Uplifting, catchy, easy to remember and very pop.
I think your songs of this genre are very comfortable as well as your rock songs.
Your vocal is superb as usual.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - thanks for that very nice review!!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bluage
Mr. Jane...

You produce songs so regularly on the forum that I think you must sit down and force yourself to write songs everyday, that you don't wait for "the muse" to walk in through your door. Am I right?

"A Good Enough Reason" is fun to listen to because your lyrics are so upbeat, as is your music. The RealTracks instruments "take it away" in a such merry, joyful way that they lift your vocal up with them. In every song about love that I've heard you sing, it's as though you have so much of it in your own, full heart that you just have to give it away in your songs. The addition of the hand-claps was downright inspired, and made the whole production sound like it was performed at a big and lively party.

I lift my glass to a songwriter who obviously pleases his audience because he pleases himself with his hard work.

Sincere as a heart attack,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

LOREN - Pleased to have you drop in for a listen. I do, in fact, often "sit down to write something". And there was a time in my life that I DID sit down almost every day to write - sometimes by myself, but just as often meeting up with other writers for scheduled "writing appointments". We all carried notebooks with snippets and lines and half finished songs, titles, etc. You run through a bunch of them until you get a "that's sounds like something we could write!" and go at it... It was a great time for me...
Thanks for the nice visit...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
As you know I spent that decade on the bandstand playing exactly this style of Country. AJ comes to mind. The fiddle and Brent add the perfect licks. Your vocal delivery and phrasing works well with this driving sound. The write is a master class in prosody. The drawn out “Love....” in the chorus opening is a perfect example of making the chorus stand up and take off. Another in a long line of well thought out writes and productions. Nothing I would change, Tom

Tom - SO glad to see you back around!! This was intended to "capture" that AJ thing, so thanks for finding it in there somewhere... It was a heck of a time for Country music!!

Looking forward to checking out your new one...

User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
You've written a another very nice dance-able tune... I really enjoyed listening!

Jim
†=☮&♥
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199