Go To
#452440 01/20/18 09:52 AM
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Maybe there is a good reason why there are none.

But I'd love to see Midi SuperTracks for acoustic and electric guitar: picking, chord strumming in different styles of playing. Some more realistic sound patches would be helpful too, but there are plenty of third party guitar VSTis out there already. Maybe even one of those could also be included in some future BIAB release.

Don L. Turner

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4
Veteran
Veteran
Don,

+1 but with reservation. I don't think MIDI is capable of driving a great sounding guitar soft synth enough for the synth to sound realistic.

First, even the best of acoustic and electric guitar soft synths don't sound very realistic much of the time. It's not the fault of the synths as much as MIDI doesn't seem to be able to direct the synths well enough to convincingly sound authentic. I'm not a guitar snob. I'd love to have a great sounding guitar soft synth at my disposal but I haven't heard an example yet that can fool me. And that's listening to sample songs where the manufacture has invested good time and money to convince me their product does sound realistic.

Second, believe it or not, some PG Music MIDI styles have very good strumming patterns; some of the best I've heard. But the strum patterns do not exploit guitar soft synths any better than the patterns that ship with most guitar soft synths.

As I said at the top, I don't think MIDI is capable of directing even the best sounding guitar soft synths enough to sound realistic.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
You are correct Jim. Midi cannot sound as real as the real thing. To some degree that is true for most Midi-generated sounds. However, I have noticed that inside a mix, or if you aren't shooting for realism anyway, a Midi instrument can do the job. I'm no expert, haven't mixed a track in 15 years because of my tinnitus. I was just looking for more options and more freedom to experiment with the sounds and with the notes that could be generated by guitar playing styles.

Don L. Turner

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4
Veteran
Veteran
Don,

Amplesound is highly rated. You may find it worth your time to download Amplesound's +++ AGM Lite II +++ (Acoustic Martin). The difference from the paid version is the free version does not include as many samples and performs finger picking while the paid version performs finger picking and strums.

Even with tinnitus I think you'll gain a better perspective of guitar virtual instruments and is a great learning tool.

SuperMidi is a great feature but I don't think it helps midi guitar because so much of the performance can not be captured by MIDI. I'd love to be proven wrong.

D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
You said: :"SuperMidi is a great feature but I don't think it helps midi guitar because so much of the performance can not be captured by MIDI. I'd love to be proven wrong."

I just bought a product that is quite impressive, so far: FingerPick 2.0 for Native Instruments Kontakt. I'm not sure this would prove you wrong, but it is acoustic guitar parts generated by played or recorded simple midi keyboard chords, and the results sound authentic to my ears. It's much more flexible than BIAB MIDI SuperTrack performances and would be a great direction for PG Music to take if they want to stay competitive in an ever-changing market.

And I still would love to see some MIDI SuperTracks for Guitar.

Here is a link: FingerPick 2.0 by RealiTone

Don L. Turner

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4
Veteran
Veteran
RealiTone has several VSTi instruments I'd love to have and FingerPick 2.0 is near the top of the list. I'd also love to have RealiDrums, RealiBanjo and RealiWhistle. FingerPick 2.0 is a huge upgrade from V1.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
RealiTone has several VSTi instruments I'd love to have and FingerPick 2.0 is near the top of the list. I'd also love to have RealiDrums, RealiBanjo and RealiWhistle. FingerPick 2.0 is a huge upgrade from V1.

I have RealiBanjo and RealiWhistle and both products are excellent. I'd like to get Fingerpick 2 but its Christmas time and cash is in short supply.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Yeah, it is a huge upgrade. I only had version 1 a few days before version 2 came out and I got a great deal. Version 2 lets you pan the strings, switch some or all strings with a nylon guitar (with the bundle), and apply different EQ setting to each string. Between the intensity knob and the different capo settings you can get lots of different sounds even without the new stuff.

Don L. Turner

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
I like those instruments but don't have a use for them right now. One instrument that excites me is the screaming trumpet; as soon as I come up with a use for it in a song I'll be buying it.

Don L. Turner

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Don L Turner
I like those instruments but don't have a use for them right now. One instrument that excites me is the screaming trumpet; as soon as I come up with a use for it in a song I'll be buying it.

Screaming Trumpet is my go to trumpet. It is one of the most realistic sounding VSTi trumpets that I have heard. You will not regret buying it.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Veteran
Yep, I've got everything from Realitone except the vocal instruments. Screaming trumpet is pretty cool.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Thanks for the advice.

Don L. Turner

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Feeling a little jealous right now. I'm sure they're all great products, if Fingerpick is any indication of their quality.

Don L. Turner

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195