Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great collaboration has produced powerful lyrics, including the title. Nice melody, catchy chorus in a well made package.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
AMEN Brothers and Sis! We need more beacons of hope like this. WTG, Tom

+1! Great message.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
"we can rise above it all". Oh yeah. That's the line on which turns this hopeful song. When the world seems bent on forcing us to choose sides, we can rise above it all.

A great message, riding a simple and effective melody, carried by natural voices and supported by a strong progression and tasteful band. And it sounds good in my 'phones to boot.

Thanks, Tangmo. We appreciate that!!

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
"floyd jane", "greg johnson" and Ms. Janice...

Folks, folks, folks, do you all know what you've done, here??? Huh??? Well, do you??? You took a mighty swing with the big stick of righteousness and knocked the cap off a big bottle of highly-pressurized silence about what's goin' on in these here (dis)-United States. PG Music should give all of you a "Most Socially Significant Songwriting" award for this song of yours, "The Next Big Thing", 'cuz it is.

The title itself piqued my curiosity as to what was this "next big thing", and you delivered on it in no uncertain terms. Your skillful selection of RealTracks carried your "message" musically to this listener in the most ear-pleasing way possible. The sound/feel is intimate, yet tuneful.

Whoever sang the melody just immortalized himself. Ms. Janice's harmonies are the sound of the winds of hope blowing underneath lyrics that are down-to-earth and perfectly descriptive of how badly we're getting our spurs tangled up concerning how we live with each other in America.

This just goes to show all of us songwriters what can happen when you "take it to the river" and get your soul washed nice n' clean.

Bravo, for your courage, honesty, and sincerity, folks!

Deeply grateful, and deeply impressed,

LOREN

Last edited by bluage; 11/15/18 03:47 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd and Greg,

these are times when people all over the world are losing hope when they watch the new, read the papers, FB and the like. Not so long ago I was pretty sure that things - despite of any setbacks - were going the right direction. I grew up in times where love and brotherhood, peace and justice were our aims, and - call me naive - they're still what I deeoly believe in. It's so sad to see how these aims are being trampled and laughed at and how love and truth seem to have been superseded by hate and lies - worldwide.

I would deeply wish that this song woudn't have been necessary, but I am grateful you wrote, recorded and shared it.

It really touched me and I do hope that more of us will take a stand and write their own cry for humanity. Although this is not only lyricswise a jewel, but also a great, most lovable and well-performed piece, any style of music will be suitable for getting the message through, don't you think?

Thanks a lot !

Stefan

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Thanks all for the wonderful comments! Means a lot to me that you like our tune. Floyd did an amazing job putting this together. I had a concept and some fragmented ideas and he created a wonderful production from it. It is a great treat to get to collaborate with one of your favorite writers. Thanks so much Floyd!! Take care all. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
To Greg, Floyd, and Janice the usual vocal, mix, etc accolades. But what took it over the top for me was the lyrics. I much needed powerful message that all in our ultra political divide need to hear.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
LOVE it tiedyed, cheesecloth, sandals or not it's a contemporary and original plea for essentials. In some ways An excellent update of this...

Last edited by rayc; 11/17/18 12:54 AM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks to all who have mentioned my small part. It was a delight to sing and share the feelings of this song.

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd / Greg

Lovely song. A wonderful set of lyrics with an excellent sentiment and a catchy sweet melody topped off with a great vocal and some lovely harmonies by Janice.
A great collaboration from some of the forums best.

Peter

Thanks, Peter. We appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Originally Posted By: tommyad
AMEN Brothers and Sis! We need more beacons of hope like this. WTG, Tom

+1 to what Tom said. It says it all for me. I can't say anything better so I won't try.

Di and I had this discussion over the weekend. What took us all afternoon to say, you two gentlemen said in about three minutes. A tip of the hat and a salute to both you. Wishing both of you the very best. And thank you for this.

Alan

Glad you liked this, Alan...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd, Greg and Janice,

How right you are!
And how beautifully you have turned this wish into a song.
Great vocals!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Awesome timely lyrics. Super collaboration. Awesome vocal and Janice's harmonies are just perfect. Well done.

Thanks, Scott...

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd and Greg,

Well done, gentleman! Great sentiment conveyed in an engaging tune—really enjoyed that chorus and the harmonies. An admirable collaboration.

My best to both of you,

Deej

We appreciate that, Deej... thanks..

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Great message! And a great song, nice melody and I love the vocal and harmonies.

Nice job on the production and mix, as usual everything sounds perfect.

Really enjoyed this one! I've listened a few times and will listen again.

Collaborations are the best, well done all!

Thanks, as always, Dave...

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
The addition to Janice to any project is never small, always a BIG BIG PLUS!! Thanks so much to Janice, one of the best singers I've heard, on or off of the forum!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl

eek

wink

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I love seeing what people collaborate on. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Ember.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
This song is needed.

For me to say anything more than that distracts from the message.

Caaron - we appreciate your succinctness. smile

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
You conveyed an important universal theme quite nicely in this song. The chorus is memorable--I'm still singing it in my head as I type this.

ES - thanks for stopping in...

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
cool song....

I really liked the second verse. and the chorus wasn't bad either.

Yep... we need songs of hope in this hopeless world we live in.

Herb - we're glad you liked this...

User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
A truly excellent song & production... loved the hook "why can't love be the next big thing"!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hi greg and Floyd great message love it we need this I agree great colab guys eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
The alternative has been there since time immemorial...now to just get folks to embrace it. Yep, we love the sentiment.

When you invited Janice in and we read that it was a floyd/Greg collab we knew it was gonna be strong. It's a floyd production and vocal...what is left to say about that combo. At the risk of being trite...that combo simply delivers EVERY time.

We would also like to mention that the sheer sincerity of this production is apparent all through -- lyrically, vocally and arrangement wise.

Sincere and hopeful, i.e., not angst ridden.

Superb!!!

J&B

PS Janice says thanks again for inviting her to play a small part.

Thanks for the nice review. More importantly...THANKS for again being a big part of the music!!!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Skyline
A great collaboration guys. You've got a super song there and a much-needed sentiment. I caught my breath when the first note of the bridge started, wow Floyd. A great job all round.

John

We all say "Thanks!", John. And glad you liked the bridge!...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great arrangement, excellent write, smooth delivery and wonderful production.

I'm running out of superlatives, and it's only my second sentance!

I'm especially struck by the lyric - this is a great write. You start out with alliteration:

build bigger, better bombs
well, what is wrong (OK, wrong is only visually alliterative wink )

You end both verses with the country songwriting trick of reversing the meaning of a word by changing the context:

we ask "what is wrong with them?"
well, what is wrong with you and me?

and

the wonders of nature all under our control
yet we have so little insight into the nature of our souls

And that chorus is perfection! It's got the title as bookends, and is propelled in the middle by an acceleration with the inner rhyme:

it's time we start with the human heart

And then the final verse answers the question posed by the first two choruses, and invites the listener to take action without finger-pointing.

All in all, an amazing write.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195